How do I print the forum pages?

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

How do I print the forum pages?

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:53 am

Let's say I want to print the postings that somebody has made, but I don't necessarily need that lighter-blue area to the left of this text (with the AUTHOR and little picture of me skateboarding). I want to print everyone's messages, not just mine in the same forum topic area.

Can I do this? I just tried and it was a disaster -- I tried to select just the text to print and it wanted to format it into 18 pages.

Is there a way to just print the "good stuff" in a topic area?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:02 am

There is no easy way to do that (that I know of).

I see two solutions:

1. You send me the topic you want to print and I'll return you the raw texts pasted into Word. You format and print as you like. Haven't tried it but it should be possible. Hopefully you don't have that much that you need to print...

2. We'll have someone write a new page format that has only the stuff you want on it for printing. We'll add a link on each page saying Print... that opens up the new page with a lighter formatting. Requires two skills: a) design a web page that is formatted nicely and works on all kinds of browsers. b) program the actual page - requires a php programmer. I've got both on my payroll now, but can I afford to let them do it.

Hmm, you can also search on phpBB forums to see if someone has already designed option 2 above. Quite often they have. But it takes a while to browse through all the topics on those pages. If you find something I can have a look at it and install it.

/Jani