2007 Oregon State Games

Slalom Skateboarding in the Pacific Northwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Gareth Roe, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

2007 Oregon State Games

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:05 pm

Salem Soap Box Derby Hill: Image

Salem Soap Box Derby Hill: http://www.salemsbd.org/salem's_track.htm

Friday June 01: One event (park slalom) Aumsville Oregon (night-time)

Saturday June 02: Two Events (both single-lane)
A) Tight Straight slalom (80 to 100 cones). Best time out of 3 runs.
B) GS single lane (20 or so cones) Best time out of 3 runs.

Sunday June 03: C) One Event (dual hybrid)
Qualifying best of 2 runs
Ladder bracket head-to-head (additional 3 to 6 runs per person to advance or decline in the standings). NOT an elimination bracket.

Events B and C will be suitable for entry-level racers of all ages.

Restricted Entry (somewhat):
This is the Oregon State Games, for Amateurs. The State Games of Oregon is open to all residents of Oregon, plus residents of adjacent states that DO NOT have a State Games slalom skateboarding event. (Idaho, Washington, Nevada, California)

Nevertheless, it is possible for PROs and residents of other states to attend, but not be eligible for a State Games medal. Those other attendees will be placed as usual in the placings for ISSA points and for overall results, but not reported as medalists to the State Games of Oregon. Priority for signup is Oregon Amateurs.

This event has several age-group medal classes in agreement with the State Games of Oregon which encourages athletes of all ages and ability to participate:
Masters: 45 and over
Adults: 25-44
Young Adults: 16-24
Kids: Under 15 and under

We will be seeking either a PRIME status

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:53 am

Fun was had by all in Salem over the weekend!

I want to thank Pat & his assistant for keeping things running smoothly. The timing system went off without a hitch! It was cool to get instant results posted thanks to Pat's handy softwear & printer!

Pauliwog set killer courses! The hybrid had a little bit of everything & strategically challenged your every move. To give you an idea of the brilliance of this course, Michael Dong told Pauliwog that the course was the 2nd best course he had ever skated! Can you ask for a better compliment? Michael didn't know it, but I was watching his every move. That guy is poetry in motion!

The soapbox derby hill is the BOMB! Too bad California doesn't have any--- they probably tore them down to make room for another outlet mall!

Always good to see all the Oregon, Washington & Canadian gangs again! Too many to name, but you know who you are!

The NorCal squad was there in full force!
Ravich, Brewington, (the Sultan of Style!) Reitema, Tokle, Norski, the Foley clan, Sasha (transplanted from NorCal to Bend Oregon-- welcome back to slalom, you did great!, Judy Oyama (my hero)! I have news for you Judy--- you are NOT retiring if I have anything to say about it!

Isabelle--- you were greatly missed girlfriend!

I will keep attending the Oregon State Games as long as they allow us crazy Californians to enter! Thank you Salem!

Here are some pics of the OSG's & the Sunday pool session at Pauliwog's friend, Trevor's house!

No one is safe when I pull out the camera!

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z125 ... es%202007/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z125 ... %20Oregon/

Paul Howard

Cat's Pictures

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:05 pm

Hey, Thanks again for the pictures, that was fun, glad you and everyone else made it to Salem. -Paul
I just dig slalom!