pps completes

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Levi Hill

pps completes

Post by Levi Hill » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:31 am

should i get a pps complete, or am i better off puttin together a board from a buch of different places.
Is a bahne or a pps better?

Rich Stephens

Post by Rich Stephens » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:59 am

The Bahne's are pretty cool. I assume you're talking about the all wood Bahne. So it's not really a fair comparisson to the deck in the pocket pistol complete since it's part glass. I got one of the completes and i dig it. Can't beat the price, really. You'll need higher riser pads (I added 1/8") and/or harder bushings. The way it comes, you'll get major wheel rub with the big 69mm manx wheels. But other than that 5min issue, it's great.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:02 am

The PPS and Bahne completes are both good deals. Much better than getting all the stuff, as long as you like the stuff they're using. I got the E-series Chicken Dagger, and I love it. The mild concave is comfy. The shape is good for my style. I'm still a newb, but hope this setup will last me for a while.

If you get a PPS complete, be sure to check and adjust the trucks when you get it. Mine was set up too loose, and I was a little to eager to try it. Wheelbite, SLAM! I added a 1/8" riser under the front wedge, and tightened things up, and things are cool now.

Q

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:04 am

hahaha Slim!!! Deja Vu Silverfish bro?

Q

Rich Stephens

Post by Rich Stephens » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:16 am

Yeah, we have both posted the exact same things before over at Silverfish, huh? Ha!

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:53 am

yeah, but I managed to get a little time in on the thing tonight.

no bite!! :D

Q