Ma, NH, training days.

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri May 07, 2004 2:26 am

If the rain holds off Ben and I will be at Gloucester around 10-10:30 on Saturday. I have a few things to do on Sunday but would try and make it for part of the day.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri May 07, 2004 2:33 am

Magnolia woods is officially the best slalom location in New England. Blows away the Arboretum, Memorial Drive, My dump road hill and many other famous spots. Why? Parking, multi hill choices, no cars, no hassels, beautiful area, killer resturaunts and shoping 15 min away in Gloucester and perfect pavement. Easy access right off 128. This is the new practice spot for NSRA. Northern Slalom Racing Association

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri May 07, 2004 2:35 am

Elisa, Please come up and visit us. Bring that guido Joe I with you too. TK

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Fri May 07, 2004 3:40 am

Thanks TK, I'll see if Mom and Katii are up for the trip at all and if not I might just cancel golf plans and head up by myself. Depends on weather, I'll let you know tmrw if I'll be making it up. Can't wait to get skating and get the seismics completely dialed in. See y'all soon.
Elisa

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri May 07, 2004 4:14 am

cool, Sat afternoon if it doesnt rain will be best. I'll keep you posted.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri May 07, 2004 3:02 pm

TK,

Don't forget one of the most beautiful beaches/surf spots anywhere.
With numerous skate parks also a quick jump away this area rules all. Newburyport Skatepark is the best skatepark on the face of the earth!!!!!

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri May 07, 2004 3:10 pm

Sat looks like a go. I will be there around 1:00 mabey earlier. I'll bring a timing system. If everyone brings a new 9 volt battery (I need 5) we'll be up and running . I will also bring loaner boards.

Elisa, come on up. Joe I come on up. 13 come up, Tway, nevermind, Noah, c'mon.

Matthew Wilson

I'm there.

Post by Matthew Wilson » Fri May 07, 2004 3:58 pm

Dudes and Dudetts,

I'll be there tomorrow with my pathetic slalom skills and a 9 volt battery.

And I agree with TK....the spot is SWEET.

Let's do this thing.
slalom is good

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri May 07, 2004 4:07 pm

I've got 2 9 volts. 55 degrees and cloudy tomorrow but no call for rain anymore (knock on wood). I'm there at 10AM.

Matthew Wilson

As soon as I can

Post by Matthew Wilson » Fri May 07, 2004 4:32 pm

My wife and I are heading to Gloucester in the AM on Saturday. We will have breakfast there and then head to Magnolia. So, I should be there before 1pm.
slalom is good

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri May 07, 2004 10:16 pm

Looks like an afternoon session. I will be there around 12:00. It looks like it will be a busy day for the soccer fields. Please park in a legal spot, I have been able to set on the pathways even when soccer is going on. Later in the day when the games are over we may be able to set down the main road. I am looking forward to riding with all of you, see you tomorrow.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sat May 08, 2004 1:49 am

I'll be there round 2pm till 6ish. Rumour has it the Silver Fox will be gracing us with his presence. We'll see. TK

Ben Chapman

Post by Ben Chapman » Sat May 08, 2004 4:17 am

this should be a good session hopefully the rain will hold off

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sun May 09, 2004 3:40 am

Good time today with the Chapmans, the Woodwards, Gilmour and his Possie Weasel boy and Karl the sausage king, Derek , MAtt, ME and Ike.
Gilmour has obviously been coaching weasel because he was scary fast for a weasel as was Benjamin. A dog ran up and peed on Karl and Matts bags. I think this is good luck. The spot was hassel free today all day with VG asphalt and a fun group downhill at the end of the day. TK

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Sun May 09, 2004 4:20 am

Great day everyone, glad to see people again and meet others. Thanks TK and everyone involved for the courses, it was a wonderful set up. Hope to do it again soon.
Elisa

Bryan Werner

Post by Bryan Werner » Sun May 09, 2004 4:31 pm

I had a fun time and enjoyed this alot. I am looking forward to doing this again. But TK the truth is that John hasn't been coaching me at all.

Matthew Wilson

Thanks

Post by Matthew Wilson » Sun May 09, 2004 5:17 pm

Hey, crowd. Fantastic time at Magnolia.

Thanks, TK, Glen, and everyone else who spent so much time setting courses.

TK, next time you just need to ride more, and spend less time doing logistics. I love watching you skate.

Bryan, Karl, it was great hanging with you guys. You're both rad dudes. (Rad is a word I think that we should ressurect).

The CT girls: great seeing you again. But I think you should all get matching T-shirts. Loved hanging and skating with you. You galsa are just so much fun.

