[2011] Texas Sizzler, Houston, March 26-27 [MAIN]

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

[2011] Texas Sizzler, Houston, March 26-27 [MAIN]

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:37 pm

As you know we have been offered the Derby Hill in Hockley near Houston.
One has to look at the positive aspect of having the race in Houston.
1. The location of the race is secure. If anyone has question such as " is the location secure". Answer " Yes it is".
2. Is there bathrooms available. Yes there is.
3. Will we have 2 timing system ready to go. Yes we will.
4. Will there be food for the racers. Yes there will be. There is a concession stand that the BoyScouts will be running and the food would included in the entry fee.
5. Maps will be provided with directions to the race site.
6. All prize money will be paid out in cash on the spot.
6 sucessfull Texas Sizzlers. This year there was a bit of confusion.
7. We have the Derby hill all day long. So starting at 9:00 ! NO 10:00 NO ! 11:00 more than likely.
Oasis Bluff and Racing Downtown Austin the request keep coming in. The thought is still in the back of our minds. Believe me. I know our sport needs exposure. That is still a possibility.
Keep this in mind. And I repeat keep this in mind. 6 SUCCESSFULL TEXAS SIZZLER and one with issues does not deter us. We will continue to strive to throw the BEST DownHill Slalom Contest.
People will allways complain, and constructive criticism and opinions are good.
Constructive is the key word.
We will bid for MAIN Status again next year. Yes we will. Whether or not we get it, that is up to the ISSA. . The ISSA needs to spread its status equally. If you judge us on what went wrong with this years race. I say go for it.
I say this to the board of the ISSA. Why should racers have to travel half way across the country to attend a Main Status Race when we are a state that is centrally located.
This year I really was not able to answer questions about the event. I was not the organizer. Stepped in at the last minute. I did my best to pick up the pieces.
I know that alot of suggestions have come in two have the Slalom Event downtown in conjunction with a festival. Not happening soon. This is the State Capitol of Texas. My sincerest appologies to everyone involved. And we stand by what ever decisions the ISSA makes. I may not agree with them, but this is our governing board.
Till next year. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 am

As Luck would have it . . .

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:01 pm

The sizzler kicks ass.
LAVIN

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

The sizzler is a great way to kick off the season and if you have not had the pleasure of racing a derby hill, it's a unque, low pressure way to go.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:The sizzler is a great way to kick off the season and if you have not had the pleasure of racing a derby hill, it's a unque, low pressure way to go.
You mean like the "elevator shaft", right? ;-)
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Yes Rick, and Kenny's Buckeye Hill too. I don't want to hijack this thread, but we all struggle with places to have races. Derby hills provide a road with usually a very good surface and no hassle of police, road blocks, etc. It also usually in a park with some infrastructure (like porta potties).

I'd encourage everyone to do a little googling to see where the soap box derby hills are in your area. Kudo's to the Texas Outlaws for finding another good one.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:Yes Rick, and Kenny's Buckeye Hill too. I don't want to hijack this thread, but we all struggle with places to have races. Derby hills provide a road with usually a very good surface and no hassle of police, road blocks, etc. It also usually in a park with some infrastructure (like porta potties).

I'd encourage everyone to do a little googling to see where the soap box derby hills are in your area. Kudo's to the Texas Outlaws for finding another good one.
Hijacker :)

Joe is right though the hill on a 1-10 scale is at least a nine. The asphalt is so smooth that it seems like any wheel will grip and the grade while not steep never stops, we have hit speeds of 35 on this hill due to the consistent tail wind. We also had a parks and rec department that is eager for us to use their hill, how perfect is that!

Also just so you all know the Sizzler is on face book too.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188428381185961

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:45 pm

So how is the run out on this hill? Since I broke my foot, it hurts to foot brake and thus I'm not doing so good at it. I've got a few months to work on that.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Jeremy Coffman wrote:So how is the run out on this hill?
Don't you know?

EVERYTHING'S BIGGER IN TEXAS!

