Rear Split Angle

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Rear Split Angle

Post by Adam Daniels » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:40 pm

what is everyone's riding impressions when they run split-fires front and rear? is a dh baseplate in the rear too slow or is it perfect? i just want to know because in the near future i am setting my board up with 90mm splits.

thanks in advance for all your help
No vestido para mi

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:31 pm

DS-100 on Randall DH 35 degree rear for GS

LOVE IT

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:35 pm

what's the difference between a ds and a do?

i just got a DO 90mm hanger in the mail. any suggestions on how to set these babies up?

and where can i get 5mm spacers?
No vestido para mi

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:09 pm

The "DS" stands for "Dragon Slayer", presumably because the inventor's uncle was named George and liked to ride horseback carrying a spear.

I haven't seen the "DO" model. I suspect yours is actually a "DS" as well, since, I believe, that's the only SplitFire truck available right now.

My truck is actually the DS-107, not a DS-100 as I wrote before. I used it in front for a while on an RII-50 base (with a 7 degree + wedge), which was good, then on an RL-60 base (flat) which was also good. Now I am using it on the back with an RDH-35 (flat) and it ROCKS.

It's not a dead rear truck, to my feeling. It has some turniness, even at 35 degrees, but grips like crazy. Small control slides & recoveries are easy, easy, easy. I't seems I've finally found a rear truck I like as much as my Airflow.

I don't have the narrower DS and haven't used the one I have for tight. My Chicken Indy offset still rules the roost there.

(Keep in mind that I'm just some low-level skater shooting his mouth ... er ... fingers off.)

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:42 pm

i'm sorry to saw this but it clearly says "D0" or "DO" on the hanger.

maybe i'm the only one who thinks it ride kinda dead. what bushings did you use in it? i'm going to try a little more and i might have a friend coming over so i can try an r2 base on it
No vestido para mi

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:20 pm

Interesting ... are those punched letters? Mine doesn't have any letters at all. In any case, it is likely that it's the same hanger, except for width.

For the rear, my most successful bushing combo is a fat JimZ lower bushing and a trimmed blue Stim on top. When I had it on the front I liked a trimmed yellow Stim on the bottom and a white Khiro on top.

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:29 pm

they are indeed punched letters.

the truck seems to liven up if you give it a few wedges

but i still want to try an r2
No vestido para mi