Veteran's Day Saturday Lansdowne Session,noon til?

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Veteran's Day Saturday Lansdowne Session,noon til?

Post by John Dillon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:15 am

Come chase away the clouds and ride Lansdowne....ride your park board, your slalom board or your longboard over the caulked cracks and have some fun.......for directions or weather report call me on my cell#4436108488. Peace!

John Dillon

Fun time today & 70+ degree heat!

Post by John Dillon » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:53 am

I started off my day at Bowie Skate Park at 7am....the deep end of the big bowl was wet w/condensation as was the far side of the street course....I skated the dry end and shallow part of the pool for a couple hours, then I left and I found a unicycle at a yard sale & I bought that for $5! I proceeded north and after breakfast at the Beltway Diner near Lansdowne I skated Lans til it closed. Lots of peeps showed up including lots of longboarders.One guy broke one of his Original trucks just carving around. 80s Maryland freestyle legend Tim Morris showed up as did Cabbage and we all had a blast skating together. Tim not only knocked out some old freestyle routines that encouraged the kids to try to learn some of the tricks but he also carved up the bowl on his longboard and park board. Cabbage had the kids all throwing down some boardslides and ollie tricks. We all rolled down the snakerun and bowl and checked out the new caulking job...thus far so good, but I'm still concerned about the longterm effect...will it last? Nontheless, for all those who ran cones in the past here you will be happy to find that those cracks and bumps that existed before are gone now for the most part so come on out to Lans and get your skate on the saturday after Turkey Day!