Canadian Slalom Growth and Organisations

Slalom Skateboarding in Canada

Moderator: Claude Regnier

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:25 pm

Welcome to the Canadian Slalom Forum.

There are not many of us at the moment and were miles apart. I have been doing Slalom in Canada since I started skating in the early 70's.

If you are interested in trying to develop an Association locally, you can start with a GRS or GRASS Branch.

We will also want to get a CSSF Canadian Slalom Skateboard Federation going to coincide and work with the USSSF in the United States and the eventual Associations and International Governing bodies.

This can be time consuming and I know most of you just want to skate. Well this will definitely help you find others to skate with.

It would be nice to see Provincial Championships and also the return of National Championships to Canada.

Many Happy Pumps

Claude Regnier
Former Canadian National Champion
1981 - 1990

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2002-10-30 11:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2003-01-08 00:57 ]</font>

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:05 pm

Hello fellow slalomers, i ride mostly in the Montreal area, started riding cones in 77 but stopped and i just got back at it this spring.

An association is a good idea and i hope this forum will help us canadians ride/race together. I'm tryin to organize a race or a demo for next summer during a speedboard comp in Montreal, any help or ideas will be welcome. Later, Pierre

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:28 am

So Pierre and I have been talking since early summer. Is there anyone else out there north of the boarder.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:49 am

Hellloooo! anybody out there??
Man! this feels like we need to get more canadians to stop curling and try slalom...

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:43 pm

I'm lurking around Saskatoon... I've been riding since 1976 and went to nationals in 79, that was the last slalom contest I rode. I think I heard from someone from Calgary over on NCDSA.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:58 am

Hi Neil! I'm glad you found the site. Brad Kasha is the guy lurking in Calgary. He was the guy on NCDSA posting under Bohika.

He ran the 1982 Nationals. We e-mailed each other a couple of times. He's working on a few things I would expect him to join in, in the next while.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2002-12-08 23:56 ]</font>

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:55 am

We'll with Civ having joined us of late that makes 5. When Brad (bohika) from Calgary joins will have provinces from half the country on board,Eh!

We can't forget Scott Yano who is currently in Japan.

Some of you guys can chime in anytime with some ideas.

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:04 am

Hey Claude,
Thanks for remembering...I'm still over here and healing. Anyway, just found this site and will look in as much as I can.... Anybody found anywhere to set up cones on the coast (The one with the mountains)? I hope so.
Scott

Sorry screwed up registering (just habit, I guess) and thought I'd have a place to put my real name. I tried to edit my username, but couldn't...
Scott

ed note: no worries. I deleted the other account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adam Trahan on 2002-12-10 09:17 ]</font>

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:38 pm

Claude, hey its cabbage, I just found the site yesterday,stoked to see your name, just wanted to say hello to my friends up north..You all rock, hope to see your board get bigger... Will you be back down for bridge day again next year? and what events are you planning on attending this comming year?

Cabbage

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:35 pm

Hi Scott, couldn't forget about you. Other then neil you were one of the 1rst Canadian contacts I met up with (e-mail wise) that is.

I haven't heard about anything on the West Coast yet. some of the guys that used to copete in the Nationals are still somewhat involved in skating and were informed of morro and other goings on.

I do expect to have some more involment from the West Coast. UBC has a nice sot and they allowed some national and the Worlds in 86.

Hi Cabbage, getting more people up here is a work in progress. Thanks for the good wishes. I hope everything is well for you and yours.

I'm not sure what my plans are for next year at this point, i'm still trying to pay of Morro and the trip.

C-YA

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:10 pm

I was at the Expo comp in 86 (as a spectator). Lots of fun, although I wasn't even aware that there was slalom happening. I saw the half-pipe and the freestyle. My favourite memory is going to that snake run park in North Van and seeing Cab tear it up. He is so impressive in person.

Anyways, I don't really have any big ideas. We're supposed to be getting a concrete park here next year if the council and the skaters can stop bickering. That will be a good opportunity to set some cones up and try to encourage by example. I set a few up at an indoor park and got a lot of interest, mostly from the really young skaters. If I had had a board they could turn handy it would have been great (mine's a little stiff for an 8 year old).

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:16 am

Well Neil all we can do is try. The kids are probably kicking up a fuss because the politicians want to provide something shitty.

I've seen that soooo much. Do they have a website or something I can send some info or something too.