Glenn Bukowsky

Post by Glenn Bukowsky » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Jeremy, it's got a pretty good runout that could be even longer with the removal of a cable near the end. Then you could even go out into the parking area. Pretty sure Marcos can get this arranged.
Vaya con Huevos

Skatin' Tejas since 1975

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:23 am

just raise the cable to neck height..., It'll be fine ;)
LAVIN

Glenn Bukowsky

Post by Glenn Bukowsky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

HaHa! and throw in a few of those big ass traffic cones so CartofHyenas can find them!
Vaya con Huevos

Skatin' Tejas since 1975

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Glenn Bukowsky wrote:HaHa! and throw in a few of those big ass traffic cones so CartofHyenas can find them!
I remember that...how did he manage that anyway??
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Glenn Bukowsky

Post by Glenn Bukowsky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 pm

HaHa! Rick, I'm not sure!
Sucked for him, but was funny.
Pete, love ya man! Hope you can make it to race!
Vaya con Huevos

Skatin' Tejas since 1975

Zack Levitt

Post by Zack Levitt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Joe,

Port a cans, nope, we have running water at the bottom of the hill. Stainless prison toilets and all. Oh yeah, a snack bar as well.

Jeremy,

There is plenty of run out, as the cable will be down for the parking lot, and if you dont turn there is a nice gravel pit to stop you. :) I do not foot brake, and I have not yet had a problem stopping although with the chain up I have gotten close to the gravel but not in it.

Jeremy Coffman

Post by Jeremy Coffman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:00 am

Well all right. Balls to the wall it is then. I'll go as fast as my poor little foot (and my general skill level) will allow. Now I just have to learn how to turn again.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 am

Ladies and Gentlemen it is Official now. Dan Gesmer Of Seismic Skate Systems and The Texas Outlaws Welcome you to the Seismic Cold Fusion Sizzler 2011. This just keeps getting better and better. Press release will go out on Wednesday. We are Proud to be associated with Seismic and Dan over the years. And we want to thank him for supporting our contest over the years. There will be Seismic wheels for sale at the race. Come on down. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:47 am

It is official the ISSA has granted The Seismic Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler Main Status.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:31 am

The Texas Outlaws Welcome 2011 Honorary Texas Outlaw The Brown Bomber himself Mr Richy Carasco and Maria Carasco. Richy C has supported our contest year after year. And he is allways giving New DH Slalom racers tips on how to improve their slalom game and how to tweak your DH Slalom Gear. Dude come on down. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws. You won't be Dissapointed. I promise.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Seismic Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:06 am

What a weekend. Major FUN!!!! The Derby Hill in Hockley is a gem. They have installed cameras there since it was vandalized a while back. To my friend and Team Mate Zack congrats bro on the engagement to Molly. WOW!! I met some of the coolest and nicest people at the party. I would have not missed it for the world.
Here are some pics of the Derby Hill. Marcos you ROCK my brother. Thanks for a great weekend see you on the hill in two
This will be the Vendors area. The tent/canopy has allready been assigned to 4-5 vendors. The rest must bring their own Tents and tables. And bring your companies banners they will line the side of the hill. Folks drop by and check out these folks skate goods. Texas has some of the nicest skate companies in the business. I mean that. Truly.
There are bathroom facilites.

On 2/13/2011 Eddy Texas Outlaws wrote in from (173.172.nnn.nnn)

If you are not involved with the race please stay at bottom of the hill. The top of the hill is for racers only. You will be stopped and sent back down to the spectators area.

ImageUnder the large canopy will be the B.A.R. and the starting ramps. Do not bother the timer wondering what your time is
On 2/13/2011 Eddy Texas Outlaws wrote in from (173.172.nnn.nnn)

Spectators will have bleachers to observe from. Come on out and enjoy yourselves

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Good toilets, great bleachers, perfect surface, and a large American flag... what could be better?
LAVIN

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 pm

it's on dom is coming over!!!!!!!!!!

fasten your seatbelts!!!!!!!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Wow, Pavel is going for a BIG season this year sending top rider Dominik over to Texas!

Dominik is currently second in the four year ranking just slightly behind George Pappas. Is Pappas going? Will Dom take over at the start of the 2011 season?

