Proposed Down South Session Schedule

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Proposed Down South Session Schedule

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:54 am

Proposed Down South Session Schedule:

April 3: Trade Street, Bogart Georgia
April 10: Exit 46, South Carolina

(April 15: Luna Slalom Jam)

April 23: Hobby Park, Winston Salem, NC. NOON

(May 1: Red Clay Cup)

(May 6,7,8: The Gathering)

May 14: How about NCL's new spot out by Lake Norman?

May 22: Trade Street, Bogart Georgia

(May 28: St. Louis)

June 5: Exit 46, South Carolina

That's through the first of June. Anyone think that's too much or have any conflicts in mind? What I really want to do is SKATE and SKATE A LOT ON SOME HILLS. My legs are so shaky I feel like a sailor after a 72-hour liberty. Unfortunately for me, riding hills means getting on the road and travelling. So I'm gonna spend some Sundays going to some hills.

Oh, I've asked this before, but I'll ask it again: what works better, Saturdays or Sundays? Either are cool by me. I'm not answerable to any women.
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Surly
Mr. Surly
Mr. Surly

Saturday?

Post by Mr Surly » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:31 pm

How did Saturday go? Thought it might have rained in your area.
I ended going to Asheville [Ash-vegas] with my wife and kids.....easter ya know.

If you guys still skated and have pics, please post em'. See you at the RCC,
if not sooner.

BTW: TONS-OF-RUNS IN ASHEVILLE!
Head North of town [I think it's the 19/23?]
and just hit exits......good stuff. I'll try and
document better next time.
.:PTBDHB:.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:07 am

Carl,
Dude, we missed having you there. The turnout was great. Check out www.ncdsa.com Longboarding Forum (that's where most of the local DHB'ers hang out) and read the reviews.
We will plan another session soon...we have a new spot that is going to be great. It won't be like the venue we have used for the last two jams but it is an awesome road. The Spot is the only place that I know of around here where you could stand in one spot and watch and intermediate/advanced hybrid to the left, a beginner pumping tight/hybrid to your right, and directly in front of you a balls to the walls Super G. We are going to miss that place!

Tucker,
I am out of commission this Sunday due to soccer travel but I think I can make that Exit 46 Session and bring some of the locals with me. I will let you know better when the time gets closer..

Later Dudes!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Exit 46 Session This Sunday, April 10 at NOON

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Exit 46 session THIS SUNDAY AT NOON.* I will probably get there between 11:00 and 11:30 and try desperately to set a "trade street style" course": some easy offsets at the top, five wide breakers in the middle, a screaming rip at the bottom with a kicker to the left.

This course is good for any kind of board: regular slalom or you can steer a planker through it if you're up to it. Also, anyone wanting to bomb the hill is welcome. Pads, Helmets, gloves and maybe a rosary are highly recommended.

*Watch the weather for WHITE OAK, SC. Also, I forgot to mention: I FINALLY got an Echo leaf blower with enough horsepower to peel the top layer of asphalt. That plus a broom and dirt clods and pine bark chips will be no problem.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Gotta love Asphalt

Post by Marty Schaub » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:58 am

Wes,

Niiiccceee hill......Makes my hips start pumping.....

Hey where's the wife?
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:35 am

Good session today at Exit 46. NCL and I ran an ersatz Trade Street course for about three hours. We were there from 12:30 to 4:30, but at least an hour of that was standing around BS'ing and drinking as much fluids as we could get. Today was probably the first "hot day" of the year. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and thank goodness it was dry. Any humidity would have made it a much different afternoon.

The whole course looking up the hill

The whole course from the top of the hill looking down.

A good perspective of the hill's grade. Mellower than Trade Street, but I swear that old hard asphalt makes for a quicker drop

Marion was navigating the whole course and is really stoked on racing at Athens at the end of the month.

It's a long walk back to the top of the hill after every drop

SESSION SCHEDULE UPDATE: Marion and I decided today to run cones April 22 or 23 (sat or sun) at either Exit 46 or Hobby Park. It depends on who else wants to come and which hill works best for everyone. Keep in touch.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:39 pm

Tucker,
Thanks for a great day of Ging down the big hill! Had a great time and learned alot yesterday.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com