Newbie Clinics

Slalom Skateboarding in Colorado, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Gary Fluitt

Gary Fluitt
asphaltplayground.com
asphaltplayground.com

Newbie Clinics

Post by Gary Fluitt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 pm

We will be doing a number of Newbie Clinics throughout this fall winter and spring with the goal of getting new racers up to speed (nice pun eh?) and ready to race next season. We had our first clinic last weekend with four kids and a couple of adults. All four kids progressed from being terrified of the start ramp to pumping off the thing at the end of the session. The exciting thing for me was to see my two kids competeing to see who could get the first sub 14 second time. In the end it was my son who vanquished his little sister, but it was really good comp for both of them.

As weather permits we'll try to do this on weekends throughout the fall and when we have plans I'll try to remember to post them here.

some results from Clinic 1 in this movie file:
http://asphaltplayground.com/movies/mariah_clinic1.mov

Mike McMurray
Mac
Mac

Post by Mike McMurray » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:45 pm

Great clinic, Max really enjoyed it and is readt whebever you are to do another one! We are looking to get up to coors tech again this weekend, Most likly sunday early am

Gary Fluitt
asphaltplayground.com
asphaltplayground.com

Newbie Clinic Duex

Post by Gary Fluitt » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:03 pm

I may be able to get out there this Sunday, but it would be afternoon again at about 1PM. CT sounds good.
G