Luca Giammarco's "Double Deck 105" trucks

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Glenn S

Luca Giammarco's "Double Deck 105" trucks

Post by Glenn S » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:16 am

Luca Giammarco's deck is setup with trucks that he told me were made in Italy. (Or did he mean "bought" in Italy. John Gilmore posted on the site here that he thought Double Deck trucks were made in Norway) JG's post here

He used this one deck only with these trucks to place 2nd in the Slalom-Cross, 4th in the Slalom event, and 1st in the Tight Slalom at the 2003 FCR World Championships.

The baseplates look to be the same on both trucks but the front and rear hangers appear to be a bit different from each other.

The rear one said on the top (if I remember correctly) "Double Deck 105". And the front hanger appeared to have a bit smaller pivot going into the baseplate, and did not say anything on the top of the hanger.

If the "105" is in reference to hanger width I'd say that the trucks were cut down because they did not appear to be a 105mm hanger width. Probably less than 100mm is my guess.

Last edited by Glenn S on Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:39 am

...thanks for the pictures Glenn and Luca. The only thing special I see here is raw talent. Thank you for coming to California, U.S.A and teaching "us" a thing or two about skateboard slalom.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:13 am

Actually Adam those trucks were specially designed by Peter Verdone for optimum grip, speed ,and smoothness. He purposly made them look the way they do to lull competitors into a false sense of security. Retail price, about 1200.00 bucks. TK