Ferrari F1 + V. Rossi = happy Italians

Off Topic Subjects

Ferrari F1 + V. Rossi = happy Italians

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:19 pm

Vlad and geezer-x, you may be interested in this.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12031.html

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html ... 3439.shtml

These rumors have been around for sometime but they are getting more coverage in the media lately. With Rossi clinching his third straight title last weekend wht is left for him to do on two wheels? Italians WANT a italian grand prix champion....Scuderia Ferrari in 06 will look ALOT different than it does now...Rossi is 24.....

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:35 pm

I wish nothing bad happens to him. He spent all his life on a bike. “Two wheels are not four.” It’ll be amazing if he can do it; I think it’s impossible.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:44 pm

Yes...but foam/carbon fiber is not wood...and we both know how good wood is...

:-P

Rossi is a racer, he knows alot of the grand prix circuits, he has the knowledge of technique...but agree sliding the rear wheel into a corner on a bike isn't the same as in a F1 car.

If anyone can do it Rossi can.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:52 pm

He is a motorcycle racer. More like a motorcyclist who races then a racer who races on a bike. This is not 1964. It's impossible.

Rossi shouldn't go to F1! I'll e-mail him right away...Image

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:39 pm

Vlad Popov wrote: Rossi shouldn't go to F1! I'll e-mail him right away...Image
hahahahahahahahahahaha

I did read F1 is going to can Friday qualifying/practice next season. More time for 13 to come up and practice at my new spot.

Barry Gourley

knee draging

Post by Barry Gourley » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:11 am

theres nothen better then draging a knee on the track. I wonder if you could use a set of racing leathers and the helmet doing down hill? If you crasted you wouldnt get hurt.
Thanks,
Barry

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:51 pm

I heard a rumor that the final goal of this F1 project is to get him on a Ducati asap.

Eric Wallgren
Geezer-X
Geezer-X

Post by Eric Wallgren » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:15 pm

Just 'cause it worked for (Sir) John Surtees and for Mike (the bike) Hailwood doesn't mean it'll translate for Valen-tee-no. He would have done great in one-off world rally car drive if he hadn't balled the poor thing up right away. Seeing as how Rossi quit Honda at the end of last season and is riding for #3 (after HRC/Honda and Ducati Corse) Yamaha, he'll have his hands full trying to not be totally spanked by Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, and Max Biaggi, all on overdog Honda RC112Vs. Aslo remember taht Ducati Corse had podiums and wins last year, which was their first in MotoGP. And don't give me that "what about Randy mamolo on that bike in 91'" since that was a Cagiva, not a proper Ducati.

Ask the man who owns one....

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:31 pm

The rossi rumors have died down in the F1 world. Ferrari is set for next season and now looks like to 2006 at least. Some of the big names in F1 (Kimi and Alonso) are not as tied to their current teams as it once seemed. Ferrari will pay just about anything for one of those guys. Plus they have a partner ship with Sauber which is allowing their race drivers (massa and fisi) to test for ferarri next season...

It seems ferrari lost interest fast in Rossi, though these things have a way of suddenly popping up again when you least expect it.

Rossi has won/done everything he can on a bike. Why not move to a sub-par bike and see if he can win on that too. If he wins on the yamaha next season it should be special....

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:07 pm

In retrospect this Rossi-Ferrari story seems even more absurd.

This, on the other hand, seems very logical.
Chris Stepanek wrote:Rossi has won/done everything he can on a bike. Why not move to a sub-par bike and see if he can win on that too. If he wins on the yamaha next season it should be special....
If he wins on a Yamaha, what’s next - a bicycle? ;)

All this makes me want to get a cable again or ask someone to tape the races. I've been TV free for a long time. It feels as good as quitting smoking.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:18 pm

Rossi is going to be forced to make a bike out of wood....just to have the best. You know how it goes.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:28 pm

That would defeat the purpose of switching to a sub-par bike. Wood’s an instant advantage. Urethane wheels instead of rubber- that’d be a trip.

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:23 pm

If he wins on a Yamaha, what’s next - a bicycle?
Ducati will be next for rossi, the desire to be the Italian champ on an Italian bike must be overwhelming. and lets face it a salary drop in order to achieve that wouldn't exactly hurt his finances.

