[2008] Antrim CAN/AM Slalom Championships Sept. 19-21

Slalom Skateboarding in Canada

Moderator: Claude Regnier

Brian Beihl

[2008] Antrim CAN/AM Slalom Championships Sept. 19-21

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 pm

You're invited to the 2008 Antrim CAN/AM Slalom Championships in September!

Most of the discussion of the race has been in the New England channel, so we wanted to extend the invitation to Canadian racers for those who may have missed it. As you've probably heard, the Antrim race has become a favorite because of the way the town has welcomed the racers, and because of the festival atmosphere.

Race Renamed for 2008
We've renamed the Old Gold Jug race to better identify the race with how it has evolved, a true North American championship with racers from throughout the US and Canada! Although our main race will continue to be known as the race for the Old Gold Jug, the weekend event will now be known as the Antrim Can/Am Slalom Chionships.

Sanctioning and Additional Races
In our efforts to have the race santioned as an ISSA "Main" event in North America, The Race for the Old Gold Jug has added a third race, and now includes a 100 cone tight slalom on Friday afternoon. Plus, we are organizing an exhibition to try and break the Guinness Book of World Records mark for a 50 cone straight on a flat surface on Friday night.

Part of Antrim's Home & Harvest Festival -- Fun for the Family!
The race is part of a community festival called the Antrim Home & Harvest Festival, a weekend of games, entertainment (pictures), public suppers, a BBQ at the farm where the corn was harvested, live music and much more. We have many activities for your families beyond one of the coolest hills you'll ever race on.

Tentative Race Schedule
Following last year's model, we have four races on our hill on Summer Street and a our new event on the adjacent Jameson Ave. in downtown Antrim. Summer Street is a closed course for two and a half days, and Jameson Ave. on just Friday night.

o Dual Tight Slalom – 100-cone race -- Friday. Practice begins Friday afternoon at 4 p.m.
Exhibition Tight Slalom – Friday night -- 50-cone straight race on flat course to attempt Guinness World record. Event time TBD.
o Dual Hybrid Slalom – MAIN EVENT -- Saturday. 2 qualification runs for A & B classes, beginning at 8 a.m. for practice.
Saturday 9 a.m. qualification, racing begins at 10 a.m.
o Giant Slalom – Sunday – 2 qualification runs for A & B classes, beginning at 8 a.m. for practice.
o Amateur Race: Saturday, 4 p.m. 25 cone single hybrid

See the official web site for more information about the Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships and the Antrim Home & Harvest Festival:
http://www.antrimcc.com/skateboard/

See chat about the race on the ISSA Forum:
http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=5875

Register for the race or to see which Canadian racers are registered:
http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... 351#signup

Easy to Get to!
Antrim is a five hour drive from Montreal. Head to Burlington, VT, then shoot down I-89. Manchester, NH & Boston, MA are the primary airports.

Bring Your Canada flag!
All racers are invited to bring the flag of their country to carry in the Home & Harvest Festival parade.

See you in September!

Brian Beihl, Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Antrim Home & Harvest Festival
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Chris Iversen
Chris I
Chris I

Post by Chris Iversen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Yeah! Looks rad! I'm going to try my best to make this one! I can only afford to fly to one event this year, so I'm hoping this is the one! Air Canada Calgary to Boston $440 plus taxes!
Live to skate, SKATE OR DIE!!!