I'll let you know if I'm heading that way I'm still trying to put some Sk8 related things together. Cab is awesome. I guess you seen that small riot whe he tossed his prototype in exitment after his run on the half during the Vert.

What about Rodney's perfect score in the Frrestyle. The Slalom was rum at UBC.

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:44 pm

On 2002-12-11 19:16, Claude Regnier wrote:
Well Neil all we can do is try. The kids are probably kicking up a fuss because the politicians want to provide something shitty.
Naw, actually the fuss is over location. The politicians want to put the park in a fairly rough area of town as part of a commitment to sprucing up the area. As skaters already get hassled by gangs there they feel it's not viable. So now the skaters' committee has told the council they're not going to be involved and will do something themselves. It's all a big mess. As far as construction and contents go it should be OK as long as the two groups start talking again, but if the city goes it alone they're threatening to do a phone poll to determine what goes in there. So I'm thinking, great, 100 randomly phoned kids all say "uh, dude, I want a box and a rail".
I know the committee had retained a good consultant (the guy that built the Kelowna park among others) and that they were planning a vert bowl as part of it, so I'm hoping they pull their collective head out of their ass.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:56 pm

Thanks neil, the skaters have a point. What the politicians have to understand is that it should be treated like a real sport.

Would they put soccer field, baseball diamomd or tennis courts there? They have to stop hidding skate parks in corners.

It's been a tough deal tryingto get municipalities to understand but get the skaters to show them. Most of the regulars that go to skate just wnat to skate.

It's the guys that don't generally skate that cause the probelms at parks.

Good Luck

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:07 pm

On 2002-12-12 12:56, Claude Regnier wrote:

Would they put soccer field, baseball diamomd or tennis courts there? They have to stop hidding skate parks in corners.
Actually they've got tennis courts there and a public swimming pool. So I'm kind of on the council's side on this one. It's not a really marginal area, it's just on the edges. It shouldn't really be a problem during daylight hours.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:54 pm

Then they've done everything right so far. It's the skaters that have the problem.

Having designed several parks, I found out that you can't please everyone. Just like the FCR series. Regardless of what Jack, john and Don did and went thru, peolpe bitched and complained.

That's life.

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:41 am

I was watching a baseball documentary the other night. The particular segment was centred on Willie Mays. So he goes into a neighbourhood in New York to play stickball with the kids there. They are playing on a wide avenue in New York, IN TRAFFIC.

Remember? CAR! GAME ON! No reason slalom should be any different. I think we should be working on neighbourhoods to give the streets back to the kids and adults who live along them. Who the hell said that streets were for cars only? How many moments a day are most residential streets travelled by cars? What about the rest of the day? Why do we want to waste perfectly good tax money on empty space we're not allowed to use, then even more on parks we ARE allowed to use? Everything we need is already there, and I can not see any good reason why we shouldn't be able to use it as we please.

Did you read that Washington newspaper report (somebody brought it up about a year ago at ncdsa) about hockey being banned from the street? Who are these tight asses anyway? If people aren't ruining private property (shooting in from some guys' ten thousand dollar lawn/ leaving garbage and wheel tracks all over people's kentucky bluegrass boulevards, what damage is there to riding a plank in front of somebody's house? That they have to look at you? Like those people who complain about music being too loud if they can hear it at all?

While UBC may have some hills, SFU is obviously better (in every way, possibly). Not to mention the hills of Coquitlam, Port Moody, New West (!), and North and West Vancouver. I'm not saying I think we should be setting up cones in heavily trafficed areas, but what is the problem in less busy areas? We, as older more "respectable" citizens (I'm 39), have to fight against the ridiculous infringement on our basic rights to use the environment we live in in a healthy way, and go up against those who would take that right away (they're probably people you went to high school with, with some ancient axe to grind).

This should not be only for us, but for street guys as well, who've had they're best places robbed from them because some suits want to eat their lunches there, and some rent a cops (as well as the real variety) have nowhere else to flex their power hungry muscles. What better thing to do, by the way, than watching those guys perform while you eat your lunch, anyway?

I missed the slalom in Vancouver in '86 because I was driving the frigging monorail for the evil empire of the socreds at the time. I did hear at some point that some downhil, GS and slalom races were held on Burnaby mountain around that time ('85? '83? can't remember), but it was another Pepsi thing and I'd had some problems with that whole incestuous scene in the late seventies and didn't trust the races were going to be run fairly.