1. George Pappas 10458
2. Dominik Kowalski 10425

Stay tuned for more action!

/Jani

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Dominik is currently second in the four year ranking just slightly behind George Pappas. Is Pappas going? Will Dom take over at the start of the 2011 season?
/Jani
Seems like both of them should be worried more about JoeMac and WonderBoy...

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:51 pm

NOT REALLY

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 pm

So what can you tell us about the Slalom-Cross? Will we be pushing each other into the guard rails?

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Rubbin' is racin'
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:35 am

Stephen Lavin wrote:Good toilets, great bleachers, perfect surface, and a large American flag... what could be better?
i notice that tent at top has four poles.....strippers?
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:51 pm

4 poles, 4 strippers (maybe 8), yeah that could def be better CFAV.
LAVIN

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

My few Hockley hill photos.

From the top:

From the bottom:

The start ramps for the "A" bracket. The fence rails are straight. The ramp is canted downhill so even the start platform is tilted. So the "S" curve is that much steeper.

Off the start ramps:

Heading towards the finish line:

The Sizzler Brain Trust - Texas Eddy Martinez and Marcos Soulsby-Monroy along with Matt.

Marcos told me someone was complaining this hill was "too short?" Are you kidding? It's the energizer bunny of slalom hills. Very fast. Even more faster with a 40-mph tail wind. Really. No joke. Someone had a gizmo for measuring wind speed. At the top of the hill under the tarp the SUSTAINED wind speed was hitting 40 at your back going down the hill.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Chris Barker wrote:So what can you tell us about the Slalom-Cross? Will we be pushing each other into the guard rails?
It's going to be Gnarly we set it and had to change it several times be for we got it right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOEbpZua0tg

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 pm

but you don't want to use the course you guys are practicing on right now!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Of course not Donny. Steve Pederson, JBH are arriving early to help Marcos with the courses. And Dave Pirnack and C-Bark are going to set the Pro or A-Class courses. With that said or that being said.

Well here we go again. I believe in alot of things. Keeping a sport alive that not many people have the guts to partake in. Am I crazy. Hell Yea. Some times you have to reach deep down and go for it. And give. Whether it be monotary or devotion to the art of cone avoidance. I have felt this my entire life. Some times you have to see things for yourself. And be honest with yourself. What are you willing to sacrifice for what you LOVE. Bring on The Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler. Face your fears. What are you waiting for sign up bros.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:23 pm

supercool of you eddy to mention that all courses will be fresh!
that's superfair for the visitors and always leaves the best impression about a honest and hard-working crew!

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 am

Get ready. Sizzler Slalom Cross 2011:

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:42 am

Steve Pederson wrote:Get ready. Sizzler Slalom Cross 2011:
How did you know?? :)

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am

Copy Of last e-mail sent, Brent Kostick your e_mail does not work.

Hello

If you are getting this e-mail then you are a racer at the Texas Outlaw Cold Fusion Sizzler.

here is a list of the people who have paid their entry fees

John Janik
Paul Price
Jonathan Harms
RIchy Carrasco
Chris Barker
Dominik Kowalski
David Tolley
Keith Hollien
Marshall Presnell
Humberto Salcedo
Tersa B.
Pete B.

You can pay pal your entry fee to midwiferhi@gmail.com; the last day to do that is Wednesday 3-23-2011, after that we will except entry fees on the hill.

We have got racer profiles from the following racers
Chris Doan
Chris Favero
Earl Cephas
Eddy Martinez
Greg Stubbs
Jeremy Coffman
John Janik
Jonathan Harms
Marshal Presnell
Sergio Munoz
Steve Lavin

Remember the rest of you to fill out and please send back the profile, Or we will fill them out for you . . . and trust me we have big imaginations :). It is attached to this e-mail as well as pasted at the end of this e-mail.

Just so we all know.

