Huntsville, AL Feb 7

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Jeremy Coffman

Huntsville, AL Feb 7

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:45 pm

There is going to be a downhill jam event put on by Southside Skate shop.
In addition their will also be a slalom jam as well.

I'm not sure how big this is going to be. The slalom is sort of a side thing being put on by Eric Sanders. I have offered my services to help out. I think this will be more of a "intro to slalom" than a real race. Still if your in the area feel free to drop by and skate.

Southside has info on their site and even video of the hill.

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 am

This whole event seems to be a dry run. A first attempt at putting on a race of any kind. I'm not sure how well organized it will be or what kind of turnout to expect. I'm going anyway. I think this event is a step in the right direction. They already have gotten more attention they expected for this. Hopefully it could lead to bigger a better things down the road.

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 am

Jeremy -

Thanks for posting up on this. Eric has attended Red Clay, and other events in GA, so I'm glad to see he's still in it. I can't make Feb. 7, but I hope it goes well.

Ron

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:04 am

Eric was hoping you'd be able to come too.

I'll post again and let you know how it turned out.

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 am

I hear that the race went off pretty well. They just did the downhill. Eric was sick and I have a home disaster going that may keep me from attending any races for awhile. I talk all about that on the silverfish. But this ain't about me. This is about a little race in Huntsville. From what I hear, and I'm waiting for more official news, it was a small turnout but the racing was good. Some 15 year old guy won. I hear he was fast. I'll give more details as they come in to me. I did hear that it went so well that they are talking about doing it again...maybe even next month. No one got hurt and no cops.

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Here is a revision.

About 25 people showed up for the race. They got about two runs in and someone DID call the cops. Something about distracting the neighbors??? That cut off the lower half of the course. So they had to change to another hill. Not as fast but they got through it with no more trouble from the neighbors or the police.
There was no slalom racing this time.

When I hear more I will post it.