Anyway, for what it's worth, that's what I think we should be doing. No reason why slalom can't exist on wicked hills in residential areas the way hockey always has on the flats.

End rant here.
Scott

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:45 am

That should read "..._their_ best places robbed from them..."

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:57 pm

Well some of the local neibourhoods here have enen gone through some of the "hockey on the street battles" an it sucks.

That, however is society nowadys. As far as the "Pepsi" thing in the Van arera in the 70's. I'm assuming these are the same people that ran Expo and everything else I got to compete in through the 80's.

I don't know what happened to give you the impression of mistrust but having competed as a mewcomer in '81 for the 1rst time and several future events (even worked on every other) I never seen anythung like that go on.

It does happen however I have seen it at other comps and it hapens in everything walk of life. Some people have to make sure thay and their own look good. I hope this makes sence.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:24 am

Happy New Year everyone and may you all be able to get something going in your are or at the very least get out to some of the races.

Maybe we can meet at some event someday.

All the Best :smile:

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:58 pm

Happy New Year to you, too.

I suppose it wasn't the unfairness I was suspecting, but that in-crowd, some racers can go here /sit here, others stay over there, star-bellied sneetches only feeling that I got from them that bugged me. Guys like Rick Ducommun were always more open and anti clique/club and seemed to care about opening things up for all--PD is still open and lasted the test of time because of that attitude, I think. Forunately some of the others have gone.

I'm glad you enjoyed the racing in BC--I wish I'd been doing it as well, and had met you and the others that could've offered the valuable experience and learning that comes from doing things together. Here's to 2003, and steps toward that end...

Scott

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:07 am

It's too bad you didn't enjoy the events and I am also very sorry we never had a chance to meet up.

Someday soon.

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:38 pm

On 2003-01-04 11:58, Scott Yano wrote:
Guys like Rick Ducommun were always more open and anti clique/club
Where is Rick keeping his big ol' self these days? He still got an acting/comic career going? He got his start with skateboard stuff here in Saskatchewan with Great North Country skateboards before moving to Vancouver and the whole PD/Skull thing.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:46 am

I'm not sure Neil, I'll ask around and check it out for you. I never met him but seen Rick in Vancouver in 81.

By the way, how much of the Expo contest did you see?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2003-01-08 00:59 ]</font>

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:20 pm

I saw most of the freestyle and halfpipe stuff, including some of the practices and the finals. Wasn't even aware of the slalom event.

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:15 am

I've spaced it right now, but I saw Rick Ducommun in something (movie or TV) the other day. Actually, that's what made me bring up his name.

In the seventies, there was a competition at the Pacific Colosseum. I remember Howell there spinning 360s, WWW there with some bigass boards and eight wheelers, and seeing the GNC guys visiting for the first time. Corey Campbell was ripping up the halfpipe with some other East Van guys all day (organizers kept trying to chase them off).

Slalom was a drag. Slick floor, and a flat course from a ramp. I didn't bother entering for that reason (and after having read John Hutson's comments on the same was glad I wasn't alone in my dislike for those courses). I was a kid and just hoping somebody would throw a race on a big hill with courses that we liked to set up (or a freestyle competition that was held on a hill with some speed and style--was never much into tricks).
Scott

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:39 am

Hey Scott, was that the 79 contest where Kevin Harris set was setting the 2 board spin record?

I just got an e-mail from one of the organisers they are looking for some info to try and get it recognized by Guiness World records.

On another note as of a few minutes ago there were 4 Canucks entered at the gathering in May of this year. It should be fun. I just hope things start to fall into place so i can make it.

I also forwarded Neil an e-mail address he may be able to make contact with Rick.

I hope you and your Roe are having a good relationship.

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:00 pm

I was at the 79 contest (if that was nationals). Took 7th or something in the slalom. Had one look at Harris and a couple of the other guys and didn't bother entering the freestyle. In Saskatchewan we didn't have a sniff compared to those guys. I just watched and was amazed.

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:13 pm

That may have been it. I remember two board spinning, but not who or Why? ha, ha. Those things underwhelmed me because I was into speed and a lot more style than trickery. I do remember the name Kevin Harris, but haven't recognized any of the pictures I've seen of him.

My Roe and I are getting along fine; and the turner cones I just got are, as well as providing my kids with endless possibilities for amusement, also a welcome addition to the streets of Hiroshima. I have found, though, that orange cones are much better in low light (dusk) and may help in after work late fall/winter/early spring riding in Vancouver (sorry to you guys who probably won't get much winter riding in...har, har).

