Moderator: Marion Karr

Barry Gourley

hyper shaman slalom wheels

Post by Barry Gourley » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:01 pm

I'm sure some of you guys have seen these wheels
Thanks,
Barry

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:01 pm

SUPER hard, SUPER rough. SUPER noisey. The ultra hard indoor hyper urethane is made HARDER with the aluminum hub.

Good luck finding a bearing spacer (8mm is too big, 7 speed rings is slightly too small).

You need to shave the outerlip off so the edge is flush (a good 8mm off) other-wise the wheel is about as predictable at letting go to slide as grandma on ice.

BUT!

if you slalom on polished concrete, urethane coated concrete or wood (indoor speed skate tracks) there is no better wheel!

94a cambrias are much better if you like hard wheels. Trust me. Been there, tried that.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Hyper Shaman aluminum-hubbed wheels

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:10 pm

Also, since aluminum is MUCH softer than hardened steel bearing races, the bearings very quickly deform/distort the aluminum hubs under the loads encountered while skateboarding. If you keep the same wheels mounted all the time, probably not a problem. But, if you constantly swap wheels to match race conditions, the bearings will keep falling out of the wheels when you remove the wheels from the axles.

These were originally owned by "Boston area slalom Legend BoBo the Rocker"; that might affect their value........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=23830

Barry Gourley

wheels

Post by Barry Gourley » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:03 pm

I just thought they looked cool.
Thanks,
Barry