Athens Georgia Race Weekend 8/30...other sk8 stuff and direc

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:23 pm

Friday; 5:30-7:30, Junior's ditch. Fun for all…slalomers and transition riders. Find it, grind it, watch the viddy, then rewind it. some folks will be driving in from the north, straight to the ditch...
Directions to Junior's Ditch;
Eastside athens.
Get off loop 10 at College Station Road.
Head uphill/towards UGA campus.
Take a left at the first light(about 100 yards…), into the intramural playing fields.
Park at the first lot on your right.
Now grab your water and crash helmet and skate back down the sidewalk towards the overpass you just came from.
Ride the sidewalk under the bridge, hit the banks, come out the other side and immediately go left, up the grassy knoll to Junior's Ditch.
7:30-10, Glowing Rock Skatepark in Athens, while the cone riders head to Huntington Hill for their outlaw racing/tour of hills.
Glowing Rock directions;
Westside athens.
Get off 10 loop at 78.
Go west(away from town).
About a mile down 78, there's a large Cingular Wireless building on your left. This is Commerce Blvd.
Take the left on Commerce Blvd, and Glowing Rock skatepark is about 5 buildings down on the right.
10:00-...Little Italy Pizzeria, downtown Athens...lots of scenery and that fun downtown feel for my visiting skater friends. a slice of pizza and a pitcher after skating is always good. also good subs and stuff. Not to mention the downtown collegiate scenery…heh heh heh
Saturday; Slalom racing starts at 10am, festivities to follow, perhaps an evening session at Junior’s Ditch.
SUNDAY; We’ll be heading out in the morning for the trip to Asheville, NC to hit the Team Pain, Food Lion Skatepark. This is probably the best park in the southeast(other than what’s in FL!). The park opens at 1pm on sunday, figure on a 3hr drive from athens.
up 441, north on 85, then go on 26 to ashvul.
Monday; Vans in the ATL 10am grom-free session(usually less than 10 people at the park for this session!). Then a little lunch break before a session up the road at the Picnicville Bowl.

If you’re interested in joining in any of this, let me know on my messageboard at http://www.patiomendino.com.
Later skaters.
p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Patio Mendino on 2003-08-06 08:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patio mendino on 2003-08-12 12:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patio mendino on 2003-08-12 13:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patio mendino on 2003-08-12 14:16 ]</font>