Dixie Was Off the Hook!

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Dixie Was Off the Hook!

Post by Maria Carrasco » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:09 am

Finally getting settled in back here in the OC after having such a killer time at the Dixie. Hats off to Marion and the DHB collective for putting so much into making a great event for us all to enjoy. Thank you all for your hospitality.

(DHB Core Members at Dixie 2006: Front row: Brent, Evan; Second row standing: Jaybird, Rookie, Karr, D Holt, SST, Big E, Mark Nix)

Highlights for me --
Watching my man blaze the Super-G on Sunday's killer hill -- awesome!
Seeing real fall colors for the first time
Remembering to pack my heaviest jacket and two sets of gloves -- Thank God!!
Sneak preview of the 2007 German Speed Suit courtesy of Dom ;)
Breaking the Gang of Germany treasures out of customs custody
Packing so many of our favorite friends into our room for the after party
"Spirited" Happy Birthday song for the Brown Bomber
Experiencing the DHB tanker truck of stoke in person
Meeting some new AXE Army young guns (sorry we couldn't find you for the group shot!)

(AXE Army Dixie Cup 2006 -- left to right standing: Marion Karr, Kevin Dunne, Ron Olson, Marty Schaub, Mike Ohm, Richy Carrasco & Maria Carrasco; left to right kneeling: Jonathan Seeger, Utah Trish, Anne Howard & Drew Lunsford)

Tway's pics ROCK! Gilmour made the killer technology breakthrough with the race site webcasting. Gary Saenz, Kevin Dunne and Micheal Brooke -- Thanks for your help in manning vid cams throughout the weekend. Marty Schaub -- Thanks for shipping Richy's two huge jug trophies home to us.

(Team Carrasco -- Stoked to the Frickin Max -- Dixie 2006)

Congrats to all the racers, the AXE Army representing and to the Brown Bomber for ending the season on such a great note!

Take care everyone!!