Fury as a front slalom truck

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Gary Saenz

Fury as a front slalom truck

Post by Gary Saenz » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:04 pm

I put a set of Fury 850s on a couple of my longer decks and really liked how they turned. Started thinking about my slalom rigs and if it would work as a front truck. Sent several PMs to Brianatferalarts about turning down a hanger to 100mm so I could test it out. Sent him the hangers, met up with him at the Down Here Slalom Retreat in Winston-Salem and put them on the front of my Pavel.

All I gotta say is wow! Brian did a great job of turning them down. Next he's going to work on getting 8mm axles fitted to them. This truck is a great alternative to running a Tracker Rtx up front. I wedged it 10 degrees and it was turning better than my Rtx wedged 15 degrees. I had a lot of people try out my deck at the jam and everybody came back saying it was a great turning truck.

Brian is going to do a couple more tweeks to it and if it works out will be selling them to the slalom addicts out there soon. Below are some pics of what he created.

Here's the faced hanger end

Here's the hanger

Here it is from several angles

Paul Howard

Fury Front Truck

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:56 am

Hmmm, I've been eyeballing some" techno/flipper" trucks and tweeking them for a front truck recently. Good to know. -Paul
I just dig slalom!