The 1st Annual Downhillbillies Dixie Cup November 5,6, 2005

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Waffle's?

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:13 pm

Just don't EAT at the Waffle House.......
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:28 pm

i love the waffle house.thats like us saying dont eat at white castle.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:46 pm

I like my women like I like my Waffle House hash browns......Scattered Smothered, and Covered.......oh yeah, don't forget Chunked and Topped......

(Sometimes stupid sh*t just pops into my head like that....)
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:59 pm

The only people who make fun of the Waffle House Sausage Patty Melt with hash browns are those cretins who have not had the Waffle House Sausage Patty Melt with hash browns.

Of course, seeing as how that particular delicacy has somewhere between 7 and 8,000 calories PER BITE, it's not a treat to be taken lightly. I indulge in this culinary extravagance no more than once a year. And at that it's usually followed by a three-to-four day fast. I find that's a great way to even things out.

Just to keep this on topic, the Best Western advertises that the room comes with a "full breakfast." I don't know if this means sweet rolls and coffee or a Cordon Bleu chef taking orders and preparing omelettes and crepes. We'll just have to wait and see if a trip across the parking lot ot the WH will be in order to get a more "satisfying" breakfast fare.

And just for the record, no place on the Interstates of America has better coffee AROUND THE CLOCK than Waffle House. I think it's because the serve so much at all hours that a pot is never allowed to sit on the burner and stew for hours on end.

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:17 pm

"my ships in anchor my suitcase packed, got a one way ticket aint comin back."

Alls green here guys, rooms booked, plane's chucked, just gotta get my boards outta the vac bag and cut! suuuuper psyched.

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

Last Canadian Signing In

Post by Robert Sydia » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:22 pm

Marion:

Hotels booked, flights arranged - totally psyched to race.

Ready for the Maple Syrup Party!!!!!!

All the best,

Rob

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Re: Last Canadian Signing In

Post by Chris Barrett » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:39 am

Robert Sydia wrote:Marion:

Hotels booked, flights arranged - totally psyched to race.

Ready for the Maple Syrup Party!!!!!!

All the best,

Rob
We should TOTALLY bring some authentic Can-Syrup. Maybe some bryan addams too? Or Celine Dion?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:56 am

We LOVE Celine Dion!

Her CDs really FLY at the shooting range!
Clay pigeons are SO passe'.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Registration Update

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:23 pm

The October 13th payment deadline has passed and no payment was received from or arrangements made by the following skaters:

Jeff Goad
Ben Buckles
Wes Eastridge
Mark Johnson

They have been removed from the Contest Sign-up. Please contact Downhillbillies Promotions directly concerning your registration and fees.

Anyone else interested in participating in the Dixie Cup please contact Downhillbillies Promotions at promotions@downhillbillies.org.

Please be advised fees will be due upon registration.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:57 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:Her CDs really FLY at the shooting range!
:D :D :D

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:05 pm

i think the guys from the great white north snould bring bob and doug McKenzie,then the syrup.
Freak Bros. Racing

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

The Hobby Park GS Course Is SET And Ready To Run

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:21 pm

Marty Schaub, Marion Karr and myself spent Saturday laying out the Giant Slalom Course for the Dixie Cup race on Sunday, November 6 at Hobby Park. The offsets aren't grinding, but with the speeds this hill generates they are not for newbies.

Yes, we ran the leaf blower around 11:00 in the morning, but it was littered again by 3:00. With a little luck, most of the autumn fall will be over by November and the course will stay clean all day. If not, we might have to take a break during the jam and run the blowers again.

Although this looks like a tight stinger at the bottom, these cones are spaced anywhere from nine to ten feet and it's STILL challenging to make clean.

The course does two things: it goes really fast and it also allows the rider to slalom without cranking through an obstacle course. Marion can correct me on this, but I believe it ended up a total of 27 cones over 535 feet.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:55 pm

Thanks for posting the pics Tucker....Yes, there is a correction....from the notes I made when we wheeled it off with the rolling tape measure the course is actually 598 feet long from the bottom of the start blocks to the finish and there are 25 cones.

This course is extremely big and open but don't let it fool you. It is all about SPEED.
Even with the spacings being the way they were getting through the bottom section to the finish line took a great deal of concentration to run clean.

The Beginner/Intermediate start point was set just below the numbers painted on the hill but is still a very fast place to roll from.

One note, the finish line is on a slight uphill but don't let that fool you either. When a rider goes by you while you are standing at the finish line they are hauling ass!

