issues...

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Seth Levy

issues...

Post by Seth Levy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:09 am

i was talking with the good man jack quarantillo (sorry for the bad spelling) about our new slalom decks (when you gonna show the crew here?) and i realized something. I had to redrill my black hill for my acs trucks and realized it made my wheelbase way to long. his suggestion was to use it for gs, but i dont know. im going to have to use some huge risers cause it is the 6 ply version.i woulda made them closer instead of father, but it would have made too much of a tail and may lift the front of my board if i lean the wrong way.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:45 am

I don’t think you should worry too much about the front lifting up. It doesn’t usually lead to disaster. If you are still overly worried about it, you could have some kind of backstop on the end that lets you know by feel that your foot is too far back.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:51 am

Seth...the real question here is...why the heck are you using ACS trucks?

Nothing against ACS, I used to work for them, I designed the C4 truck in the late 80's.

If you need some modern trucks for that Black Hill, I'm sure I can dig up a pair of slalom trucks for you...at no-charge.

Let me know.

Jack

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:08 am

Jack Smith wrote:why the heck are you using ACS trucks?
Exactly. 500's are not exactly the creme de la creme of the slalom world, and never were.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:58 am

jack quarantillo (sorry for the bad spelling)
Actually Seth, you nailed it!

I will unveil my board when it is complete, although I doubt it will make a big splash here, as it is a bit unconventional...

but WTF? I'm having fun making it. Lemme tell you, graphics are a bitch, and I'm hoping to get to Lowe's to find a cheap version of "Chicken Foam" to add some kick...

If I find something good, I'll let you know, as I will almost certainly have some leftover foam that you can use to add some kick to your tail.

Q

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:01 am

about the acs trucks, i always found them to be really turny and isnt that what you need in a slalom truck? my first slalom setup (solid oak deck) had acs trucks on it and i had fun with it. plus, i am putting most of my money towards my pool/ditch riding because i know that slalom can get really expensive. i just bought a set of wheels for 35 bucks (avalons) and that was after a discount! they are worth the money, but i dont always have the money. i would love to take you up on that offer jack. i am currently in a deal to get some indy 101's to try them out on my slalom board as well, but i dont know when that is going to happen.
queue, i dont think your board is contraversial at all, especially over here. you showed the folks at bulldog and they didnt seem to mind too much. its a cool looking deck! id love to borrow/steal some of that foam once you find some. i know wes has a wood wedge, but foam sounds good. what kind of graphics are you planning for it? i was thinking maybe just a cool spray paint job. that is easy to get and cool to look at.