Neil Orta

Slalom in China...

Post by Neil Orta » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 am

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Well, to me it seems to be in Korea.

...and it's off topic, so can we move it out of here?

This kind of Inline slalom is very popular in Korea, and the French skater Sebastien Laffargue is a real star over there. He's got his own brands of skates, cones, wheels etc. He did the Paris Slalom World Cup (for Inlines) along with us back then and has carried on since we left off. His inline slalom is also part of the Grenoble event. So, yes we are used to seeing this stuff. But If you've never seen it before it's quite surprising. Cool in a way, but maybe it doesn't mix very well with our usual adherents, or any of the other skaters. But Sebastian and his friends are part of Riderz and we should be really grateful to them for carrying on the tradition of the Paris event. In case we want to return they'll already have the application done and the spot ready for us to use. That's a lot of relief, so if you see an inline skater doing slalom in Paris, be nice to him!

/Jani

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Sorry but quite frankly it's a big FAIL to promote rollerblading on a skateboarder forum.

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Ramón Königshausen wrote:Sorry but quite frankly it's a big FAIL to promote rollerblading on a skateboarder forum.

rmn
That's what I thought too, no matter how cute it is. But is this promotion? Maybe it's just a fun post. I don't think Neil will recruit many of the slalomers here to this new discipline...

Anyway, as I stated above I'll move this thread to "Off Topic".

/Jani

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I see it as much a fail as your topic below Ramon. At least I posted a slalom link in a "Random Slalom Topics" forum, yours was a downhill skateboarding link in a "Random Slalom Topics forum- no slalom at all.

Jani, I considered it to be "Random Slalom" instead of "Off Topic" because it did have slalom just not skateboard slalom but if that is incorrect you can move or delete does not matter.
Last edited by Neil Orta on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I think it's cool, Neil - thanks for posting it!

That shows some real talent there, regardless of the vehicle
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Neil Orta wrote:I see it as much a fail as your post below Ramon. At least I posted a slalom link in a "Random Slalom Topics" forum, yours was a downhill skateboarding link in a "Random Slalom Topics forum- no slalom at all.
As much as I hate rollerblading, Neil has a valid point. If his post is being removed from the slalom related forums then so should all the ones not concerning directly slalom skateboarding.

Speaking of which, instead of posting DH videos on here shouldn't we be doing the opposite to attrack more people to slalom? There's already a gazillion sites with good DH vids and hundreds of racers at the races. Ramon already said so on here quite a few times over the last couple of years. They are the ones who should be exposed to good slalom footage and racing to broaden there horizons and knowledge of skateboarding. Pretty much all the slalom skaters I know are or were already into other types of skating. They don't need to be converted to DH or longboarding. But a lot of DHers have no idea what real slalom is because they are not being exposed to it...

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Miguel Marco wrote:
Neil Orta wrote:I see it as much a fail as your post below Ramon. At least I posted a slalom link in a "Random Slalom Topics" forum, yours was a downhill skateboarding link in a "Random Slalom Topics forum- no slalom at all.
As much as I hate rollerblading, Neil has a valid point. If his post is being removed from the slalom related forums then so should all the ones not concerning directly slalom skateboarding.

Speaking of which, instead of posting DH videos on here shouldn't we be doing the opposite to attrack more people to slalom? There's already a gazillion sites with good DH vids and hundreds of racers at the races. Ramon already said so on here quite a few times over the last couple of years. They are the ones who should be exposed to good slalom footage and racing to broaden there horizons and knowledge of skateboarding. Pretty much all the slalom skaters I know are or were already into other types of skating. They don't need to be converted to DH or longboarding. But a lot of DHers have no idea what real slalom is because they are not being exposed to it...

True. Sorry guys. I have good footage from the Slalom European Championships. Just gotta find time to edit it. I'll keep you posted.

And Mig, thanks for sending me your greetings. Patrick just forwarded them to me on Skye :)

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:51 am

Ramón Königshausen wrote:True. Sorry guys. I have good footage from the Slalom European Championships. Just gotta find time to edit it. I'll keep you posted.
I seriously can't wait to see it. Practically no race or session footage as surface this year on here and on the popular longboard sites like Silverfish. And I truely believe that hurts slalom more than anything else. If there's no visual media floating around on the net then people can't know about it, no matter the size of the scene. Slalom Pros should be flooding the net with good vids and pics like all other skateboard Pros are doing, no matter the discipline (street, pool, DH, freeride, etc...).
Ramón Königshausen wrote:And Mig, thanks for sending me your greetings. Patrick just forwarded them to me on Skye :)
I really miss talking with you and seeing you skate my friend. I hope I can make it out to some race in Europe next year.

Mmmmh... Maybe I should give in and finally get on Facebook to keep contact with all of you... :|
Last edited by Miguel Marco on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 am

Miguel Marco wrote:Mmmmh... Maybe I should give in and finally get on Facebook to keep contact with all of you... :|
Don't do it Mig - Facebook is the DEVIL!! It will eat into your already lacking and precious free time!! ;-)

-Rick
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 am

Mig raises a good poiint--more video could probably only help.

There is some good stuff out there. I've seen some good vids from up in Mig's area. Steve Pederson has posted some pretty cool videos from races he's been to--almost every race he's been to, as a matter of fact--plus some practice sessions, as well as a few "concept" videos. And have you guys seen the (somewhat) new video on www.pavel-skates.com?

At the risk of sounding like a Pavel fanboy, I think encouraging more good media (including how-to's) is one of the things the "Gang of Three" (Donald, Rob and Steve) really wants to emphasize.

Gary Saenz

Post by Gary Saenz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:05 pm

I object to this rollerblading video only because that child is faster through the cones than I am.