Page 1 of 1

Slalom Jam - Salem - Sept 19th 2010 [Cancelled]

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:51 pm
by James Peters
REPOST of Pat Chewning's post from the Banter thread:

Status: BASIC
Date: Sunday Sept 19 2010
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: USA, Oregon, Salem (Soap Box Derby Hill)
Organizers: Pat Chewning and Cascade Slalom (
Format: Jam format, 2 courses (GS-ish slalom, and Hybrid-ish slalom) at least one course will have a timer.

End of dry season final race (perhaps) for Cascade Slalom Association this year.

NOTE: We have no permit for the hill. Although there has never been a problem just dropping-in for a slalom race (when there is no soap-box derby race), there is no guarantee that the hill will be available for our use.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:06 pm
by James Peters
Not sure if this is happening or will be postponed, Pat / Paul will have to make the weather call...

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:47 pm
by Pat Chewning
I will make the call at 9pm tonight (or so)....

Weather is looking pretty dismal right now. (raining now, 80% chance tomorrow)


Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 am
by Pat Chewning

Raining hard now, showers continuing tomorrow. Dew point and temperature same (100% humidity). Track will never dry out.