Saturday practice starts at 9:am and racers meeting 10:30Am we will be running Slalom X GS and Downhill, there is possibility that we will also run the C class Hybrid slalom as well, but we will see how time goes. we should be finished for the day at about 6:30-7:Pm. Please remember when practicing for the Slalom cross it is good to find a racer close to you that you can practice with so you can get used to the 2 of you going around the same set of cones & then crossing at the end.

Sunday, Practice starts at 9:30 for Hybrid A&B racers meeting 11:am we should be done around the 6:30 mark this day as well. After the race we will have the awards ceremony at the bottom of the hill, and then pizza and beers at the race Hotel, afterwards. Sunday we will be running A&B possibly C Hybrid (if C class is not run on Saturday) and A B&C Tight. more info at
http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=485

Please remember to be on time both days it will make things go smoother :) Also attached to this e-mail is the release that needs to be signed by all racers, please remember that if you are minor (under 18 years of age) You will need a parent or Guardian to sign this form.

Hello If you are getting this Message it is because you are a racer in The Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler. This is the 2nd e-mail that has been send out, below you will find the 1st one. I have just a little for you all this time. 1st the racers hotel is still taking reservations here again is their info
Best Western Windsor Suites, Houston
13371 FM 1960 Road West Houston, TX 77065 - (281) 807-4007
Open Daily 6am-5:30am
Let them know that you are asking for the Sizzler rate.
Must book by March 2nd.
79.95 a night for 2 queen bed room.
69.95 a night for a King bed

For those of you flying in Houston has 2 airports
they are Hobby
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=hob ... 77061&z=14

& IAH
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 77032&z=13

Don't forget we are having an informal get together on Friday night at the Houston skatepark. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 ... n=0,0&z=11

From 7:30 to 10:Pm

I have attached the waiver that is needed for the hill, if you are minor then you will need to have your parents or guardian sign this. we will also have waivers on the hill as well.

Question comments or concerns feel free to reply to this e-mail.

See you on the hill soon

TX outlaws

Hello

If you are getting this message then you are a racer at the 2011 Cold fusion Sizzler. 1st we would like to thank you for signing up you are the one that make this race possible. Second there are some updates and changes that will be happening and we would like you to know what they are. Third there are some reminders.
The Changes are; the cone penalty for the Giant slalom will be .30 instead of .10 sorry typo on my part, thanks to Cbark for catching that one :). Instead of running the tight slalom for the A class jam style we will be running it duel. The B and C classes will still be run jam style and still farther down the hill, both the C and the B will run in the same spot for the tight. We will be using push boxes instead of ramps (the soapbox derby people are touchy abut their hill) The masters class will be eliminated as a class for the Giant and the Tight slalom only. The reason for doing this is because not all Masters will want to A, go off the big ramp for the GS or B start at the top of the hill for the tight, this will make it so that you can race were feel comfortable. It is my understanding that masters will still get points this way too (as Masters). I am working with the ISSA to get clarification and will let you know. The downhill is being moved form Sunday to Saturday and you only have to run the GS to qualify for the DH. Lastly ( for this time at least) we were told that we can not have beer on the hill by the parks and rec. So we have decided to first hold awards ceremony at the hill and then have an after party off the premises, we have two places in mind and will let you all know after we get the details. We will be using the ISSA point system this year to figure our winners this year you can read about it here http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/Media ... ARules.pdf
7 time world champ Henry Hester will be the announcer this year. I have attached a racer profile sheet to this e-mail so that Henry has something to say about you, please fill it out and return it as soon as you are able.

Reminders don't forget to reserve your room Tomorrow is the last day to get the Sizzler rate. Here is the info from NCDSA
Must book by March 2nd.

Don't forget that you can PayPal your entry fee to midwiferhi@gmail.com and put in the message who you are and that the money is for the sizzler.
That being said we will also accept entry fees on the hill.

Ok that's all I got for Now See you all on the hill!!!

Marcos TX

Racer Profile
Name:
Nicknames:
Hometown:
Date of Birth:
Family:
Occupation
Sponsors:
Disciplines:
Stance:
Started Skating
Skating slalom when.
Slalom Class:
How long have you been coming to the Sizzler:

What slalom events have you been and how you have done

Other skateboarding Accolades.

Question Comments dirty looks Feel free to respond

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 am

Steve, that course diagram is hilarious. Must be something about the Sizzler that brings out people's creative side. Anyone else remember this one from 2007?

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:32 am

That is the Hill that scared the hill out of me. After that I wasn't scared anymore. REALLY. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:42 pm

That hill brought me back to skate life - downhill classic. Gravity took on a whole new meaning...
LAVIN

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Last Sizzler e-mail

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:46 am

Hello if you are getting this e-mail then you are a racer at the Cold Fusion Sizzler. This is the last e-mail that we will be sending you all.

1st her are the people who have paid
John Janik
Paul Price
Jonathan Harms
RIchy Carrasco
Chris Barker
Dominik Kowalski
David Tolley
Keith Hollien
Marshall Presnell
Humberto Salcedo
Tersa B.
Pete B.
Eddy Martinez
Jeremy Coffman
Peter Metzger
david pirnack
Daniel Jones
Neil "DrNo" Orta
Steve Lavin
Chris Doan
Earl Cephas

People who have racers Profiles
Chris Doan
Chris Favero
Earl Cephas
Eddy Martinez
Greg Stubbs
Jeremy Coffman
John Janik
Jonathan Harms
Marshal Presnell
Sergio Munoz
Steve Lavin
David Pirnack
David Tolley
Neil Orta
Steve Penderson

No More PayPal will be taken now those of you who have not paid please bring your entry fees to the hill, cash Only Please.

The hill in Hockley is NO Alcohol zone and is right next to the police station, remember we would like to come back heere (I hope) so keep this in mind. There will be a after party at the Racer Hotel when we are done with the awars ceremony.

Again I have attached the waiver that must be sign (remember if you are minor, under 18 have your Parents sign it in the place provided or you will not be able to race) as well as the racer profile sheet, it is also pasted in this e-mail. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, also remember to visit the contests page on NCDSA.com http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=485

Please remember to be on time both days, if you do that we will do our best to make sure that the contest runs smoothly. Some of you might remember that we have been plagued by timing problems the last couple of years we have tried to meet this challenge by having 3 timers this year 2 with false start detection and one without. all with new switches and IR Beams.

See you all on the hill.
Get lost have problem
Call Eddy Martinez 956-792-4304
Or Marcos 832-475-0160

See all of you on the hill!!!

Marcos TX Outlaws TX Disavowed

Hello

If you are getting this e-mail then you are a racer at the Texas Outlaw Cold Fusion Sizzler.

here is a list of the people who have paid their entry fees

John Janik
Paul Price
Jonathan Harms
RIchy Carrasco
Chris Barker
Dominik Kowalski
David Tolley
Keith Hollien
Marshall Presnell
Humberto Salcedo
Tersa B.
Pete B.

You can pay pal your entry fee to midwiferhi@gmail.com; the last day to do that is Wednesday 3-23-2011, after that we will except entry fees on the hill.

We have got racer profiles from the following racers
Chris Doan
Chris Favero
Earl Cephas
Eddy Martinez
Greg Stubbs
Jeremy Coffman
John Janik
Jonathan Harms
Marshal Presnell
Sergio Munoz
Steve Lavin

Remember the rest of you to fill out and please send back the profile, Or we will fill them out for you . . . and trust me we have big imaginations :). It is attached to this e-mail as well as pasted at the end of this e-mail.

Just so we all know.

Saturday practice starts at 9:am and racers meeting 10:30Am we will be running Slalom X GS and Downhill, there is possibility that we will also run the C class Hybrid slalom as well, but we will see how time goes. we should be finished for the day at about 6:30-7:Pm. Please remember when practicing for the Slalom cross it is good to find a racer close to you that you can practice with so you can get used to the 2 of you going around the same set of cones & then crossing at the end.