Won't be able to do the gathering this year (it'll be right in the middle of my move back), but my wife wants to go to Vegas for her birthday in August, so If I can get into enough shape where I feel I won't make an idiot out of myself, there is the possibility I might make it to something down there. At least to see some of the action and take some photos would be great (skateboarding got me into photography a long time ago).

Good luck down there--I'm always rooting for all of you. Too bad about the Senators, Claude...

Scott
ps. Go Canucks! (um, that's Bertuzzi and the boys, too, eh...)

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:10 am

So your coming back soon scott. Let ma know there is a chance i may go to Vancouver in July to do a sk8 camp with one of my shop team riders.

Shnitzel's race is also in July so I may try to take in the downhill as well. I don't think I'll compete in it unless i get leathers, Ouch. I seen the vids of the course. Looks like a lot of fun.

I wonder of he could add a little Slalom into the contest that weekend it would be fun.

Dan Dem Sens had to go and have a bad game. Then they got upset and made their next opponents look like pylons to take over fisrt again, EH!

Pieere any more news on a Montreal Contest? Is it ant warmer there? We've been averaging -15 this week, that's celcius for our American buddies.

Any other Canucks lingering around go ahead and register, so we can get things going, EH!

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:35 am

A slalom jam is in the works for the day before the Top Challenge, wich is a downhill race in downtown Montréal, down Camilien-Houde street. The dates should be august 9-10, 9 for the slalom, the location could be the big O, but no confirmation yet. I'll keep you posted, and i will need some help/ideas to setup the courses...

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:10 am

No problem Pierre, I'll go down ahead of time to look at it and talk about what you want to run.

We'll set it all up, it'll be a blast. heck if I find a set-up I may even enter the Downhill.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:17 pm

Hey Claude, i didn't know you were into speedboarding, i'll let you have one of my boards to race, a 42" KebbeK smoothcut would do it. For the slalom, i have to get an ok from the RIO to use the Olympic stadium hill, we'll keep in touch...

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:39 am

Hey Pierre, I haven't done any yet. I figure I may be able to get some a bit of practice in by the time your comp comes up.

We'll see.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:14 am

I am presently working on a proposal to expand my curent learn to Sk8 porgram. It will ru approximately five weeks at one of the local parks.

This year I plan on introducing Slalom, freestyle, lonboarding along with the street and ramp programs. I will also advertise for for Adults aw well. Last year I was approached by several parents about classes.

If any of you want to try to run some Slalom events, classes, comps, let me know I can try to make it out there.

Dan Jackson

Post by Dan Jackson » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:36 am

Right on!
I just found this forum tonight.
I'm in Vancouver and the weather has been great for riding most of the winter. We have scoped out several good racing locations in West Van behind gates, so no traffic. (Cypress road, first switchback, pass gate and up to the substation. This was paved fresh a couple of years ago and in good shape.)
Also the west side of the British Properties has lots of new potential.
I ran into Rob Leshgold (Former Ripping Squad) yesterday and I told him we would be racing this year. He said he still has his Hester G&S that he can dust off!
Pete Rose and I just bought the new Skull carbon decks and are primed. Pete may be able to get Niko off the island for a rip too.
Heard Cory Campbell was getting back into it as well. (Campbell sold me my G&S Hester back in 78 when he worked at Nippon Cycles)
I an keen to do some organising this year so feel free to contact me to get it going.

Cheers

Dan J

Neil Gendzwill

Post by Neil Gendzwill » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:28 pm

Wow, Niko and Rob are still skating? They wouldn't know me at all but I certainly remember them, especially Niko.

Good luck getting it going out there!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:07 pm

Nice to hear from you Dan. There is still a slim possibility I may be going to Vancouver in July to work in a sk8 camp.

Recent events locally have put that into a question mark. Something in August may be makeable for me.

I also have a few former team members in the area who may apt to join in. I will find some contact inforamtion for some people and forward it to you.

Take Care, Wow our numbers grew again!!!!!!!
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Dan Jackson

Post by Dan Jackson » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:46 am

I don't know how much skating Rob's been doing,
but his eyes lit up when I started talking about the old races that went off on Chartwell Drive and Eyremont in the British Properties back in the 70's.
Rob MacKay or Ian Fairweather raced back then too.

Don 'The Mad Carver' Hartley is still ripping it up. The new Hastings St. park see's a lot of old schoolers in action as well. Nice pools and coping there.

Last I heard, Niko was the head patroller at Mt. Washington on the island so he's probably in shape and winter's all but over in Vancouver.

I look forward to meeting you guys this year
sometime.

DanJ

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:15 am

Hi,
Wow, I don't look in for awhile and look what happens.

Claude: yeah, I'll be back over there in mid April. I hope you make it out for a camp. I could use some coaching. By then I should have regained my composure at speed on big hills. Let me know if you're coming (also if you're going to make it out for the downhill race in the mountains--I'd like to make it up there for that, too, and have relatives and places to stay in the Kootenays to boot), I'd like to watch it go down, too: that video of the course last year looked pretty wicked.

The "Mad Carver"? Did I write that before somewhere, or was I just thinking about him.I have a great slide of him on the bricks at Skateboard Palace riding over a sign that says "wet cement: stay off the bricks" or something like that. I've never met him but saw him ride a lot. I also have a decent toe tap shot of Niko Weis (wasn't he the only Canadian in "Who's Hot"? riding that Nelson park ramp) in the smaller bowl, and Corey Campbell going off the bricks into a bunch of guys watching.

Anyway, Dan, good to know you're there. I've got eighty-six cones and I'm not scared to use 'em....

Back to work, be back soon,
Scott

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:58 am

Hey Scott1

Good to hear it. I've forwarded some onfo to Dan so by the time you get back to Vancouver he should have some stuff already and waiting for you.

Have a safe trip home.

C-YA

Dan Jackson

Post by Dan Jackson » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:03 am

Hey Scott

If you read this message, drop me a line
when you get to Vancouver or before.
Are you going to be staying in Van this summer?

It would be nice to use some real cones for a change!

Dan J
dan@unionarts.com
T: 604-251-1749

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:45 pm

Dan,
Yeah, I'm coming back for good. I'll be back May 5th, and the cones'll probably follow with the rest of the furniture and stuff. I might bring 'em with me if I have enough space in our luggage (kind of doubtful). Anyway, they'll be there by the middle of May regardless (they'd better be, anyways). I will drop you a line as soon as I get my s%#t together here...

(otherwise I've got a set of yoghurt containers I've been using for twenty years that work OK 'til then)

Looking forward to meeting you, and hoping I don't kill myself in the process...

Scott

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott Yano on 2003-03-23 09:48 ]</font>

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:29 pm

Hey Claude, slalom season has started in Montréal!
Tell me if you can come and ride, i'm freelancing these days so i can ride during week days.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:31 pm

Hi Pierre! Yeah we finally got some nice weather,EH! Wouldn't you know it, I catch a chest cold.

I'm waiting to see if i have to build a halfpipe in the next few days. I hope so it may provide me with the funds to get to G3.

It looks like maybe a couple of trips in May before my classes start in June and July.

What are your travelling plans for G3. Rob from Toronto and I have been chatting on the subject.

Anybody getting any time out to get some new bodies on board.

Many Happy Pumps

C-YA, soon.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:51 am

Claude, i don't really have travelling plans, i was counting on JimZ to drive there with me but he's going to a speedboard race in BC instead. So i'm considering taking my car but it needs repairs first. Do you have an available seat in your ride? I could contribute to your gas fund... Where are you staying?

Later, Pierre

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:37 pm

Pierre, did you receive my e-mail?

Scott Yano

Post by Scott Yano » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:25 am

Hi,
My arrival is still May 5th, but my belongings will be more likely about the first week in June. Unless I stuff the cones into my bags (still possible if I can catch my family looking the other way). I'm bringing the boards with me.

I might try to make it up to Pender Harbour to see the downhill. My longboard will be in the container on its way that day, though, so I think I'll just spectate for the day.

Dan, and anyone else in Vancouver, I'm looking forward to getting something started this summer with you.

Go Canucks!
Scott

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:11 am

In case any of you are also interested in speedboarding, here's the website for the Montreal Top Challenge race:
http://www.topchallenge.ca

It will be a great race in dowtown Montreal, down the Mont-Royal with 7000.00$ in cash prizes.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:39 am

Nice Work on the site Pierre. Between you and Shnitzel, I am considering giving it a shot soon.EH!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2003-04-21 23:42 ]</font>