Apart from that I agree with everone else, this year he's going to have to work a little more. but isn't it the move we always wanted doohan to take when he was dominating?

will be a really interesting season. one of the UK journo's said something like 'it will be the biggest grid of riders all capable of winning races for years.' plus you've got win it or bin it xaus moving up, his balls out sketchiness is always good entertainment.

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:47 pm

interesting bit of pre-season testing hype in the UK bike press..

'Rossi rattles rivals in first Yamaha test'
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/racing/de ... 70&navID=3

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:28 pm

speaking of early season testing. In F1 right now all the new 04 cars (well other than the Minardi and Jordan which don't matter) are out...for the most part...some as the final 04 racer, some as hybrid 03/04 cars (Honda).

Anyway. Williams has a spiffy new nose, McLaren finally got a new car on the track (only took 2 years), Renault's new car is sculpture, the Sauber is now dubbed the "Sauberarri" and the new Ferrari launched yesterday. Which brings me to my point. It doesn't look revolutionary (like the williams or renault), it is an evolution of the F2003-GA from last season. People have alreadyw ritten it off in favor of the new fangled williams an mclaren....but never write ferrari engineering off. Plus Schumacher and Rubens and Todt and Brawn are all still there. Last year was a wake-up call for the scuderia/bridgestone. I think 04 will be another year in red.

Lots of hype in early season testing everywhere. So much so that Rossi's name is no longer mentioned in F1 gossip (for now).

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:30 pm

Do all MotoGP teams test in Asia? I don't follow it like I do F1 or the WRC (I like things ith 4 wheels)...but I didn't know they tested at all in asia. Is that because most of the manufactureres are japanese? Well other than the Italian one...hahaha.

Do the MotoGP guys ever test in the winter in Europe or do the F1 and Touring cars hog all the top circuits?

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:58 am

not too sure of the specific schedule/dates (can't find the official IRTA stuff anywhere) but they do also test in europe. i'm pretty sure jerez and catalunya are definitely there.

another good site is www.motogp.com theres a brief, but interesting, piece by randy mamola on rossi at sepang.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:51 pm

jerez and catalunya are two main F1 winter test tracks as well. it makes sense all various teams test in the same locations no matter what type of racing it is. I imagine not all race circuits are ready for prime time in the winter months.

Still testing at Sepang is hardcore....that is one mean circuit.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

"Ferrari World Champions" by Danny Day

Post by William Tway » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:02 pm

Thought you might appreciate this painting by a childhood friend of mine (Danny Day). It features all the Ferrari World Champions....Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Mike Hawthorn, Phil Hill, John Surtees, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter and Michael Schumacher.

There will probably be limited lithos made from this painting. If your are interested, let me know and I will contact him. Day is now painting the 4 GT40 Lemans Winners. Should be cool.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:39 am

tway you know the soft spot I have for Ferrari huh....

Wanna go to a day of the Ferrari days with me at Limerock in July?

e-mail me.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:26 pm

Hold the phone
Wait a minute.

Tway, you have a childhood friend named "D-Day?"

Does he look at all like Bruce McGill?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:33 pm

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20092

More gas on the Rossi to F1 fire...but this time linked to Toyota, not Ferarri....hmmm?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:08 pm

Oh, great...What's next, BMW? :D

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:Oh, great...What's next, BMW? :D
god I hope not....

the deal is that Rossi gets to drive the Toyota (which is a PIG this season) and the Toyota #1 driver gets to ride Rossi's Yamaha...there are some issues with Toyota and Yamaha corporate getting along to make it happen but it is all over the F1 press today saying Toyota has given a green light.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:28 pm

An Italian police department has acquired a Lamborghini Gallardo for traffic law enforcement. The report on CNN showed Italian kids purposefully taunting the cops so they'd get pulled and hauled into the station . . . in the passenger seat!

Best quote of the story was one of the policemen saying, "I enjoy explaining to Ferrari drivers how they could have avoided arrest if only they were driving a faster car!"

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:18 pm

Go Michael Schmacher GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:23 pm

Four straight Renault wins with Alonso leading in the points by a country mile?
Herr Schumacher has about as much chance this year as a Hun getting elected Pope.

Wait, that doesn't quite work anymore.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:51 pm

Now Wesley.. I just got home from raftin' in the snow (remember..Weekends are my livelyhood in spring summer and fall!! I see his Majesty Michael breathin' down the tranny o' dat' French made model!! I sit on the couch in my cold, wet attire (much to my wifes dismay) and shiver ...Yelling Go Michael GO!!!!!!!!!!!! The boy still's got it and Ferrari seems to have worked out some snags..Next time my boy..next time!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue May 03, 2005 5:12 pm

It's nice for a change and good for the sport. Right Chris?

PS. Poor Shoomi...

PPS. Finding out F1 results from the offtopic topic on a slalom site...

PPPS. Chaput is ok and well. He's been very busy, that's all.

PPPPS. I still can, but I don't enjoy.

PPPPPS. It's the end of the world. Gilmour's got a job.

Mattias Gustavsson
Mattias
Mattias

Post by Mattias Gustavsson » Mon May 09, 2005 7:13 pm

Where is the minardi cars these days?
i want to see them longer up on the grid!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Nothing "Grand" about this fiasco.

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:39 pm

U.S. Grand prix: Can you say "FUCKED UP" in two words or less?

Hey, Stepanek: DO NOT come in here and start bragging about Schumacher finally getting a win.

Man, I have NEVER seen anything like that before. All I can say is that if I spent a couple of thousand for a weekend in Indy and tickets to the race, I would be LIVID right now.

So, ok, enough of a rant. Who wants to lay odds on how long it takes Bridgestone to get an ad on TV about "who makes the RIGHT tire for any occassion?"

Re: Nothing "Grand" about this fiasco.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:13 am

Wesley Tucker wrote:U.S. Grand prix: Can you say "FUCKED UP" in two words or less?

Hey, Stepanek: DO NOT come in here and start bragging about Schumacher finally getting a win.

Man, I have NEVER seen anything like that before. All I can say is that if I spent a couple of thousand for a weekend in Indy and tickets to the race, I would be LIVID right now.

So, ok, enough of a rant. Who wants to lay odds on how long it takes Bridgestone to get an ad on TV about "who makes the RIGHT tire for any occassion?"
I'm not a schumi fan (well not hardcore, I respect him).... but Jarno Trulli and Kimi are my drivers...

I was (am) here in Indy. My wife and I spent 5 wonderful days here. I'm not miffed at anything. I saw what I saw and saw something historic happen. The tire issue has been going on for about 4 years and it finally blew up badly here in Indy. It was unfortunate but that is F1. Bridgestone has been getting spanked all seaosn due to the silly tire rules, it is ironic that they benefited so much today.

Politics are a large part of it...hey kinda like slalom now-a-days.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:21 pm

I'd like to comment with no comment.

Head. Nail. Hit. Chris.

!!!!:D!!!!

Jim Weatherwax
WAX

USGPBS

Post by Jim Weatherwax » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:25 am

I am one who had a great time friday and saturday, but sunday pissed me off royally...
all the Michelin teams (even the other 2 bridgestones) said lets give the ferraris the points, put a chicane in and just race in front of the fans.....John (the asshole blowing bernie) Todt wouldnt agree to that...they felt the need keep the michelin situation at the forefront and run knowing that all the michelin guys wouldnt run if there was no compromise for safety...had I been a michelin driver I would have stayed out, forced a ferrari into a wall safely to end their day, then parked my car with the safety concerns.I was on the scanners all morning...Flavio, P. Sauber and Stoddart all said before the last minute meeting that they would grid, then put the cars in the boxes and not risk lives....so I was expecting the worst.....and it happened, at least nobody dies, then and only then would F1 become popular with the nascrap fans...

It will be great watching all the michelin teams beat the whiny Maranello bitches the rest of the season..Kimi would have handed Michael his ass had they run on the same tires, and that will happen the rest of the year. I love F1, but I wont go to another race as long as Bernie and max are runnig the bs show..

Re: USGPBS

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Jim Weatherwax wrote:I am one who had a great time friday and saturday, but sunday pissed me off royally...
all the Michelin teams (even the other 2 bridgestones) said lets give the ferraris the points, put a chicane in and just race in front of the fans.....John (the asshole blowing bernie) Todt wouldnt agree to that...they felt the need keep the michelin situation at the forefront and run knowing that all the michelin guys wouldnt run if there was no compromise for safety...had I been a michelin driver I would have stayed out, forced a ferrari into a wall safely to end their day, then parked my car with the safety concerns.I was on the scanners all morning...Flavio, P. Sauber and Stoddart all said before the last minute meeting that they would grid, then put the cars in the boxes and not risk lives....so I was expecting the worst.....and it happened, at least nobody dies, then and only then would F1 become popular with the nascrap fans...