Sunday, Practice starts at 9:30 for Hybrid A&B racers meeting 11:am we should be done around the 6:30 mark this day as well. After the race we will have the awards ceremony at the bottom of the hill, and then pizza and beers at the race Hotel, afterwards. Sunday we will be running A&B possibly C Hybrid (if C class is not run on Saturday) and A B&C Tight. more info at
http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=485

Please remember to be on time both days it will make things go smoother :) Also attached to this e-mail is the release that needs to be signed by all racers, please remember that if you are minor (under 18 years of age) You will need a parent or Guardian to sign this form.

Hello If you are getting this Message it is because you are a racer in The Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler. This is the 2nd e-mail that has been send out, below you will find the 1st one. I have just a little for you all this time. 1st the racers hotel is still taking reservations here again is their info
Must book by March 2nd.

For those of you flying in Houston has 2 airports
they are Hobby
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=hob ... 77061&z=14

& IAH
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 77032&z=13

Don't forget we are having an informal get together on Friday night at the Houston skatepark. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 ... n=0,0&z=11

From 7:30 to 10:Pm

I have attached the waiver that is needed for the hill, if you are minor then you will need to have your parents or guardian sign this. we will also have waivers on the hill as well.

Question comments or concerns feel free to reply to this e-mail.

See you on the hill soon

TX outlaws

Hello

If you are getting this message then you are a racer at the 2011 Cold fusion Sizzler. 1st we would like to thank you for signing up you are the one that make this race possible. Second there are some updates and changes that will be happening and we would like you to know what they are. Third there are some reminders.
The Changes are; the cone penalty for the Giant slalom will be .30 instead of .10 sorry typo on my part, thanks to Cbark for catching that one :). Instead of running the tight slalom for the A class jam style we will be running it duel. The B and C classes will still be run jam style and still farther down the hill, both the C and the B will run in the same spot for the tight. We will be using push boxes instead of ramps (the soapbox derby people are touchy abut their hill) The masters class will be eliminated as a class for the Giant and the Tight slalom only. The reason for doing this is because not all Masters will want to A, go off the big ramp for the GS or B start at the top of the hill for the tight, this will make it so that you can race were feel comfortable. It is my understanding that masters will still get points this way too (as Masters). I am working with the ISSA to get clarification and will let you know. The downhill is being moved form Sunday to Saturday and you only have to run the GS to qualify for the DH. Lastly ( for this time at least) we were told that we can not have beer on the hill by the parks and rec. So we have decided to first hold awards ceremony at the hill and then have an after party off the premises, we have two places in mind and will let you all know after we get the details. We will be using the ISSA point system this year to figure our winners this year you can read about it here http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/Media ... ARules.pdf
7 time world champ Henry Hester will be the announcer this year. I have attached a racer profile sheet to this e-mail so that Henry has something to say about you, please fill it out and return it as soon as you are able.

Reminders don't forget to reserve your room Tomorrow is the last day to get the Sizzler rate. Here is the info from NCDSA
Must book by March 2nd.

Don't forget that you can PayPal your entry fee to midwiferhi@gmail.com and put in the message who you are and that the money is for the sizzler.
That being said we will also accept entry fees on the hill.

Ok that's all I got for Now See you all on the hill!!!

Marcos TX

Racer Profile
Name:

Nicknames:

Hometown:

Date of Birth:

Family:

Occupation

Sponsors:

Disciplines:

Stance:

Started Skating

Skating slalom when.

Slalom Class:

How long have you been coming to the Sizzler:

What slalom events have you been and how you have done

Other skateboarding Accolades.

Question Comments dirty looks Feel free to respond

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 am

If your systems are using the standard Trakmate d-sub connectors then I can bring a fourth/ third back up.......Dual Lane with computer link and false start, not random beep.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Seismic Cold Fusion Sizzler
March 26 • Houston, Texas, USA

OFFICIAL RESULTS (Details shown in attached PDF files)
Certified by Timing Manager D. Gesmer

SlalomCross
1 Joe McLaren
2 Domink Kowalski
3 David Pirnack
4 Jonathan Harms
5 Chris Barker
5 Chris Doan
7 Richy Carrasco
7 Steve Pederson
9 Lou Statman
9 Karl Floitgraf
9 Dustin Dixon
9 Kyle McLaren
13 Dylan Greenbaker
13 Chris Favero
13 Dan Hardick
13 John Stryker
17 Ryan Smith
17 Kevin Lane
17 Earl Cephas
17 Marshall Presnell
17 Jason Bortolussi
17 David Tolley
17 Matt Franklin
17 Bobby Thomas
25 Glen Bukowsky
25 Jeremy Coffman
25 Greg Stubbs
25 Steve Lavin