JG, the silver-headed Euro-buff, great to see you, buddy. Do we get to see any of the video you shot?

Derek, great meeting you, hope to see you again soon. Keep turning, buddy. Didn't you say you just started or something? Could have fooled me.

Ben and Millie...what can one say. Ben you've got style and grace buddy. Smooth as butter. Millie, you are going to be kicking everyone's butt if you keep it up. Your determination to get through the cones is awesome.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, it's because I suffer from an acute memory disorder.

The few pics I took came out terrible. But I will be posting them anyway on the <a href="http://www.vasocreta.com/boston_slalom/" target="_blank">B.A.S.S.</a> web page (link opens in new window).
They should be up in the next few days.

Thanks again to you all. Getting out there yesterday lie we did, with all different level riders, all different ages....that was great. I think in many ways it is what creates a real amazing component to the slalom skateboard community.
slalom is good

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun May 09, 2004 6:37 pm

Lot's of fun. Nice meeting everyone. We should do it again sometime.

Too bad my fatboy was missing a wheel so I couldn't really bomb the hill.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Ben Chapman

Post by Ben Chapman » Sun May 09, 2004 11:41 pm

karl TS boards work fine except when you start wobbling through that turn :) and we should definitly do it again

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Mon May 10, 2004 1:02 am

Matt -it was good to see you again . . . a year later. You're boarding is looking fast. As for the matching shirts, they're in the process of being made I already have the logo designed and on the computer . . .next step, getting them made. We'll make sure to send you one. Hope pink is your color.
Elisa

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon May 10, 2004 3:38 pm

Great time Saturday everyone. I went from there to the Newburyport skate park and just about fell asleep while skating. Matt, Karl, Elisa, Bryan, great meeting you guys. Karl showed us what he's made of by getting right back to ripping after a spectacular fall. As for the rest of you posers, you're going down next time!!! Especially in the downhill bomb. I'll need time to put on my lycra speed suit though. Let's do it again real soon. Next weekend?

Matt Grant

Post by Matt Grant » Mon May 10, 2004 4:37 pm

Maybe next time I can show up and skate with you folks. I was chasing my longboard around Newburyport's bowls not realizing this stuff was going on minutes away. Yeah Yeah Derek told me about it the day before, but I just flaked out. I do that often.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

magnolia

Post by Henry Julier » Tue May 11, 2004 5:29 pm

is magnolia going down for sure on 5/15... I'm going to take the train to boston probably.

h

Matthew Wilson

T-Storms

Post by Matthew Wilson » Tue May 11, 2004 6:10 pm

Thunderstorms are heading into the area. The current forecast calls for scattered T-Storms on Saturday, 5/15/04. The rain held off this past Saturday, maybe it will again.

Hey, Bryan and Karl....at what time did you catch your train to Gloucester last Saturday? And how did you get to Magnolia from the the station? I am going to be without a car this weekend so if folks are skating I have to either take the train or find a ride.

Hopefully the weather will hold off.

Henry, it would be great to skate with you, buddy.
slalom is good

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Tue May 11, 2004 9:29 pm

We got a ride from Glenn from Beverly Depot. We could take the train to the Glouster station which is only like 2 miles from Magnolia woods. I'm sure another racer could give us a lift or we could pump the rest of the way.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Ben Chapman

Post by Ben Chapman » Wed May 12, 2004 1:03 am

What time are you guys planning

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Wed May 12, 2004 3:47 am

Ben Millie and I could ride most of the day on Saturday. We would have to be out of there by 5:00pm. I could get people from the train station either Beverly depot or West Gloucester, call me at least 1 day before to set up a time for the ride. We could also ride for a few hours on Sunday.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Wed May 12, 2004 3:39 pm

I'm sure I'll be available to shuttle people from the train station too. It sure looks like the weather might stomp us though. If I say that enough it will be 80 and sunny.

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Wed May 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Looks like Woodcamp won't be making it this weekend. Between Katii's lacross jamboree and my 24 hour relay the weekend is pretty booked. Hope you all have a good time and the weather holds up for you. Catch you all at the next one.
Elisa
Elisa

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Wed May 12, 2004 5:13 pm

Matt, give me a call. I can give you a ride.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Wed May 12, 2004 5:27 pm

New Forecast:

Saturday. Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s.

