Karl Floitgraf is now moderator

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Karl Floitgraf is now moderator

Post by Adam Trahan » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:40 pm

Karl Floitgraf is now moderator, disregard this post.

<Post recently edited, previous content below >
I have been asked by Chris to replace him as the moderator to "New to slalom skateboarding" forum.

I would like to thank Chris for all of his great contributions here. He simply doesn't have the time to continue to dedicate at the level he feels comfortable as this site and forum are growing.

We need a new moderator for this forum.

Any volunteers?

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:14 am

do have to be someone special?

what do you have to do?
Its like a gift. I can't control it.

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:16 am

I would do it, but I don't think I meet the requierments
Its like a gift. I can't control it.

Noah Koski

Post by Noah Koski » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:15 pm

i would also like to do it, but if it is a forum for people new to slalom i fall into that catigory as well but i would like to do it.
SLALOM!
"Pain is temporary..........Glory is forever"

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

I nominate Glenn Shotwell

Post by Steve Collins » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:56 am

I'm not intending to slight Noah or Cameron, who I'm sure are great guys and committed to slalom, but I think the most appropriate moderator for this forum would be Glenn S.

When I first became interested in slalom and posted that I was looking for someone to skate with in the Southern California area, Glenn was the first person who contacted me, took me under his wing, sold me my first gear, trained with me and introduced me to the local (SSS) pros. When I moved jobs from Newport back up to Los Angeles, it stopped being so easy to get together with Glenn. These days I'm extremely fortunate to get to skate mostly with Evans, who is a great coach, along with some of the other SSS crew, but I do miss skating with Glenn.

Glenn is a wealth of information and is always willing to share. Someone second me on Glenn?

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:34 pm

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate the thought. But I really don't want this job. Actually I've really got too much responsibility here at this site with photo editing, uploading, and avatar management as it is.

Hell you've probably got a ton more knowledge than me at this point with all the training you've been doing with "professor" Evans. Would you be interested? But actually I think that this subject thread gets its questions answered by the community that participates here as a whole and does not need much moderating.

I'd really like to see Jani give more management responsibilities to others, and from a post he made recently I think he's thinking this way too. I think for instance there are many in the D.C. area group that would be perfect for giving responsibilities to since they have always been very active at the site here.

Lets surf or skate soon ok?,
Glenn

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:36 am

I could do it, I already mod the New England forum and run a website all for new skaters. I am nothing special in my knowlege of slalom but if it's just website management stuff I'm your man.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:14 am

Right on Karl.

Hey Glenn, there's supposed to be a freaky SSE local wind swell this weekend. I have just the spot. Gimme a call.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:47 pm

Steve Collins wrote:Hey Glenn, there's supposed to be a freaky SSE local wind swell this weekend.
You mean like as in raining with muddy water freaky? ;-)

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

this post has nothing to do with the thread topic

Post by Steve Collins » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:10 pm

I mean like getting good surf from an unusual source and an unusual direction at an unusual spot during unusual conditions when everyone else is passing on it because it's storming. Happens every winter at ___.

p.s. Acceptable water quality ;)

p.p.s. Call