incremental preload adjustment [Revision 10/20/2002]

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:36 pm

FW from a group distribution e-mail from Peter Verdone.

--------------------

The quest for the perfect truck continues...

*** I have enclosed a rendering of the final part for my truck. The incremental preload adjustment plate. many people have been saying that this is the last real improvement to make this a perfect truck.

*** Super quality bushings are on the way. things fell apart at the last minute getting trucks to worlds and the new bushings could not be sent. the new ones will have more choice in hardness and more spring rebound.

*** because the Turner Avolon wheel has become "THE" wheel to ride. i have made axles to match. 1" of smooth axle, plus 1/2" of thread. also in addition to the +0" and +1", i have added +1/2". this should round out the axle issues.

*** TK and John did a buch of testing on different angles and found that the extremes are good places to be. now available 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 degree plates for 2" truck heights.

Most important to most: I have decided to drop my price to $200.00 per complete truck. This is difficult for me to do, but if i can get these all sold I can start work on GERT Rev.3, a Skatepark Truck, and DH for next spring.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:21 pm

I lost one of the preload screws in my R2's. Anyone have an extra I can grub?

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:40 pm

Noah, I found them the other day at home depot. Exact same ones. Pete prolly got them there too. T