Perfect spacers...who's got em?

Slalom Skateboard Truck Machine Shop

Moderator: Eric Wallgren

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Perfect spacers...who's got em?

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:23 am

I'm sick of wheels not spinning enough. Regular stuff- it ain't good enough for me.

I'm looking for some hard wearing machine tool steel spacers- or even something better...

Why hasn't anyone made decent ceramic spacers??

I want to put some new Avalons on my Unlimited and found...I lost my spacers....so why replace them with regular run of the mill stuff?

I'll be the first.....I'll pay $40 for perfect ceramic spacers......anyone else? HELL- THEY'D LAST FOREVER.

ANY OTHER TAKERS?

IF I find about 20 other orders- I'll get them made myself.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:50 am

John,

I think OUST was advertising precision spacers... I'm not sure what they're made of....

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:00 am

Isn't our friend Peter Verdone currently working on something along these lines? Not sure if they are ceramic though....

Chaput sells good steel spacers, the best I have found thus far.

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:26 pm

John et al.,
Would you pay, say, $3.00 to $4.00 apiece for some decent precision-machined steel spacers? I had a local machinist make me some that are super-nice, at .400, .402, .404 and .408 inches. They're not ceramic, but they work exactly as you'd hope they would and would also likely last just about forever. Ousts are nice, Khiros are similar (haven't tried Chaput's); these are considerably better than any of those. Their only enemy is rust.

If anyone's interested, contact me. I can have a run of them done within 2-3 weeks and ready to ship.

JBH

Paul Howard

Harm's Spacer offer

Post by Paul Howard » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 am

Hey John! Hey, of the sizes you listed, which do you think works best with Avalons and Grippins? I'm interested in getting a batch of 16 or 24. My email is bird041167@yahoo.com (my wife's email actually) or you can reply here for everybody's information. Thanks-Paul
I just dig slalom!

craig domenici

Re: Perfect spacers...who's got em?

Post by craig domenici » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 am

interesting topic...i'm anal about spacers(& everything else).
ceramic spacers are s'thing i never considered, great idea.

wayne from surfrodz does precision alloy spacers w' 'bevelled' edges.
(i think they're called 'caveat' edges...correct me if i'm wrong)
i mention the edges mainly due to GriffinSkate saying he's going to make spacers w' 'caveat' edges so i assume they do s'thing special.

anyways, they're .403 & i use them on my gogs...before that my indeesz.
my bigzigz, pps cone crushers & venoms have zero 'play' when i use these spacers.
they're light & come in alloy-blue colour.
i stopped looking for precision spacers when i got these coz they satisfy my OCD.
(they also have SZ 'virgin delrin' pivot cups now...not sure why they're 'virgins'...just saying)

P.S -> i did notice that my v' old zigzagz get a bit of play though, probably no hope for v' old wheels anyways.

i'd love precision axle spacers in a size of my choosing, i'll save that subject for another thread.

wow...way to bump a million year old thread...sorry guys, but my info is current for anyone who cares.

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Someone in Utah (USA) is manufacturing 6061-T6 aluminum spacers in various anodized colors for only $10.50 per set of four.

They're available in .0001" increments from .400" to .406" with each color denoting a specific length, i.e. black is .400", brown is .401", gold is .402" and so on.

Check out http://performancelongboarding.com/bear ... acers.html

I've spoken to the guy on the phone and he was very friendly, and I ordered a couple of sets and was very satisfied.

craig domenici

Post by craig domenici » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:40 pm

thx for that jonathon, much appreciated.
i'm gonna order a few sets.
i have a few diff' companies recommended to me so i'll order from them all.
(the Aussie dollar is getting US1.07 atm....it means shipping is almost free!....GFC, what GFC?)

Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 am

Funny seeing this topic come up again, but it's a very valid one.

I'm still using several sets of and keeping my extra "spare" set of genuine "JBH's Machinist Made Steel Spacers". The very bestest of the best ever. Just like Tracker Stimulator Bushings(......a moment of silence please....).

Thanks again Jonathan,

-Paul
I just dig slalom!

craig domenici

Post by craig domenici » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 am

i also have an issue finding precision speed rings.
find the popular tracker/khiro/etc ones too loose on precision 8mm axles.

got these 'no-name' copper coloured ones that fit the axle very snuggly, always get little to no play w' the wheels.
but, they do get bent out of shape over the months of tightening...seem they're a bit softer than tracker/khiros.
i only use them next to wheel nut on axle (on my gogs) so i only need 4.

need to source a supplier 'coz the copper ones aren't avail' at my local anymore.
i'll do usual research but if anyone already knows some precision speed rings pls share.

thx heaps for ur time.

Curt Chapman

Post by Curt Chapman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 am

craig domenici wrote:i also have an issue finding precision speed rings.
find the popular tracker/khiro/etc ones too loose on precision 8mm axles.

got these 'no-name' copper coloured ones that fit the axle very snuggly, always get little to no play w' the wheels.
but, they do get bent out of shape over the months of tightening...seem they're a bit softer than tracker/khiros.
i only use them next to wheel nut on axle (on my gogs) so i only need 4.

need to source a supplier 'coz the copper ones aren't avail' at my local anymore.
i'll do usual research but if anyone already knows some precision speed rings pls share.

thx heaps for ur time.
JJ at performance longboarding is also making Speed Rings. He won't call them "precision" but they are what anyone else would call precision.

http://performancelongboarding.com/hard ... -teal.html

craig domenici

Post by craig domenici » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 am

nicely done Curt...a big Thx to u too.
this forum is like slalom-heaven for obsessive rain-man types like me.