It will be great watching all the michelin teams beat the whiny Maranello bitches the rest of the season..Kimi would have handed Michael his ass had they run on the same tires, and that will happen the rest of the year. I love F1, but I wont go to another race as long as Bernie and max are runnig the bs show..
Ferrari isn't to blame there buddy.

You would "force" the Ferrari into the wall "safely"? Give me a break. First of all who made you god. Second of all how do you not find that insanely dangerous?

They had nothing to do with the issue, even many of the Michelin teams have said that they didn't. Why should Ferrari be punished for Michelin showing up unable to race? My wife and I were in Indy since Wednesday, we had a great time and will be back next year, no question.

If the Michelin teams raced tire issue free I agree Kimi would have spanked the field. Jarno and most likely Alonso would have completed the podium. The Michelin teams gave Ferrari the points because Ferrari doesn't factor into either title this year. Ferrari is mid pack at best this season, fighting for podiums but not wins.

Say they ran the cars through the pit or put a chincane on 13....how would that of been any different than what we did see? Ferrari would have walked away. Beyond that the Michlin tire problem wasn't just on turn 13, it could have happened anywhere. Imagine going into turn 1 under braking Kimi and Webber's cars blew their rear tires in the front end of the pack....imagine the carnage that would have resulted. Sadly in that case most of the meathead fans there would have been happy they saw a crash.

Speaking of meatheads I hope YOU weren't one of the people throwing stuff onto the track!

(BTW - I'd clean up the language in your post)

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:02 am

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:16 am

I refer my comments to the remarks I made some moments ago.

I'm a friggin' genius.

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:05 am

Chris, I'm glad you had a good time in Indy this weekend. I'm jealous. A six car F1 race is much more interesting then ROUSHCAR these days.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:58 pm

These are class action lawsuits, pathetic in my opinion, my wife and I am exploring options to remove our names from said lawsuit.

We renewed and upgraded out tickets last night too, just incase there is a USGP next year...if not we will go to Montreal or Monza!

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:31 pm

There was a tire war in NASCAR between Hoosier and Goodyear back in the late eighty’s. When Hoosier showed up at the racetrack with tires that were uncompetitive and or unsafe they would let their drivers run Goodyears. Michelin should have bit the bullet and done the same thing.

I take great offense to the statement that suggested that NASCAR fans would become F1 fans “when and only then someone dies.” I might be a godfearing, blue collared, beer bellied, redneck NASCAR fan but I’m also a hardcore F1 fan and no one had to die to turn me into one.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:05 pm

Jeff Boswell wrote:There was a tire war in NASCAR between Hoosier and Goodyear back in the late eighty’s. When Hoosier showed up at the racetrack with tires that were uncompetitive and or unsafe they would let their drivers run Goodyears. Michelin should have bit the bullet and done the same thing.

I take great offense to the statement that suggested that NASCAR fans would become F1 fans “when and only then someone dies.” I might be a godfearing, blue collared, beer bellied, redneck NASCAR fan but I’m also a hardcore F1 fan and no one had to die to turn me into one.

The tire thing in F1 has been brewing for about 4 years, it got worst for this season with Mosley's (forced upon) rule of no tire changes for the weekend. Unfortunately it came to a very ugly head at Indy and in the USA which has killed any life F1 had in the USA. For all intensive purposes Indy ended the tire war for good. Michelin is finished in F1 and by 2007 all teams will most likely be on Bridgestones (though I have read rumors that both Goodyear, again, and Pirelli are interested in entering F1)

Who is to blame? In this case Michelin. The rule is the rule, as dumb as it is and it has been this way ALL season. Michlin showed up to Indy with a product unable to race. They screwed up and the blame is on them for it. However in the bigger picture I blame the FIA and Max Mosley for his silly rules that no teams wanted (yet politicaly could not resist). This is the third major tire issue this season and it was the ugliest.

Someone getting killed... Well I heard alot of people at Indy complaining that the Michlin teams should have raced...if someone crashed at least they got something for their money. Happily I didn't hear anyone hoping someone got killed but I have no doubt if the Michelin teams raced, someone would have got badly hurt and or killed...no matter what option they ran the race under. if that would have happened most fans would have walked away "satisfied" they got their money's worth....sadly.

