Site with detailed info about trucks?

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Barry Gourley

Site with detailed info about trucks?

Post by Barry Gourley » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:05 am

Is there a site with info like truck axle length, height and things like that??
Thanks,
Barry

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:07 am

Barry,
I don't think that many of the truck maker’s sites will give you much more than the actual hanger width in millimeters.

Makers like Tracker Trucks will give you the hanger width only, not the height of the axle or axle length.

Independent Trucks uses a system that where the number they use to describe the truck is most often NOT the actual hanger width. The new Indy 109 is actually 101mm if I'm not mistaken. And I cannot find anywhere on their website that show all the different styles and widths of trucks they make.

Randal Trucks shows most all the different trucks that they make. But for their longboard truck the R-II they show only the 180mm width. They also make a 150mm width in this style that is popular with longboards , which I've seen a couple of slalomers use for Giant Slalom.

And Seismic Trucks has a very detailed website with all the info you could want and more.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:41 pm

The Useless, Yet Useful, Skate Data Page (useless until you need it!)

http://www.geocities.com/sk8sanjose/data.html

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:10 pm

Rick,
Great. I've not seen that page ever.
I also remembered another page by PVD that had some info on trucks:
http://www.peterverdone.com/groundeffectold.htm

What I'd like to know is on the sk8sanjose page they say an Indy has a 45 degree steering angle and it looks like PVD is calling it 40. Or maybe they are talking about something slightly different. And I asked the question once for RTX and remember being told 40 for it.