Slalom Jam Sunday 12th Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Virginia

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

David Morris

Slalom Jam Sunday 12th Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Virginia

Post by David Morris » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:12 am

Below is the post I posted on the DC slalom forum. Perhaps some of you Hillbillie types might want to come to the tidewater Virginia area for the weekend to participate in this outlaw slalom jam. This area of Virginia is not known for slalom racing but just recently I became aware that there are some local skaters that are really interested in slalom and they are all really stoked. Perhaps some of you would like to come here this Sunday and shows some of these guys hows its really done!

Drop me an email (davmo@cox.net) and I will provide you with directions on the location, my phone number and other info. From what I hear its an overpass hill that is not really used and has a very low bust factor.

what to expect is a fun day of slalom with some other stoked people and afterwards you can always hit the beach!!!

dave

Hi guys,

This is a new post about doing some slalom racing down south here in southeastern Virginia on Sunday 12th. On the other thread "emerging slalom...." I mentioned about racing at this place called Indian Creek which is about a 30 or so drive from my house. Also on that thread PA Dan mentioned he would come down as long as he has a place to stay and can get off work on Monday etc. Well I have an upstairs "mother-in-law" suite complete with a private bathroom w/ shower, kitchen with a stove and refrigerator, a queen size bed that can sleep two as long as there isn't any "man-touching", there is also a small bedroom with a single bed. there is also a large leather couch that can sleep another person. There is also room on the floor in case someone likes sleeping in a sleeping bag.

I did get a message from one skater who said that there are 3 skaters going to be there, Aaron and I and possibly Mike Burns make it six and perhaps there will be some more. It would be great if some of you DC guys can make it and show these southern boys hows its really done.

If you can make it email me at : davmo@cox.net and I can fill you in with the details. I am at work tomorrow and I won't be home until early Sunday morning but I have already talked with my wife and there is no problem for PA Dan and any of the DC Outlaws getting the key to the apt so you can bring your stuff in the apt and relax, hit the beach for awhile etc until the race on Sunday morning. .

Drop me an email if you can make it!!! There is no reason why you shouldn't because after the session its a makable drive back home in time for you to hit the rack and make it to work on time the next day.

Dave Morris