Giant Slalom - Group A
1 Joe McLaren
2 Dominik Kowalski
3 Chris Barker
4 Richy Carrasco
5 Steve Pederson
6 David Pirnack
7 Kyle McLaren
8 Jonathan Harms
9 Keith Hollien
10 Justin Collins
11 Lou Statman
12 Karl Floitgraf
13 Ryan
14 Matt Franklin
15 Bobby Thomas
16 Dan Hardick
17 Chris Doan
18 Greg Stubbs

Giant Slalom - Group B
1 John Stryker
2 Earl Cephas
3 Dustin Dixon
4 Mark Gosser
5 Chris Favero
6 Marcos Soulsby-Monroy
7 Steve Lavin
8 David Tolley
9 Jeremy Coffman
10 Jason Bortullusi
11 Dylan Greenbaker
12 Kevin Lane
13 Pete Cardenas
14 Ethan Allen
15 Glenn Bukowsky

Giant Slalom - Group C
1 Eddie Martinez
2 Peter Metzger
3 Zack Levitt
4 Pete Buck
5 Daniel Jones
6 John Janik
7 Teresa Waters
8 Sergio Munoz
8 Umberto Salcedo

Downhill Speed Trap
1 Joe McLaren
2 Dominik Kowalski
3 Dustin Dixon
4 Chris Doan
5 Richy Carrasco
6 Jonathan Harms
7 Steve Pederson
8 Dylan Greenbaker
9 John Stryker
10 Lou Statman
11 Karl Floitgraf
12 Matt Franklin
13 Kevin Lane
14 Dan Hardick
15 Bobby Thomas
16 Steve Lavin
17 Greg Stubbs
18 Mark Gosser
19 Jason Bortullusi
20 Ryan Smith
21 Umberto Salcedo
22 Marcos Soulsby-Monroy
23 Jeremy Coffman
24 Peter Metzger
25 David Tolley
26 Sergio Munoz
27 Ethan Allen
28 Eddie Martinez
29 Daniel Jones
30 Teresa Waters

Complete results (PDFs)
Giant A group
Giant B group
Giant C group
Speed trap

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Texas, 2nd day results

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:40 am

Seismic Cold Fusion Sizzler
March 27 • Houston, Texas, USA

OFFICIAL RESULTS (Details shown in attached PDF files)
Certified by Timing Manager D. Gesmer

Hybrid Slalom - Group A
1 Joe McLaren
2 Chris Barker
3 Dominik Kowalski
4 David Pirnack
5 Richy Carrasco
6 Keith Hollien
7 Karl Floitgraf
8 Justin Collins
9 Lou Statman
10 Matt Franklin
11 Kyle McLaren
12 Steve Pederson
13 Jonathan Harms
14 Ryan Smith
15 Mark Gosser
16 Chris Doan

Tight Slalom - Group A
1 Joe McLaren
2 Chris Barker
3 Dominik Kowalski
4 David Pirnack
5 Richy Carrasco
6 Keith Hollien
7 Karl Floitgraf
8 Justin Collins
9 Lou Statman
10 Matt Franklin
11 Kyle McLaren
12 Steve Pederson
13 Jonathan Harms
14 Ryan Smith
15 Mark Gosser
16 Chris Doan

Hybrid Slalom - Group B
1 John Stryker
2 Greg Stubbs
3 Steve Lavin
4 Marcos Soulsby-Monroy
5 Bobby Thomas
6 Jeremy Coffman
7 Dustin Dixon
8 Chris Favero
9 Neil Orta
10 Dan Hardick
11 Ethan Allen
12 Earl Cephas
13 Pete Cardenas
14 David Tolley
15 Jason Bortolussi
16 Kevin Lane

