Taking the Swiss to school

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Taking the Swiss to school

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:53 pm

This morning Noemi & Jadranko visited the elementary school my children attend and gave them all skateboard lessons.

The kids ate it up! They were so excited to have "famous" people visit their classroom, and they all wanted autographs!

I've enjoyed having Noemi & Jadranko (Aki as well) stay here in Athens this year, I'd like to extend an open invitation to all international skaters - we're only an hour from the Atlanta airport.

Red Clay...a place to stay...and a whole lot more,

P.S. I'm still banned in NCDSA so if someone wouldn't mind posting the above images, I'd appreciate it.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:52 pm

NICE...

Why are you banned?

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:04 pm

2...no... 3...no... MORE ambassadors to the sport! Give Noami a big hug, and Jadranko a big kick in da' shin!! Sorry I couldn't see them off Monday, but I was busy trying to drown a Knucklehead!!!
Looks like the "kids" were having a blast!! The students look like they enjoyed it too!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:NICE...

Why are you banned?
maybe because i'm starting my own message board?

http://68mm.com/phpBB/

under construction

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:19 pm

i'm starting my own message board
NICE!

I'm doing something similar. Snowboard related.

:D

Tom Thompson

Skateboarding at school

Post by Tom Thompson » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:45 am

Rick - now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

I'll try my best to make it to your downhill/speedtrap thing.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:05 pm

Rick Stanziale wrote:
Vlad Popov wrote:NICE...

Why are you banned?
maybe because i'm starting my own message board?

http://68mm.com/phpBB/

under construction
So much for the "Athens to Atlanta forum" on NCDSA.com, sniff... I guess more advertising would be siphoned away...lol.

vote 66's race to be in the America's cup.

jg
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:17 pm

I thought that the 68mm forum looked really cute. Like a miniature ss.com. The only reason I can see why doing it there instead of here is to be able to have own sponsors at the forum. And maybe to hide some information from the international arena unless there is a plan to mirror that information in to here or link from here to there.

Whatever. All work for slalom is good. If Rick is banned because of that forum it is sad.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:30 am

Corky - Two reasons (well, at least two) why I/we started a new forum.....number one because it's a skateboard racing series, paving the way for including downhill, and number two because yes, yes I/we would like to have a sponsor step forward. When I/we finally have all the rules in place (I'm adapting the ISSA rules for our cause) and event dates are set, I'll/we'll announce the series and open the forum to the general public. Until then, feel free to visit and post at your leisure.

JG - Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not sure I want to run a "pro" race (though we will offer an "elite" class at the Grass Roots Amateur Races for those who wish to declare as "elite" prior to qualifying)

Thanks to all for a memorable year of racing skateboards (I miss the Swiss already!!!)

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:32 am

Rick Grassroots Slalom must stay alive. That is the only way to bring in new riders. The elite racers are allways welcome at GRS contest. They give us something to shoot for and we can allways learn from them. The elite or pros that I have been fortunate enough to meet have allways been more than happy to give tips and advice. We are working very hard to get the GRS movement to grow in Texas, I have a feeling we are finally making some progress. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:22 pm

Eddy Martinez wrote:Rick Grassroots Slalom must stay alive. That is the only way to bring in new riders. The elite racers are allways welcome at GRS contest. They give us something to shoot for and we can allways learn from them. The elite or pros that I have been fortunate enough to meet have allways been more than happy to give tips and advice. We are working very hard to get the GRS movement to grow in Texas, I have a feeling we are finally making some progress. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.
I'd say you have slalom taking over texas!! Great job outlaws.