Where is Krypto?

Slalom skateboard wheels

Moderator: Marion Karr

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:49 am

With the slalom wigglution in full swing I half expected Krypto to come up with a real slalom wheel of their own. The Kryp Grip as we all know is just a Strada with new badging so it begs the question, "Where is the new Kryptonics slalom wheel?"

I'm not sure where they are headed these days. Their product line has been stagnant a bit and the site is still the same with no new developments.

C'mon Bravo Corp. The Krypto name still stands for something. I'd like a new product from ya.
My amp is warmed up and I'm ready to shred!!!

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:04 pm

They were great wheels, the best in there time. I've got a old set of 65mm reds in almost perfect condition. I compared them to the classics the classics there 28mm wide, the old slalom wheels are 46mm wide with square sides.

Guillaume Olivieri

Post by Guillaume Olivieri » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:42 pm

i still use krypto wheels on a GS hybrid, the "classic 62mm" these are grippy as hell.
i also tried 3 month ago some old C62 on a santa-cruz graphite loaded (pink n' blue...how sweet!) and i my opinion , it feels very similar to 3dm's cambrias ,maybe a little bit more "juicy" you know...

does anyone understand the concept of a "dry" or a "juicy" wheel in here?!? lol

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:46 pm

just one question bout kryptonics: why did they stop making those amazing wheels they did in the 70s? the solid red ones, with raised lettering? i had a set of the star-tracs and they were soooo grippy yet hella fast too. i just ordered another set, but they are getting harder and harder to find. why trash this killer formula?

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:37 pm

Some of the chemicals used "back in the day" are now illegal to use in the USA.

Q

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:40 pm

hmmm... any one know the formula? we can make some 'outlaw' wheels for our dc outlaw races :-D

so wait, does that mean the wheels i have are illegal?

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:12 pm

Not illegal to posess, illegal to manufacture. And, as far as I know, making wheels is not exactly something you can do in your basement (outlaw or not). The equipment and knowledge are pretty steep, most of the wheels made today are done by a handfull of shops.

Q

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:17 pm

hmmmm... maybe we could ask dave (aka shitbird) to do a run... he does slalom (he has a pocket pistols board i think)

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:01 pm

Guys,
It`s not like Krypto is in the dark. Keep in mind that they are the ones producing the bushings for Radikal trucks. And these are pretty much slalom specific trucks.

And it`s not like we are in dire of need for slalom wheels like a couple years ago.

We now have Turner/3dm/Seismic wheels, ABEC 11 wheels, and the new MANX wheels. There may be others that we are not even aware of (maybe Kryptos or Radikals?).

I understand the desire for a Krypto brand slalom wheel but keep in mind that the Bravo corp is predominately an linline wheel manufacturer and would it make sense for them to tool up a slalom wheel for such a small market? Especially with those current slalom wheels already mentioned?
Got ants?

jerome boileau

Post by jerome boileau » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:07 am

I am a kind of "Krypto fetichist",
I am trying to gather info related to old models of Kryptos,
specially the slalom C62 and C68
If you have any news, pics, ... please share your experience !

Visit my longboarding blog sometimes:
http://sakaroule.blogspot.com
(in french)

and check the "krypto pages" ...
Bevilacqua
Krypto fan:
http://sakaroule.blogspot.com