skateboard trucks?

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

afi saiful

skateboard trucks?

Post by afi saiful » Mon May 18, 2009 8:22 am

i move in Egypt, where longboard does not exist n uncommon...
so buying LB stuff is hard, I also cannot order online because i don't have any credit card n my dad wont trust this kind of online ordering....
i have a skateboard that i dont use anymore because there is no place to skate here...

but they got slope here, that's why i want to try slalom but i dont have any good slalom setup

so i was wondering is it possible to use skateboard truck (with soft bushing n set it really loosely) to slalom?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue May 19, 2009 7:21 pm

I'd say you can very well use a usual skateboard to do slalom, especially giant and loosely set hybrid courses. You need to be careful with wheelbites, so you probably need to add pads to increase the height of your trucks.

In slalom we always use wedged pads to increase the steering in the front and reduce it in the back. You can easily make such pads out of wood, or even put spacers in the thicker part. Try it out. Both for the front and the rear truck the thin part of the pad is in the front. Give it a try!

/Jani

afi saiful

Post by afi saiful » Sat May 23, 2009 2:35 pm

but i want to do TS is it possible?
is there any way that i can modify my truck hangar width from 5 inch to 4 inch or less