Look forward to seeing you all in three weeks.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Arse Haulin

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:37 pm

Marion ain't kidding,

On Saturday we used a hand held stopwatch and posted an 18.47. This was rolling in the course from where the soapbox starting block begins. Times will be even faster due to the fact that you will be able to pull out of the starting gate that will be installed. So what does 18.47 mean?

1.354 cones per second
32.38 feet per second

When Marion says fast, he means FAST!!!!

I can't wait to see what Jason, C-Bark, Noah, et al can do on this hill.
La Costa Boy For Life

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Marty, Thanks for coming in this weekend and showing us what FAST really looks like! You killed it....I calculated that we road over 10 hours in less than a 24 hour period! Walking around the Ren Fest yesterday all day about killed me!

Thanks for the stoke and the support!

Tucker, thanks for all of your hard work.

HOBBY FAST....It was billed as fast as Marty kept reminding me on Saturday....It will live up to that billing.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

"B" Course Explanation

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:29 pm

For anyone who is interested, this is how we are going to run both an "A" bracket and a "B" bracket at the same time. "B" bracket racers are those who want to drop in lower on the hill and avoid the really screaming speeds of the full Hobby Park course. It really is that fast and if you are the least bit unsure about handling really intense speed, then consider STARTING at the "B" start and if you feel confident you can move up to the "A" later in the day during the open jam session of racing. I'll be upfront and tell you right now I'm starting as a "B" bracket racer.

You can see on the right side of the course a bright orange line with an arrow showing the "B" course through the first couple of cones:

This is five cones less than the full course, so you're still looking at a 20-cone giant slalom.

I've talked with the TrakMate gurus and this is how it will work:

There will be a tape strip at the top of the course and the bottom of the course. This will be for the "A" racers. This will also be the "Red Lane" or "Lane One" or however it's marked on the little black box TrakMate timer.

Down the hill will be a second tape strip. It's off to the RIGHT of a LEFT offset, so it's already in the "no man's land" that's between a cone and the right side of the road. No "A" racer will be over there unless they completely blow out the course. (Don't take my quick touch up to the photo as literal. There is PLENTY of clearance for everyone in the "A" bracket to avoid this tape strip.)

The "B" racers will cross this second tape strip and drop into the course on the SAME RIGHT OFFSET AS THE "A" COURSE and run down through 20 cones to the same finish line as the "A" racers. These times will be in the "White Lane" or Lane Two" line on the TrakMate timer. Simple as that. We already have the wiring situation figured out in connecting two "START" strips that will be several yards apart. Don't sweat over it.

We can run both sets of racers in order without telling one bracket or the other to wait two hours for the other bracket to finish. Just go to the tape strip where YOUR BRACKET starts, wait for the all clear from the timing table and go. There will be no traffic jams or problems as only one racer at a time will be on the hill.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Running the "B" Course

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:41 pm

Oh, a little side note about the "B" course. I have a Roe PS Unlimited Stiff Flex set up with Tracker RT-X/S and 80a Avalons. It's a grippy, stable platform for GS. Maybe not spectacularly exotic, but a really good board for this kind of course.

I was dropping in from the "B" start and still felt speed wobbles coming out of the last set of straight cones before offsetting to set up that wide open stinger at the end. Trust me, the "B" course is STILL very fast, just a little bit more controllable.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Promotions Update

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:50 pm

The DHB Dixie Cup is only 10 days away and thanks to the many generous sponsors we have amassed a collection of prizes of a value in excess of $2700!

On Thursday of next week we will post our complete list of sponsors! Thank you all for your support!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:30 pm

REMINDER TO DIXIE CUP PARTICIPANTS: Please pack your pads, helmet, and gloves or wrist protection, for your trip to North Carolina. Our contract with Winston-Salem Parks and Recreation stipulates that helmet, knee/elbow pads, and hand protection, be required by all participants...NO EXCEPTIONS.....This will include PRACTICE TIME! Please do not put the DHB organizers in a position of having to turn ass#@! about this but we MUST enforce this rule for everyone! There will be a representative from Winston-Salem Parks and Rec there observing our organization and how we manage this race. The approval process was difficult and we do not intend to damage our newly developing relationship with this city.

If anyone has a problem with this rule please contact Downhillbillies Promotions to be withdrawn from the participant list immediately.

Thank you for cooperation.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Dixie Cup

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:17 pm

Well, the power in Stahlstown just came back on today at noon, after being off for 108 hours. I manned the generator, woodburner, and sump-pump and kept the house warm, the food cold, and the basement dry. Unfortunately, in the process, I burned up over 30 gallons of gas and 4 vacation days, missed a few meetings and deadlines, and used up some favors with my boss. Consequently, in an effort to get caught back up at work, we will not be making it to the Dixie Cup.

