Downhillbillies July Jug Jam July 21, 22, 23, 2006

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Downhillbillies July Jug Jam July 21, 22, 23, 2006

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:06 am

Not able to go the World Championships in Brixlegg, Austria but still are wanting race that weekend?

Do you want to experience racing on the now famous Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill before the Dixie Cup?

Do you want to test your skills against the National Champ?

Do you want to participate in a DHB Longboard Jam?

Here is your opportunity! Test your skills against one of the best in the world, current National Tight Slalom Champion Chris Barker (Cbark). Come try your luck on the high speed GS hill or get experience racing dual lane tight slalom. Or just break out the longboard and bomb and cruise with the DHB crew!

When: JULY 21, 22, 23, 2006
Where: Statesville, North Carolina and Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
What: Slalom Racing and DHB Longboard Jam
Details:

Friday Night July 21 (time TBA) Outlaw Urban Assault Boardercross,
Statesville, North Carolina
(more information to follow...stay tuned for further updates)

Saturday July 22
Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill
Dual Lane Tight/Hybrid Slalom Racing (A, B, C Brackets)
Elimination and Carolina Call Out Racing

10:00 am until 11:00 am> Practice
11:00 am> Qualifing with Elimination brackets to follow.

Conclusion of Racing: Longboard Jam Bombing the hill, chilling out, and cooking out!!!!!

Sunday July 23
Single Lane Giant Slalom (A and B Start spots)
Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill
Winston-Salem, North Carolina

1O:00 am until 11:00am> Practice
11:00 am until> Single lane jam format racing with two start locations (A-Advanced and B-lower down the hill)

Racers please register on the Contest Calendar
(Longboarders need not sign-up..just show up and ride)

Entry Fee: Racing $20 (to offset cost of Shelter and Insurance)
Paypal to: promotions@downhillbillies.org or pay on race day at registration.

Longboarders who are not racing will not be charged but a small donation to offset our costs would be appreciated.

HELMETS REQUIRED ALL WEEKEND FOR ALL RIDERS ON HILL! (Winston-Salem Park and Recreation and Insurance Requirements....NO exceptions! Any one failing to follow these guidelines will be ask to leave by Park And Rec officials.)

FULL PADS REQUIRED FOR GS RACING ON SUNDAY and highly recommended all weekend...This hill is no joke...Ask Bloody Bill, Ground Beef Greg, Gnarly John, and Mangled Margaret! The scars don't lie!

Ride within your limits!

Prizes will be very limited but the STOKE will be full ON!!

A DHB Raffle will also be held for some cool stuff!

Contact Marion Karr at karr@downhillbillies.org for more information.

Hotel information and suggestions will be updated on the Contest Calendar on www.ncdsa.com.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Accommodations In Winston Salem

Anyone wanting to get a room in Winston Salem will find the Extended Stay America is a great deal. It's a "suites" motel with a small kitchen and full-sized refrigerator. ESA is about three miles from Hobby Park. It's located at the intersection of I-40 and South Stratford Boulevard. Contact information is:

Address: 1995 Hampton Inn Court, Winston Salem, NC 27103
Phone: 336-768-0075

Directions To Hobby Park:

Take Exit 189 on I-40. (Stratford Road exit.)
Take South Stratford Road SOUTH.
Go to the intersection with West Clemmonsville Road (A little over a mile) and turn LEFT.
Go about 2.5 miles and Hobby Park is on your left.

It's only marked with a small brown sign and what looks like a driveway going straight up a hill. Watch closely or you'll miss it. Once in the park, drive straight ahead and you'll see the shelter. We park around the shelter and walk over to the hill about 50 yards away.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 pm

If anyone wants to come to the July Jug Jam in Winston Salem on July 21-23 and wants a room, consider this:

I just Priceline.com'd naming my own price a 1-star room for $30.00. I got the Extended Stay America. So, the motel I recommended where lots of skaters have stayed over the past year is taking bids for $30 a night.

It's so cheap there's no reason not to come!

Just remember: the Friday Night Urban Assault race is in Statesville 40 miles away. So if you want to run that event, then it means a commute if you stay in Winston Salem on Friday. My plan is to drive up Friday straight to W-S and maybe run Centre Park Blvd. Friday night under the lights. I'm not confident enough in my bombing skills to run through the streets of Statesville in the middle of the night!

Mr Surly
Mr. Surly
Mr. Surly

pictures from the weekend

Post by Mr Surly » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Hey everyone, I had a great time this weekend.

Here are a few pics. Thanks for taking these Will!

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/D ... Jug%20Jam/
.:PTBDHB:.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Yeah!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Sitting at work and went on line at lunch to find that nice surprise. Thanks Carl & Will!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life