Slalom Skateboard Racer Profiles

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Price, Paul - England

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:07 pm

Paul Price - FibreFlex Team Rider Biography

Paul Price (PaulPrice@writeme.com) enjoys all types of board sports; skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing.

He has always owned Fibreflex skateboards since he began skateboarding in London in 1977. He has enjoyed media attention since 1979 when he became British Amateur Bowl riding Champion in the 18" Bowl at Knebworth Skate Park, England. Recently he had photographs published in the San Francisco Chronicle and Catalina Islander Magazine, as well as clips on TV news. He also features on the "This Is Not Skateboarding" film.

Asked in 2002 where he currently lives, he said: "I live in UA at the moment. That's United Airlines" As Paul spends so much time travelling between Europe, America and Australia it's easy to see there is much truth in this!

His slalom racing experience on snow has translated well to skateboard slalom racing. His competitive nature and racing experience has resulted in him being on of the fastest slalom racers in the world today. He loves to skate whenever there is no snow on the ground! Currently he is the overall winner of the FCR 2002 World Open Slalom Skateboard Racing Series, as well as World Champion in Open slalom and the Combined event.

Paul is an ISIA internationally certified snowboard instructor and has taught snowboarding in Park City USA, Whistler Canada, Austria, Switzerland, France, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. He is currently developing a system to teach slalom skateboarding as crossover training for racers.

Paul competed in Snowboard Slalom Racing in the FIS World Cup (www.fis-ski.com) in the US and Europe in 2001/2002 in a bid to qualify for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. At the 2001 Park City "Countdown to Gold" he was the only snowboarder to compete at World Cup level in both Half-Pipe and Slalom racing.

Paul has a record of many wins in International Snowboard events in Halfpipe, Big Air and racing. He was recently ranked number two Snowboard Racer in the USA at the NASTAR National Slalom Championships (http://www.nastar.com) at Park City, Utah, USA April 2002.

His slalom racing experience on snow has translated well to skateboard slalom racing as his consistant results on various courses testify:

FCR 2002 Open World Slalom Skateboard Racing Series (http://www.fcrseries.com)

[/b]Event Location Dates Open Results[/b]
2002 World Championships Morro Bay, CA 12-13 October 1st and 3rd
Combined Slalom Open World Champion, 1st
FCR Series US Points Champion, 1st
Hood River Hauling Portland, OR 10-11 August 1st and 1st
The La Costa Open La Costa, CA 20-21 July 3rd and 5th
The Sierra Cup Tahoe, CA 18-19 May 3rd and 9th
The Catalina Classic Avalon, CA 20-21 April 1st and 3rd
The Battle By The Bay San Francisco,CA 23-24 March 1st and 5th

Other Skateboard Results:

2003 4th Pro, Parallelslalom Contest, Giant slalom, Grüningen, Switzerland, June 21st
2003 6th Pro, Parallelslalom Contest, Tight slalom, Grüningen, Switzerland, June 21st
2002 2nd, 4th International Tunnel Slalom Champs, Switzerland,2-3 November
2002 3rd Mountain State Slalom, Bridge Day, West Virginia, 20 October 2002 1st, West LA Tight Slalom, Los Angeles, California 6 October
2002 3rd, European Open Championships, Eastbourne, England 27-28 July
2002 3rd, World Longboard Slalom Championships, Folly, North Carolina
2002 1st, Masters Slalom, Folly Beach, NC, 22-23 June
2001 16th,La Costa Hester Pro Race, Carlsbad, California
2001 16th,World Skateboard Slalom Championships, Morro Bay, CA
2001 5th, Place Wanaka Chinese Downhill Race, Wanaka, New Zealand
1999 1st, French Mountain Summer Skateboard Slalom Series, Les Deux Alpes France, Winner all 6 races July, August 1999
1988-2002 Competed in Snowboard Racing, Half pipe and Big Air events Worldwide. Surfing in Australia, Hawaii, California and Indonesia.
1987 9th European Championships, Täby, Sweden
1983 Traveled to California. 2nd CASL 3A Slalom. Competed in pool & park events at Del Mar and Upland skate parks with the greats.
1982 Crystal Palace 2nd Downhill 5th Slalom 1st High Jump
1982 English Series, 8th pool riding 5th Slalom 3rd High/long Jump
1981 Harrow 6th Pool 4th Pipe 11th Slalom, London, England
1980 UK Open Knebworth 3rd Long Jump, England
1979 British Amateur Bowl Riding Champion, Knebworth, England

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

Team change

Post by Paul Price » Tue May 10, 2005 2:59 pm

After a very happy period of my slalom career with the FibreFlex racing team, I am moving on to explore new possibilities.

Getting on the podium at both the 2004 European Championships at Cologne and the 2004 Worlds at Morro Bay with a standard Freerider deck and RTS/RTX Trackers shows how well the FibreFlex performs.

I would like to say a big public thank you to Debs for allowing me to fulfill a childhood dream of riding for FibreFlex, it is something I will always say with pride.

I wish her well with the company and know that FibreFlex will once more become a major force in slalom skateboard racing, and if the new boards under development are anything to go by, that won't be too far in the distant future.

The new 'Lords of Dogtown" movie has some great FibreFlex exposure I heard. Cheers! Paul

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

PAVEL ROADSTER PAUL PRICE MODEL

Post by Paul Price » Tue May 10, 2005 3:08 pm

PAVEL ROADSTER PAUL PRICE MODEL

I am happy to announce that I am now riding for the Pavel Racing Pro Team, Vans shoes and Carhartt clothing.

Pavel is a well known-name in European skateboarding. Pavel has long been famous for its hard-core roots. Now its cutting edge use of new technologies and innovative design will put Pavel on the slalom racing map.

The new Pavel "Roadster" Paul Price model is close to being perfected. I am very excited about the board, which I designed with sports car influences rather than the traditional surf board shape and its non-functional narrow tail. With lots of input from the Pavel team of designers and builders my vision has come to life!

It is wider at the rear for better grip and acceleration and has wheel arches for power and control. The concave and spooned nose give terrific front foot-hold and the width at the rear and kick-tail make for some super rear-wheel drive power. Pumping this board is amazing. This combined with high tech construction techniques make for a light-weight fast board that is like nothing you've seen or ridden.

Hope you like it!

Prototype:

Top view of prototype:

Nice!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: Price, Paul - England

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:19 pm

Most race results record in the ISSA World Ranking, as of March 2022:

Congrats Paul, you are amazing!

There may be some adjustments once we enter ALL historical results into the database, but it's likely that the top three will keep their current positions.