Please welcome Maria Carrasco

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:38 pm

Please join in and help me welcome Maria Carrasco as the Moderator of the Media Resources forum.

Ever since the availabilty of digitized movie files found online of slalom skateboarding, I have come to recognize Maria MORE than I have been able to recognize the racers. She is the one on the side lines getting herself in the movies while she is taking movies of racers and racing.

Immediately, I am able to recognize her when attending a race from seeing her in so many of these files. The reason she is found at the races is her enthusiasm and the fact that her husband is a racer.

Maria is a part of the industry and I personally welcome her as the Moderator of this forum and as a part of http://www.slalomskateboarder.com Thank you VERY much for helping us and the sport of slalom skateboarding along.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:14 am

Maria is AWESOME! There is just something special about the Carrasco family!!! They all are so friendly and helpful to other skaters. Maria, Richy, Rene, Bobby

At every race that I've been too Maria is non-stop with some sort of camera in her hand.

The very first time I met Maria I was taking picture of a WLAC event. Maria notice that I had a digital camera that she had experience with. She approached me and told me many great tips on how best to use it. Thanks Maria.

Welcome aboard Maria!
Glenn

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:14 pm

I also think Maria is a wonderful person and that she is a good choice for moderator of this Forum as she has no direct industry ties- her focus like her husbands is for the betterment of the sport.

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:26 pm

You guys are too kind -- Thanks for the warm welcome. :wink:

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:34 pm

I just want everyone to know that Maria did an incredible job as the Media Relations person for FCR in 2002. She's the reason slalom racing made it into so many nedia outlets.

Thanks Maria!