Yvonne and I were both very much looking forward to attending this event, and we are both kinda bummed about this turn of events. But, it is something that we couldn't have predicted, and Allegheny Power was unprepared for the magnitude of damage that they encountered.

I have no doubt that this will be a great event, and look forward to reading about it.
Last edited by Kevin M. Gamble on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Sorry Kevin & Yvonne

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear about problems and hope everything falls back into place for you soon. These unforseen things are the worst.

We will all miss you and for those of you who don't know yet how much Yvonne helps out at races will have to see for yourself someday. She Rocks!!!!! Kevin's ridding skills have improved so much over the years he such a nice guy that we will all miss his prescence as well.

All the bst folks, safe travels everyone else.

5 day till lift-OFF.
Many Happy Pumps!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Friday Night Not So Outlaw Outlaw Bar B Que Run!

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:56 am

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL DIXIE CUP EVENT!

I just spoke with CNova and he tells me he and CFavero are planning on getting to Statesville relatively early (Friday afternoon.) I'm also taking Chris' word that Tway will be in town by then. So, we got a few peeps hanging out at the Best Western waiting for the Not-So-Outlaw Outlaw race that under no circumstances can get underway until 8:00 that night. (We really have to wait for Camper World and Tilley Harley Davidson to close for business for the night.) Parsons? Ohm? Heinle? The COSS crew? GASS? Kill City? What about them stinkin' Canadiens? And of course all the local DHBs?

What does all this mean?

BAR B QUE!!

If anyone is in town early enough (say 5-5:30 in the afternoon) let's look at making a major assualt on one of the local BBQ huts. Pulled pork, chicken, dirty rice, slaw, sweet tea, beer, hush puppies and God only know what else on the menu.

I'll talk at Marion (does anyone call him "NCL" anymore?) and get a recommendation for the best in town. Preferably someplace in town has a buffet so we can just make damned fools of ourselves eating the place out of business! If no buffet, we'll just order one of everything and pass it all around the table(s).

If you're in town, don't make any dinner plans other than joining a convoy to go eat some pig and sauce.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly-schedule broadcast.

P.S. No, I'm not picking up the tab. Don't EVEN make a joke about it!

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:16 am

WT,sounds good.i wnat to get a shirt at the harley place though,i got an '02 wideglide.aint got enough balls to ride it all the way there,i'm saving that for hobby hill.see you soon.cf
Freak Bros. Racing

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:33 am

Chris,

Tilley's is maybe a 1/4 mile from the motel. You can skate down there and spend all your money and be back in 15 minutes.

By the way, did you read Marion's post on NCDSA? There's a BBQ buffet about 10 miles up the interstate. It's called FATBOYS.

We gotta check it out!

Tway is required to bring some stickers for the joint.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Boards....

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:35 pm

Yeah bring the stickers but you all have to bring along your Fatboy decks too. Tucker, just imagine the photo op with that one. Who knows there might be some hottie "Fatgirls" there that have a thing for boys with "Fatboys"........
La Costa Boy For Life

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:54 pm

Intellicast forecast for this upcoming weekend....low to mid 70's.....sunshine...hell, is the hotel pool still open?...that's like a heatwave for us!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:33 pm

Cbara,

What time youse guys planning on getting into town?

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 pm

hard to say...it's about an 11 hour drive from my place...depending on traffic, rest stops and speed traps....7:00ish?

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

DIXIE CUP UDATE

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:54 pm

DIXIE CUP PARTICIPANTS: Please check your email daily this week as we will be sending info/updates about the Dixie Cup! If you did not receive an update today please email promotions@downhillbillies.org with a correct email address.

On Friday, if you have questions, look for a CORE DHB member who has been involved in the planning of the event. They will be either wearing gold DHB hoodies or red DHB shirts.

Downhillbillies Promotions Team
www.downhillbillies.org
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Mike Ohm

pOlitiks

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:30 pm

Hey Tucker and Bara, can you both take your Political Satire to it's OWN thread. I don't know about you guys but skateboarding takes me away from all the BS going on in the world. I will be happy to give you Slappy's phone number and you all can have a wonderful 3 way.

You know I love you Slappy but I had to add that.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:40 pm

Ohm,

I gonna kick your ass in front of a bunch of inbred gomer pyles this weekend.

How's that for satire?

Please bring suasage.

Joe

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm sorry Mike

But i cant

It's kinda like "modified tourettes syndrome"

cheer up...

pe'pe' loves you

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

WOW

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:43 pm

Chris,

Where did you find the picture of the guy that fell at Hobby Hill without the helmet?