Seeing all sides there was NO OTHER option for the race to happen other than how it did. The chicane option punished Ferrari/Bridgestone (who showed up ready to race), the lower speed/run through the pit lane was dangerous (imagine a Michelin car doing 60mph on turn 13 and the Ferrari doing 200mph...not nice, esepcially with the 4 very inexperience/dangerous Jordon/Minardi drivers on track, who have been in the way as moving chicanes all season). Michelin teams running bridgestone tires... it would not and could not ever happen. F1 cars are so sensative to tires and setup that just ploping different tires on the car, even say the last race spec for the current race setup would not only limit the performance of the car so badly but it would also be almost as dangerous for the drivers as going out on the faulty Michelins. Beyond that Bridgestone didn't have enough tires to supply the Michelin teams. Bridgestone wouldn't have given the Michelin teams the needed tire data and such, nor allow them to run a full race on their product and take the learned data away with them to Michelin. Lastly the marketing isues, it would not of happened via business reasons for most teams.

By 2007 or 2008 F1 will be on a control slick racing tire. This plays into the FIA's hand for them to control the tires, limit testing, reduce cost and boot out one tire manufacturer which 5 years ago they begged to into the sportpost Goodyear blowing it....

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Who sells the most tires?

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:13 pm

Something funny but maybe a little off topic to this off topic thread. I found these links when looking for verification of Michelin's claim to be the world's largest tire maker. Three links, three different conclusions:

http://www.familybusinessmagazine.com/topglobal.html

(c) 2004:
"World's #2 tire maker (behind Goodyear)"

http://www.michelinman.com/difference/r ... 2005a.html:

"The world's largest tire maker, Michelin ..."

So which one is lying?

Then again ...
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/news/us_en/c_40107a.html (Jan 2004):

"Nashville-based Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc. (BSAH) is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company."

Pick you statistics and root for your favorite rubber!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:58 pm

Nothing is ever really over but I thought you might get a kick ot of this Vlad. One could make another metaphor from this to the world of slalom, but I'll leave that to you all.

F1 Not Appealing for Rossi

By Michele Lostia Thursday, 23 June 2005 11:25

MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has ruled out switching to Formula One in the future after claiming the sport is not appealing enough for him.

The Italian, linked with a move to Formula One since he tested a Ferrari at Fiorano, said he will "stick to motorbikes forever", claiming the driver does not make a significant difference.

"As far as I'm concerned, I hadn't seen a race on TV for a long time, but I did for the race in Canada, and I realize that the driver's task is to take the car to the finish," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I don't think there is enough satisfaction there for me.

"I won't take F1 in consideration for my future. There is the pleasure of winning and developing a bike here. When I'm tired I will dedicate myself to a quieter life, with less pressures."

Six-time motorcycle champion Rossi was also linked with a switch to the World Rally Championship after Fiat Motorsport boss Matilde Tomagnini said he would like the rider to join the Italian company in its WRC campaign.

Rossi, however, ruled that out too.

"To go from the highest technology on two wheels to a Punto seems a bit too much," he said.

(autosport.com)

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Don't you just love the guy...

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:40 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:Don't you just love the guy...
I respect him more than I can say and I am not that big of a bike fan to begin with.

;-)

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Chris,

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:39 pm

Respect?

He calls himself a (the) doctor without earning a PhD - what a crook!

My favorite part or GP races is the after-race interviews. Rossi's so cute - his English, his manners, his way of telling the story of what <i>really</i> was happening on the track...

Re: Chris,

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:51 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:Respect?

He calls himself a (the) doctor without earning a PhD - what a crook!

My favorite part or GP races is the after-race interviews. Rossi's so cute - his English, his manners, his way of telling the story of what <i>really</i> was happening on the track...
Wait, he isn't really a doctor?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:21 pm

That's the thing - he isn't!

He seems bored at times.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:22 pm

3d in the US. Good or bad?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:33 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:3d in the US. Good or bad?
Very good. Rossi had never been to Laguna Seca before. Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards both have thousands of laps and a few wins at the circuit. Laguna Seca is like no other circuit MotoGP races on, so all the Europeans had issues. I expect Rossi to dominate next season.

Plus the extra grunt of the Honda killed the Yamaha up the many hills on the circuit.