Slalom Streaming on Broadband Theatre

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:31 am

Here's a shout out to everybody -- some of my video segments are up for viewing at the Pure Guts new Broadband Theatre . . . Catalina Classic 2002 (for the Concrete Wave), Hamm Slam Outlaw Race (when OJ's ruled the road) and some brown guy who can't stop spinning. Check it out at: PureGuts.com

PS -- Coming soon to video/DVD -- WLAC 1999 to 2002 and Deathrace 2003

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:23 pm

A couple of people have had trouble getting to the Pureguts web site -- if you're one of them -- try:

http://pureguts.com/streams.htm

-- This url takes you directly to the Broadband Theatre

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:28 pm

Maria-

When I go to the site and click any of the links for the videos, WMP loads but I get an error message saying "Access denied." Any one else have this problem?

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:59 pm

"Problem reports" are trickling in. I'm still able to access no problem (I have DSL through AOL) but depending on your individual settings on your system . . . may be issues that require tweaking.

There is technical support available that may help on the site of the "brains" behind the Pureguts theatre at:

Bulletstream

Also direct to Microsoft WMP FAQ's at: Microsoft FAQS

Sorry guys -- this is a relatively new launch which admittedly works best with high speed connections and there may be some bugs to still work out too. Appreciate the feedback.

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:03 pm

More tips for viewing at the PureGuts Broadband Theatre -----

MAC users – Microsoft makes a Windows Media Player that should work with your operating system. Just scroll through this download site and choose the correct one. It’s free.

Download Free Player

In fact, for PC users – it’s a good idea to make sure you update to the latest version for optimal performance. Current version is 9.0. You can find it at the link above. Make sure you pick the version that is right for your operating system (ie Win 98, ME, XP, 2000).

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:17 am

Henry and anyone else having problems especially with the MAC -- check out Pierre's post on the "Slalom Skateboard Movies" forum for some troubleshooting advice. Thanks Pierre!