VERRRRRYYYY scary......
La Costa Boy For Life

Mike Ohm

rekwest

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:12 pm

Bara, just thought i would ask. Never mind me.

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:24 pm

just a few days left to chalks up and props away, I'm freaking out. Haven't got any of my boards out of press cept my DH which is experimental (for me) at best, still need to get my drivers license (passport went through the wash, so I want a backup), and GRIPTAPE... damn forgot griptape! Anyways, can't wait guys! Getting that gnawing of anticipation. This is gonna be gooooood :D

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:31 pm

no prob Mike....i've got plenty of others

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:56 am

Hey, Ohm,

You told me you didn't read my posts.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:25 pm

NOW, it's time to start paying attention:

Statesville:
Friday (24 hours): More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the high 40s.
Saturday (24 hours): Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.
Winston-Salem
Sunday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Can you dig it? It's not even gonna be cold Friday night for the not-so-outlaw Outlaw.

Completely groovy, man!

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

Weather

Post by Robert Sydia » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:01 pm

I am so psyched about the race and now the weather forecast.

Just completed running a session at the freezing mark, cheap cones shattering due to temperature, fingers and toes freezing.

The weather in NC is going to be like a trip to Hawaii, but with a larger hang-over.

See everyone in 2 days.

All the best,

Rob

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 am

Man, the pressure to upgrade our points status is heating up. Now it has spilled over to the European 2006 thread....Donald Campbell, Pavel Skates. is throwing his support behind our need to be Prime and is also one of our first committed sponsors to the Dixie Cup! Donald and Pavel Skates were very early in support of our race.
We support the work he is doing in Europe and his Worlds proposal.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

Potential Simple Solution

Post by Robert Sydia » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Marion:

I know you are stressing over this, brother - maybe we have a simple solution:

Have each competitor send Corky (or whoever makes the final decision) an e-mail stating the fact that WV was cancelled, that you had be planning the event all summer long and all skaters from the United States and Canada were aware of it well before the "time cut off".

E-mails should only be sent once. If others want to send their support it should be welcomed. At the end-of-the-day, Corky may receive 100 e-mails requesting consideration for the event - in this small community - it should be enough to get the race classified for World points.

Let the masses speak and be heard.

Just my 2 cents

Rob

P.S. Stoked to the max and the plane leaves tomorrow

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Dont lose too much sleep over it Marion.....a good race isnt dependent on the "status" anyway...good people...a good venue...keeping the action moving....a good party...that's all the stuff that makes up a good race...all you can do is state your case on the status level and if it doesnt work out, no problem......
Seriously...
With all that you've put into this weekend....and with the weather cooperating....i really dont think anybody's going to walk away and say "Man, that would have been a great weekend if only it made a prime status".......

It's going to be a great weekend even if there were NO points involved

non-political imagery provided for the sake of non-political readers

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Point?

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:36 pm

Christopher Bara wrote:It's going to be a great weekend even if there were NO points involved
It's skateboard slalom racing. Of course there's no point!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:49 pm

You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:09 pm

You guys are sick

on the other hand. I will be walking around putting Fatboy stickers on the foreheads of all the casualties.

On the other other hand, I'll be handing out PRIME POINTS behind the train depot on Saturday Night, if that's what the kids are calling it these days....

Joe
Team Fatboy

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:17 pm

"Terminate Joe Iacovelli."

"Terminate?"

" . . . with extreme prejudice."

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Wesley,

At the Farm race, you beat my Padewan learner, Mike "The Duke" Duquette for your D group victory.

Mike has asked if it's possible to request a "High Noon" re/grudge match on Saturday in Statesville.

Is that possible?

Joe

PS You're a errand boy from grocery clerks.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Joe,

Last time I got into a "grudge match," I beat Brewington at Morro Bay . . . and ended up not skating for almost six months with a banged up shoulder!

Sure, I guess anything is possible.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:24 pm

A quick SERIOUS note:

I spoke with NCL this morning and everything is done with the start ramps. According to Marion, they are sweet and fluid. These are "S" ramps following Ricky Byrd's plans. One hitch, though, developed as time got tight and it was felt by the management they really needed to be painted.

So MRS. MARION KARR (Donna) took it upon herself to grab a paint brush and bucket and do the job yesterday. So everyone please be so kind this weekend to let Donna know how much appreciation there is for her last-minute nose-to-the-grindstone effort to make sure everything for this weekend is JJJUUUSSSSTTTT PERFECT!

Thanks, Donna.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:26 pm

And finally, the ultimate quote from the ultimate bad war movie:

"It was a GODDAMNED TIGER! A GODDAMNED TIGER!

Never get out of the boat! Never get out of the boat! Never get out of the boat! "