What Am I Doing?????

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Caitlin Matwijec

What Am I Doing?????

Post by Caitlin Matwijec » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:33 pm

I have no clue how to skateboard.... I thought about starting a cool sport since im soooo Lazy...... But i have no clue what to do..... I don't even have a board.... any help would be appreciated... THANX!!!!

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

GET ON THAT PONY AND RIDE

Post by Steve Collins » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:35 pm

do this:

1. Get a board, any board at all. Softer wheels and trucks that turn are helpful for beginners.
2. Ride it a lot, until you can call yourself a skateboarder. Go, ride. Find and hang out with other skateboarders and do what they do. My kids are required to be "real skateboarders" before I let them do slalom.
3. Come back and ask questions. We'll still be here. On the other hand, you'll probably have met other skateboarders by then that will all be gladly helping you out.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:04 pm

Know you'll need perseverence I you really want to skateboard Caitlin.

It's not an easy sport,
if you don't want to be just a poser that want to look "cool" with a skateboard,
you'll need eagerness!

but it can also be easy if you just search the fun everywhere you can, just with 4 wheels and a board!

Longboard (and evenutally slalom) will probably give you good vibes quicker than street skateboarding (if you're lazy, it could be long before you learn to do an ollie man!)

(and if you really don't want to exhaust yourself too much, just buy inline rollers!)

Mike River

Re: What Am I Doing?????

Post by Mike River » Sun May 01, 2005 2:36 pm

Caitlin Matwijec wrote:I have no clue how to skateboard.... I thought about starting a cool sport since im soooo Lazy...... But i have no clue what to do..... I don't even have a board.... any help would be appreciated... THANX!!!!
Get yourself a longboard. Anything with randal trucks and big soft wheels will have you grining like the cheshire cat. And it wont cost too much. Skate the flats then try hills. Start onthe gentle ones and work your way up. I bet you anything you like it will be the best thing youve ever spent money on. Read the forums learn stuff and most important have fun! Do what feels good for you!
Longbording is how I got into skating, And from there i moved into slalom. Longbording rules for lazy people. Walking sucks- get a longboard.
peace.