Exit 46 - Next Session SUNDAY JANUARY 30th, NOON-CANCELLED!!

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Exit 46 - Next Session SUNDAY JANUARY 30th, NOON-CANCELLED!!

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:46 pm

Marion and I will session at Exit 46 in Fairfield County, South Carolina on Sunday, 1/30/05. All are welcome. As usual, we'll skate whatever we please til we get tired.

I'm still leaning to keeping the courses at an "intermediate" level for the sake of those wanting to learn and get into slalom for the first time. BUT, if anything resembling a "crew" shows up, we'll set a dual and do some racing. Also, as I've said before, Parallel Drive is long enough to set TWO courses if the demand is there. We can set a good 40-50 cone hybrid dual at the bottom with a more wide open and challenging GS course up on top.

We were there the day after New Years and the road was SPOTLESS. No need to broom or blow. With the weather we've had this month, I had no reason to believe things have changed. There's all kinds of room on this hill for anything anyone wants to do: slalom, longboard cruise, carve, slide, hang out or bust ass.

It's a session that may turn into a race.
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:10 am

I Do!!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:45 pm

Wesley,
Great time was had by all this past weekend. Sunday will work better for me but either day can work. The scene is growing and I am stoked!

Let me know when we are down for sure.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

The date is set

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:24 pm

No comment led me to edit the topic header and go ahead and nail down NEXT SUNDAY for a session.

Be there or be elsewhere.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:17 pm

I'm down and I think some of the local DHB's may be coming with me!

Rock on Bro's!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:05 pm

The weather is pretty much what I expected: totally weird and unpredictable.

Watch this space Saturday morning for a call on the Exit 46 Session. Earlier this week the forecast had it raining all weekend. Now it's raining Saturday, sunny and mild on Sunday and the rain kicks back in on Monday. So there's really no need to make any decision until it gets closer to Sunday afternoon. So far, not a single forecast more than two days in advance has been accurate around here since Christmas.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

SESSION 01/29/05-CANCELLED!!!

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:57 pm

OK, here's my call:

It's raining now and will probably stay gloomy for the rest of Saturday. There's an 80% chance of rain during the night. It may stop raining Sunday morning, but will the road dry? If it's cloudy and gray, then even if it isn't raining, it's going to be cold and the road will be wet well into the afternoon. Plus, the shoulder of the road will be wet and mucky where we park.

I want to skate tomorrow, but don't want to drive 120 miles to stand around and wait for pavement to dry.

My initial reaction is to POSTPONE til early February. I know Marion's schedule is day-to-day because of the kids, but I also know it's snowing and freezing rain is falling in Statesville and Athens. I'd hate for anyone to hit the road tomorrow with any ice or nasty stuff on the bridges and overpasses.

So what we got is rain everywhere Saturday afternoon and most of the night with a slight window of no rain on Sunday but no reason to believe the road will dry out anytime soon tomorrow. Also, tomorrow isn't going to get past 45, so most of the day will be in the '30s and low '40s. That's COLD, DAMP and NASTY for a Sunday.

I'm inclined to call it and delay two weeks. Plus, maybe another week or two will give 66 some time to dig out of his post-vacation hole and make an appearance.

So let's hold off and see if Mother Nature will give us a better day later on.

And don't forget: anyone who want to go bomb that hill certainly doesn't need me there for any reason. I just won't be showing up at my own event and there won't be any Turner cones.