Tight Slalom - Group B
1 John Stryker
2 Neil Orta
3 Steve Lavin
4 Marcos Soulsby-Monroy
5 Jeremy Coffman
6 Bobby Thomas
7 Greg Stubbs
8 Dustin Dixon
9 Paul Adams
10 David Tolley
11 Ethan Allen
12 Glenn Bukowsky
13 Chris Favero
14 Dan Hardick
15 Earl Cephas
16 Jason Bortolussi

Hybrid Slalom - Group C
1 Daniel Jones
2 Humberto Salcedo
3 Peter Metzger
4 Zack Levitt
5 John Janik
6 Peter Waters
7 Nolan Casselman
8 Fabian Kiedels
9 Teresa Waters
10 Sergio Munoz

Tight Slalom - Group C
1 Peter Metzger
2 Daniel Jones
3 Peter Waters
4 Humberto Salcedo
5 Sergio Munoz
6 Zack Levitt
7 Teresa Waters

Complete results (PDFs)

Hybrid A Elims
Hybrid B Elims
Hybrid B Quals
Hybrid C
Hybrid Tight A Quals
Tight A Elims
Tight B
Tight C

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Sizzler

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Wow another Sizzler done, and done!

1st I would like to thank each and every rider who paid their money and came out to skate, with our each and every one of you there would be no event. It is gratifying to see many of you come out year after year; I guess that we must be doing something right.

To the Outlaws I would like to thank each one of you that helped out both days. From Glen with the trophies to Dan, Dylan & Lou with the ramps, Gumby with cone heading, Zack Levitt my main partner in crime on the set up for the Event, and of course Eddy Martinez for chauffeuring on the hill filling in whatever else needed to be done and as any one who know Eddy knows for bringing the Stoke. I’m sure I missed some of you, so sorry in advance.

To all the volunteers who help make the contest run as smoothly as possible, thank you so very much. Stephen Blane, Teddy Mass, Drew, Makk , Jhon & Lee Janik as well as their daughter in law, The Wife Ruth Sons Tristan & Cade and the daughter Aliera. You guys were awesome.

Dan Gesmer you are a timing guru my friend, and Henry Hester, your mike skills are great.
To all our sponsors thanks you so much for donating product and To Seismic Skates for stepping up and being the title sponsor your support is appreciated.

To Neil “Dr. No” Orta and Chris Barker for helping us with timer issues, you expertise was invaluable.

To Jeremy Coffman, Steve Pederson, and Jonathan Harms, thanks for helping with the ramp on Friday and all your help with the event. Jonathan you set a gnarly hybrid and provided much help with the slalom cross and GS set ups. Cbark and Pirnack thanks for setting an awesome tight course though I thank the slalom gods for the head wind!
Finally to Darrell Tombs he is in charge of the hill and worked with us to make sure that we got on their agenda took to the council Steve Radack Precint 3 commisioner, and put us on the agenda. If you would like to thank Mr. Toombs your self his e-mail is Darrell_Toombs@hctx.net

Cogratulations gor to Joe Mclaren on once again sweeping all five events that young man is unbelievably fast!!!!!

It was two gnarly days of gnarly racing1, I ‘m sun burnt my body is achy, but I can help smiling anyway.

Marcos TX Disavowed.

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 pm

I don´t want to stress you guy´s.......but when can we see this on YouTube?

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 pm

robert gaisek wrote:I don´t want to stress you guy´s.......but when can we see this on YouTube?
soon!

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 am

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:11 am

I want to thank all of the Texas Outlaws and especially those directly involved with the organization and execution of the Sizzler, a good time was had by all and as we all know it is a great pleasure to be able to get together to skate and compete against one another.

I am sure all would agree that the decision to move the Sizzler to Hockley this year was a very good one as it provided the opportunity to offer some of the most challenging courses on an excellent surface in a good setting.

Well Done Texas!!!

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

robert gaisek wrote:I don´t want to stress you guy´s.......but when can we see this on YouTube?
The video edit is almost finished. I'm just adding the soundtrack now. It will be uploaded tonight.