New to Slalom, advice.

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Casey Franklin

New to Slalom, advice.

Post by Casey Franklin » Thu May 03, 2007 7:23 pm

So I just got into slalom, and have had a full days session on Radikals, Splitfires, "Skennets", and Tracker Off-Sets. After riding these I dont think I could live on 106mm Tracker RTS/X so heres what I am ordering from Sk8kings this weekend when Maria puts some new things on the site.

Axe I (pre ordered, in my room already)
Airflow 110mm Black Off-Set truck
Modded Bennet front, "Skennet"
70mm Lemon 83a/Lime 80a Abec11 Wheels
Oust Moc 5 Bearings (Anyone have opinions on these things? Compared to Bones Swiss?)
2 Khiro Soft Wedges
2 Tracker Blue Stims
Sk8kings Tee

: ) Im about to be VERY happy. The bushing combo is going to be the front tuned by the brown bomber himself, back the airflow will be setup with Tracker Stims/Khiros. What do you'll think about my basket of slalom goodies. Missing anything? Opinions on the Airflow or "Skennet"? Will Oust Moc 5's work fine?

Thanks everyone!

Curt Chapman

sk8kings

Post by Curt Chapman » Thu May 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Don't wait to order 'till Maria puts things on the site. Email or call her and "Git-er-done"

Casey Franklin

Post by Casey Franklin » Thu May 03, 2007 9:43 pm

But how would I pay? And i'll have the money tomorrow. Could I just send her the money order? How would that work since im ordering something that isn't on the site.

Anyone have opinions on Airflow or Oust Moc 5's?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu May 03, 2007 11:07 pm

The world can bought and sold with PayPal.

Kevin Dunne

Post by Kevin Dunne » Fri May 04, 2007 5:18 am

That sounds like a great setup for any slalomer, beginner to expert. The Mocs are great bearings...as good as any. Same with the trucks and wheels. As for the board...one of the best slalom decks ever made! Make sure to get Richy's advice for wedging and bushings and you will be ready to race...

Casey Franklin

Post by Casey Franklin » Fri May 04, 2007 6:29 am

But people have been telling me that Airflow is 110mm but the axel sticks out really far and is a problem. Is this true? What should I space them out to for TS and Hybrid?

Robert J Herten

Post by Robert J Herten » Fri May 04, 2007 2:49 pm

I have the Airflows on both of my slalom boards and I never had a problem with the axles. I'm also a big fatass and had traction problems with an RTS and the Airflows solved that nicely. Use the spacers that come on the axles and you'll be fine. I keep mine spaced out (spacers closest to the hanger) for GS and Hybrid and bring them in (spacers in front of the wheel) for Tight. I also have them dewedged 10 degrees and run either a blue stim or a black khiro on the bottom with a yellow khiro barrel on top.

Just make sure you don't lose the axle nuts, since the threading is metric.

Hey look, I'm being helpful. It must be a Friday and I'm extremely bored at work ;)

Casey Franklin

Post by Casey Franklin » Fri May 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks man, I'll call Maria when I get home from school and have her set up my cart over the phone. Thanks everyone for the help! Peace.

Casey

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

practice makes perfect.

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Just skate 3 hours every other day and attend 3 contests per year..in a few years you would be at the top. He who practices most wins...
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour