Has anyone tried ace trucks for slalom?

Jason Bortolussi

Post by Jason Bortolussi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:02 pm

There are a couple of us using them for slalom in Austin
they are pretty much an exact copy of indy stage3
very turny yet stable at speeds of 20-25+ mph
And for around 30-32 dollars a pair you cant go wrong

Here is a review on them I am sure everyone has seen already
. SKATEDAILY.net - Skateboarding News Daily - Review.

I use the 101s for HS
and the 129s for GS

Doug Kadzban

Post by Doug Kadzban » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 am

is it true ace trucks are made in china?

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Doug Kadzban wrote:is it true ace trucks are made in china?
sadly yes they are.....however after comparing the fit and finish of several Ace Trucks to Trackers, Indys, Tensors, GrindKings Fury's and Krux I am very impressed with the foundry these are poured at. Every hanger I saw has an actual Bearing Seat and while I will probably still clean up the set of 55's that I bought for my Park/pool board with my counter bore I've never seen anything except a precision truck that looked as good stock. Overall finish of a Raw truck was on par with Tracker and GrindKing and well above Indy (mind you I love indy's, have the cross tattoo, and have skated them for +20) and the rest. The painted trucks looked as good as the flavor of the month offerings from Tensor, Fury, et al. In short these look like a quality truck and I don't so much mind sending money to China when it's for something as well built as these.
turns are fun....

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:03 am

I am assuming these come in "new school" bolt pattern only?
How are the kingpins set for swapping? Is it a JBWeld sort of job like with newer Indys?

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:57 pm

drilled for new but enough room for oldschool and that's easy enough to do. I think I remember the baseplates being like Stage 7 and before's (my 55's are in the mail) I plan on putting GrindKing kingpins on them anyway so I'll either order them with or without inserts
turns are fun....

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I went and looked at some today. My local shop actually had the 00. I was amazed. They did look nice and a great size. The bolt holes were a bit sloppy on the 00 set I looked at but the others looked okay. Didn't look like you had room for error on drilling "old school" bolt patterns on those base plates. They had the round kingpins. So it is a JBWeld switch out on the kingpin. Still it's nice to see another company making trucks in these smaller hanger sizes.