2007 Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler Saturdays Course

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Catalina Classic 1970s same course
11%
Giant Slalom
89%

Total votes: 9

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:58 pm

The Texas Outlaws have a poll running on www.bonelessone.com this is our home site. I have been recieving numerous emails regarding if we are running GS or The Catalina Classic Slalom same coarse from the 1970s for Saturdays race. So far GS is ahead. Your opinion matters if you plan to come to Texas and race. And yes we are Six Wheeler friendly. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:02 pm

In order to post on www.bonelessone.com or vote under the Event section. You have to join the site. Henceforth I have posted up this poll. In order to view the slalom section on www.bonelessone.com you have to join the site. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Where

Post by Marty Schaub » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 pm

in the heck did you get a copy of that course? Remember I am old enough to have raced that course in 77 (I believe.)

Bummer is that the fall in Oregon did my shoulder pretty well. I will be seeing the knife next month to fix it and will be down 3 - 4 months. Someday I am going to make it to Texas!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:10 pm

Marty Schaub Posted: 08 Dec 2006 13:57 Post subject: Where

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the heck did you get a copy of that course? Remember I am old enough to have raced that course in 77 (I believe.)

Bummer is that the fall in Oregon did my shoulder pretty well. I will be seeing the knife next month to fix it and will be down 3 - 4 months. Someday I am going to make it to Texas!!!!
I have not gotten any copies of classic 70's courses as of this date, but what sort of course Saturday's race is will depend on the hill that we secure. We will net y'all know when we do.

Also courses from races like the ARA , the Hang Ten that era.
As Luck would have it . . .

Kevin Dunne

Re: Where

Post by Kevin Dunne » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:07 am

Marty Schaub wrote: Bummer is that the fall in Oregon did my shoulder pretty well. I will be seeing the knife next month to fix it and will be down 3 - 4 months. Someday I am going to make it to Texas!!!!
Marty- That was a heavy crash. Sorry to hear that you'll need surgery. I hope you can make a full recovery in time for the July/August/Sepetember assult. LCB & AXE Army will be pulling for you...
Kevin

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:55 am

Marty,

We too hope all goes well and you're able to hit some of the 07 race trail!!!

Sincerely, TodnKara

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Danka

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:27 pm

Yeah it really didn't hurt as much until someone posted a replay on YouTube. The moment was classic as my surgeon ticked off the list of stuff after my MRI. Broken shoulder socket, torn cuff, two detached ligaments complete with bone hanging off the ends and to boot I have a bone spur under the blade that's coming out too.

The classic part of this was the look on his face. He knew I fell in July and had raced through November with it. I asked him if that look meant if he was respecting my tolerence for pain or if he thought I was maniacal. He just shook his head.

Anyway, you can bet I'll be ready for 07. I am getting the cutting done the second week of January so I look at April to begin riding again if not sooner. Hard practice in May will have me VERY ready for June, etc. I already have my ticket for Longmont in August, (American fare sale for 144 RT!!!!), and am dialed for the Worlds and Dixie again. I hope like hell that Kenny does an Ohio 3 in June, I plan on Oregon again in July so you can see that I have no plans to go away quietly.

Thanks for the sentiments. The brotherhood of Slalom is like no other. Merry Christmas to everyone that likes cone avoidance at high speed!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:55 pm

Right on Marty. We are a Brotherhood. You can feel it when you pull into the parking lot at a slalom contest. Yes it is the usual suspects. But the STOKED feeling you get from being there is awesome. Does not matter if you are the fastest or the slowest skater. You are there. Meeting new friends and seeing old ones. I allways see smiles on all of the slalom skaters faces at the contest. We are a small group, but there is definately a bond there. Glad to know you Marty O G LCB. Merry Christmas to you to bro. Heal quickly. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:02 pm

Definately a brotherhood and sisters too. Love ya guys and gals. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws. P S that is not a lampshade on Fadrids head.

Art Pryde

Marty under the knife

Post by Art Pryde » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:03 am

Hey Marty,
Hope the surgery goes well, and you're back on the deck soon, but not too soon! I've just started running cones again since I fell 2 days before Encinitas and bruised my ribs. I'm glad I took a little extra time off, but it sure is physically harder being a kid the second, third... time around!
Have a great holiday season!
Art

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:36 pm

Just a not yo let you all know that the Texas Cold fusion Sizzler is on the Calendar.

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=280
As Luck would have it . . .

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:51 pm

OK here goes you are correct. I called La Quinta this AM. They did not have a clue. Shame, Shame someone on the TEAM is giving me false info. Who could that be, uuhhmmm "SATAN". I have blocked off 50-60 rooms. Ask for the Texas Sizzler and we get the discount at 85$ a night. Call this # this afternoon and all should be ready to go. Phone # 1-512-443-1774. Your AMIGO Eddy Texas Outlaws.