Slalom! [stickers - banners - patches]

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:46 pm

This is an official appeal to each one of you who may have the resources to help me organize a sticker - banner - patch for the site.

I have a logo, much like the one above ready for printing for a banner, vinyl with brass grommets for hanging at contests. They cost $100 USD each. Too much out of my budget at the moment to make happen.

I would really like to have a batch of high quality vinyl stickers made as well as patches.

My question to you.

#1. With all the love flowing for racers to go to foreign events, is it possible to get a little love to have some of the media mentioned above made?

I am not asking for money. I can give YOU the artwork and you can have this done for us. I want to get the stuff out there. I want a patch for my race shirt. I want a banner for the FCR or GRS races. I want a sticker for my board but damn it, I can't afford to even pay attention these days.

If any of you manufactures has a inside line on quality promotional media production (patch - sticker - banners) and can help, please post a reply and or e-mail me direct. I will send the art in the electronic form and we can get the product out there as inexpensive as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:56 pm

Adam -- Any feedback on this yet? I have sent out a couple of feelers to contacts I have to try to get the line on "low cost" alternatives -- especially for banners. If I get some good info -- I'll pass on.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:57 am

No Maria, no feedback. I am sort of surprised and at the same time, not so suprised.

I'de like to get a sticker like the logo above going, a banner for the FCR or any other race out there, a patch for my race wear but nary one single inquiry or offer of assistance outside of yourself and Jani.

It's sort of sad but then again, I am asking for help and that in itself is not good form.

Thanks again,

adam

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Fri May 16, 2003 7:55 pm

Adam -

Banners made from DuPont Tyvek are quite a bit cheaper than vinyl, lighter (can be stuffed in a poster tube), and extremely durable. Your biggest cost is setup, so I'll look into the cost of singles and multiples.

Almost all of the manufacturers here have stickers; perhaps they can advise you on this.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri May 16, 2003 9:00 pm

Pat Chewing donated the posters to http://www.slalomskateboarder.com They are some tough kind of plastic/paper I had mine laminated and it certainly is tough.

Howard Gordon gave me the details of having quality stickers made. It's going to be like $600 dollars for a minimum batch. Way out of my leage.

#1. I do not have enough income after my rent and bills are paid, my family has food, my boys are entertained and my own pursuits attended to donate any money to the site. It costs about $30 per month to maintain and I am already paying this plus my time into the site. This is my donation.

#2. The banners that Pat sent are great yet they need to be "fixed" because they are water soluable. Laminating is the key to these and again, laminating is expensive. For my 1' x 4' banner it was like $20 and that is the smallest banner that Pat sent.

#3. I think it is necessary to have EXCELLENT quality stickers or non at all. If they are going to represent the site, I want them to wear just as well as the buisness who support slalom's stickers. The cost for these are prohibitive for my own concern. I do have the file for the sticker making place if some kind soul wants to take on this project himself. I do think that the stickers could pay for themselves if they were distributed along with some manufacturing company to dealers or could be sold in batches here at the site to take care of cost.

They should not be sold for profit and like this site, I think it should be a community effort to make this happen.

I'm not able to finance this sticker project. I am able to keep things together here but for now, like we have grown in the past, the web site must be spread by word of mouth. This is probably best in the long run.

Thanks for looking into this.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri May 16, 2003 9:17 pm

I'd pay $30 for a bunch of stickers. How many that'll buy me?

Some of them will be donated to this site for further distibution, some will be distributed at comps. Some will be on my boards, helmets and shirts.

19 more partners and it's a deal.

Vlad.

Will J
Will J
Will J

Post by Will J » Fri May 16, 2003 9:19 pm

I work for a large format printing company in Jackson, MS.. It is SKATER OWNED and run, and we have VERY good prices on banners. For those of you at the Luna Slalom Jam in Jax, we did the Ricks Auto Source banner that was huge(3.5'x10', big red banner that started off at the bottom of the course, but ended up on the side). For full color banners we start at 6$ a square foot, and these banners hold up well for semi-outdoor use (great to bring and hang up at events), shouldn't have any problem with them getting wet if they don't stay soaked.. We have a fed-ex account, so shipping anywhere is cheap and easy. We can also do rush orders, as we don't mind workin nights or weekends for fellow skaters.

if you have any questions, i'll gladly answer them here(i try to get on daily as i'm a new racer and this has been a great source for knowledge for me), or you can email me at WJaudiovideo@hotmail.com

Will J
Will J
Will J

Post by Will J » Fri May 16, 2003 9:23 pm

oops, forgot to add this..

i do sales and design, and will do any design work for anyone on this site that uses our services for FREE, gladly(and i mean ANYONE on SS.com, any company or private customer)..

http://www.thebiggerpic.com <- our basic website...

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri May 16, 2003 10:02 pm

Ok Vlad, I can afford this, count me in as a partner. Since you are volunteering, send me your address and I will send off the banner and my $30 dollars.

Now we need 18 more partners and it's a deal.

adam

p.s. send your address in a private message please, I want to send you my partnership money today.
On 2003-05-16 15:17, Vlad Popov wrote:
I'd pay $30 for a bunch of stickers. How many that'll buy me?

Some of them will be donated to this site for further distibution, some will be distributed at comps. Some will be on my boards, helmets and shirts.

19 more partners and it's a deal.

Vlad.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri May 16, 2003 11:06 pm

put me down for $30

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Fri May 16, 2003 11:26 pm

Yep...Me too.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri May 16, 2003 11:37 pm

Vlad?

Tag, you are it.

I will get you the information from Howard Gordon on how to make the stickers a reality. I have the graphic file and will send it to you at the e-mail address that you want.

Looks like we need 15 more partners at this point, good show komrad.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sat May 17, 2003 12:27 am

Ok, lezzdoit!

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Sat May 17, 2003 6:09 am

Adam,

There is a guy in jersey that does band type stickers. He does certain shapes for about 20 bucks for 250 stickers, and larger quanities for cheeper. his web addy is http://www.thestickerguy.com

Also a friend of mine has a screen printing company that does shirts pretty cheep, I'll let you know on that when I get more info from him.

Brian

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue May 20, 2003 11:46 pm

Thanks but Vlad is now in charge, he can make the decisions on our stickers.

Vlad, I need your address to send the $ to you. Can you check out this offer?

Thanks.