Texas Slalom Jam Sept 30th in Austin, Tx

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Russel Cantor, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Texas Slalom Jam Sept 30th in Austin, Tx

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:23 am

Sept 30 th Outlaw Slalom Jam in Austin. Fisrt off a big thanks to O G MarCos for getting us together and letting us drag race. s#@! its fxcking hot out there man, I mean it was freaking hot. And the level of the racers in Texas was hot as well. Those who did'nt make it out there we missed seeing ya bros. Lets face it we all knew Big Ryan had the hot hand coming into this Jam. After placing well in Sandia. And he did, and he has gotten faster. Dude, Duder, DDDDDDuuuuuuuudddddddeeeeeeeerrrrrr. For those of you who have seen the movie The IncredilbLes. When the little neighborhood kid Yells and the end of the movie " That was Awesome" You are a gentle giant my amigo, but damm son you can skate. Most improved I would have to say Matt Franklin he has taken to cones like a fish to water. Newest Texas Outlaw 8 year old Aleera Soulsby Monroy, she even took a beef and got up and continued to skate. Got to send me a shirt size for the yougin Marcos. The man to watch was Clay T he was pushing agressively every run, full committent no backing off, throttle down from the first cone to the last cone, he also got up from 3 beefs. The third beef was the knarliest. O G Marcos was also throwing down some solid runs. No wasted energy pure pumping. Gorrilla Biscuits was also throwing some goods runs that bro looks straight down the course, great concentration, I know cause I was talking trash running next to him, Woody was also in the mix, grow back the beard Woody I had no idea who the hell you were when you came up to me. RussDuke and family showed up to race,here is hoping you make it down for the race in Sullivan City in December bro, I was totally shocked to see Brette show up and throw down some descent runs, this after knee replacement surgery. You ROCK, DUDE. Also taking some runs was Bosco, wow. A2, Curtis, have also improved dramitically, A2 and Woody thanks for running the timing systems, a bro could not ask for better teamates. Thanks for coming out bros it was good seeing every one. Oh before I forget Gumby showed up fashionably late rode the couse switch and threw down time of 18 seconds. Damm YOU GUMBY.
Course 50 cones 6 ft apart, straight down a mellow slope.
1. Big Ryan 13.8 Ryan Smith
2. Gumby 14.5 Mark Gosser
3. Marcos 15.5 Marcos Soulsby Monroy aka Rogue
3. Clay Towery 15.5
. Matt Franklin 16.8
5.Chris aka GorrillaBiscuits 17.0
6.Eddy aka Texas Eddy 17.4 Damm you Biscuits
7. Brette aka PointDexter 18.3 after knee replacement and skating you your crew, you are deffinately a TEXAS OUTLAW BRO. Respect.
8. A2 19.4 you have gotten fast Aaron
9. Curtis dig the Cowboy hat bro 20.3
10. Woody, Woodrow, the Woodman 21.5
11. RussDuke 35.0
12. Joe 48.1
13. Aleera 56.2
14. Stubbs D/Qd
It was so cool to see you bros, hope you make it down to the Rio Grande Valley for the Sullivan City Race in December. That is the final Race in the Texas Outlaw Series. And this will be a race. Remember mi casa is you casa. So you all have a place to stay, just bring some sleeping bags. Your Amigo Eddy TEXAS OUTLAWS.
Last edited by Eddy Martinez on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:52 am

Eddy,

Sounds like it was HOT.

By the by, have you heard from Lou Statman? He signed up for La Costa but didn't show. Just wondering what's up with him?

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:13 am

WT how are you my bro. Lou from Longview is recovering from a car accident. He was missed. Bosco came out and did a few runs. I know alot of you have inquired about Bosco health. He is still recovering. As for me my gimped knee held up, can not push it too hard, but I was able to skate and that is half of the battle. D H B here I come. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws. I am STOKED!!!!!!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:17 am

WT answer to you question. It was scorching, fry an egg on the ground hot. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Eddy, I think there's something missing from that photo.

There, that's better. :-)

Clay Towery

Post by Clay Towery » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:34 pm

HA! I think kharma caught up with me for those pics. I smacked SO hard racing with the boys the other day. Full superman to faceplant.

Hows it hanging, Harms???
Making Mothers unhappy since 1963

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:59 pm

Clay Towery wrote:Full superman to faceplant.
Well, then it could only improve your looks. :-)

Naw, just kiddin', man. Sorry to hear you beefed it. I'm doing OK. I skate once or twice a week, here & there. Work, go to school, eat, sleep, get the occasional French manicure and facial. You know the drill.

I plan to go to the Dixie Cup, although I'll probably get smoked by a bunch of Germans, Canadians, Coloradoans and other foreigners. You coming? Hitch a ride or stow away with Eddy! He needs a chaperone anyway.

Cheers,
JBH

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:14 pm

Jonathan Harms wrote:I plan to go to the Dixie Cup, although I'll probably get smoked by a bunch of . . . foreigners.
You realize, of course, that in North Carolina we're all foreigners?

Clay Towery

Post by Clay Towery » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Who is this person?

Making Mothers unhappy since 1963

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:20 pm

Terrell Owens?