Olympia

Slalom Skateboarding in the Pacific Northwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Gareth Roe, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

David Thornton

Olympia

Post by David Thornton » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:10 pm

Any slalom people live around Olympia, Washington? I'm just getting some cones and gonna give this slalom thing a shot but could definantly use some help. Just watching someone who knows what they're doing would be help enough I'm sure. Thanks.
Consider the board the brush and the park, pool, curb the canvas. http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/80skate/

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

Olympia, WA

Post by Gareth Roe » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:09 am

David-
Great to know that there are people running cones in Olympia. I will put you on our Seattle Slalom mail list. We would love it if you joined us. I don't know of anyone actively running cones in Oly right now. Doug Hitch, the Godfather of slalom in the Pacific Northwest is from Olympia - track him down! His e-mail is shopdoug@comcast.net Also, there is a small burgeoning group in Tacoma that I am trying to get going. I work in Tacoma and live in Seattle so I am down south all the time.

I can be reached at info@roeslalom.com or call me at (206/371-9710)

Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Slalom Skateboards

David Thornton

Post by David Thornton » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:53 am

Thank Gareth. Let me know when you're getting together next and I'll try to make it. Just getting my slalom set-up worked out. Bought some trucks yesterday and my cones will be in tommorrow. For right now I'm cutting a 7 ply blank with 19.5 inch wheelbase into a slalom shape and putting some pocket pistol c-blocks on to have a good foot pocket (can't afford a full on professional set-up yet, but this will be a good learner board I"m sure).

I've heard good things about the Roe line of boards, and will try them out after I get some slalom time under my belt. I've been a vert/street skater for over twenty years and I'm ready to try the slalom challenge. I'M PUMPED ON SLALOM!!!

Arab said he'd hook me up with some more Washington slalom skaters and one of the guys from the Tacoma (sorry I'm bad with names or I'd give it) area has already contacted me.
Consider the board the brush and the park, pool, curb the canvas. http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/80skate/

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:53 am

hey David (slyde),
welcome aboard! (to SS.com)

you'll enjoy cross training (slalom)

Q

David Thornton

Post by David Thornton » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:05 pm

HI Q!!! I always wanted to be a well-rounded skater. Now I will be.

Very cool to know people's real names. I wish bds had the same policy. It would cut down on flaming.

Slyde came about because of a 'zine I did called the Slyde Longboard 'zine. At the time I was primarily doing new school street skating on 40-46 inch longboards because we didn't have any real transitions where I was living.

Good to be here, see some friendly faces and meet a few new skaters.