Saturday night. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. A chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Sunday. Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs around 70

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Thu May 13, 2004 3:51 pm

The weather looks good. A little warmer that last weekend. I will be at Magnolia Woods (Gloucester) from 12:30-5:00 on Saturday. Ben and Millie will be there. Terence if you could bring any extra boards that would be great. I will try and get Ben's friends Windy, Ty, Ryan and Paul to come.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu May 13, 2004 4:20 pm

Perfect Storm Racing is on. Saturday 12:30-5 is perfect. Looks like Saturday is shaping up to be the better day.

Saturday. Mostly cloudy in the morning. Partly cloudy in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Breezy. Warmer with highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night. Partly cloudy in the evening. Then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers through the night. A chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Then patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Sunday. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers through the day. Patchy fog in the morning. Not as warm with highs in the lower 70s.

Matthew Wilson

wAHOO

Post by Matthew Wilson » Thu May 13, 2004 5:32 pm

Saturday sounds fantastic.

Jim, can you still give me a ride?

Henry, are you still coming? We'll figure out a ride for you.
If it's too tight with train stuff, you can always stay the night. Jessa is out of town for the weekend, so you are welcome to stay at my apartment.
slalom is good

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Thu May 13, 2004 7:54 pm

Matt, Saturday is good for me. I'll pick you up (and Henry too)

With winds up to 25 mph it may be the Perfect Storm Slalom Session. Better double up those cones and hope for a tail wind.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu May 13, 2004 8:08 pm

I'm in for 12:30. A tail wind would be sweet. I'm thinking a hybrid course and a 30 cone 6 foot center burner.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

saturday

Post by Henry Julier » Thu May 13, 2004 10:00 pm

barring al qaeda invasion, I'll be there on sat.

Matt- Check your email.

Jim- I will most likely be coming inat around 1130 at south station courtesy of Amtrak. I havn't booked the tikets yet, ill let you know when everything is final.

TK, how about a 40 cone 5.5 on center burner, that sounds more interesting.

I'm toting the famed BRG ICK along with the infamous Arab donated Herr Vaughnster aka Von Hampster aka Van Helsing.

H

ps no dress sorry

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Thu May 13, 2004 10:12 pm

Henry, if you can get off at the Forest Hills stop right before South Station , do that. Its a half mile from where I live. If not, i can still pick up at South Station. Check your private messages.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu May 13, 2004 11:16 pm

Henry, I'm sure you can get a ride if you just lounge around the mens room looking cute. T

PS If you can do 40 cones @5 foot center I'll buy lunch AND dinner.

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Thu May 13, 2004 11:19 pm

If he wears the dress, most definately.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

its on

Post by Henry Julier » Fri May 14, 2004 2:31 am

im about to go for a little evening skate so we'll see how tight i can run em.

I booked the trains so I'm stoked for saturday!

H

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri May 14, 2004 2:39 am

Henry,

Bryan and I will be at South Station at 10:40, we will meet you and head up north together.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Matthew Wilson

50 cones C on C

Post by Matthew Wilson » Fri May 14, 2004 4:38 am

40 is for wusses! Let's do 50! I wanna work on Saturday.

Henry, can't wait to ride with you.

Karl, just ask JG if you can borrow his car. hehe.

See you all on Saturday,
slalom is good

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri May 14, 2004 3:44 pm

Uh Oh,

Saturday. Becoming partly sunny and breezy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Much warmer with highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers through the night. A chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Sunday. Partly cloudy. Not as warm with highs in the upper 60s. But between 75 and 80 just a few miles inland. North winds around 10 mph in the morning. Becoming light and variable.

Matthew Wilson

All of my technology is dying

Post by Matthew Wilson » Fri May 14, 2004 5:18 pm

OK, here's the deal:

My computer and cell phone just went caput in the last day and a half. I am using a slow laptop for now at home to check my email, but my main machine needs to be replaced.

Today my cell phone won't turn on. Not sure if it ever will. So, Henry and Jim (or anybody else)...you won't be able to reach me on my cell. If you need to reach me, call me on my home phone at 617-500-4121

That doesn't help much since I am not at home at all today, but just for your reference. So, if I don't get back to you right away, you'll know why.

Gosh, I need some skating to relieve the stress.

And that darn weather better hold out.
slalom is good

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri May 14, 2004 5:21 pm

Everyone start praying to the Gloucester Fisherman for no rain. Have some Cod for dinner as a tribute.

Duane Delaney

Post by Duane Delaney » Fri May 14, 2004 10:11 pm

Time to dust off the boards. I'll see y'all there. Henry, maybe next time you can get off the train in Providence, I go right by the station which is only 1 mile from my house.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri May 14, 2004 11:04 pm

I'll be bringing some stuff for sale. Offset truck, Seismic (rare German type) Wheels, boards etc. If anyone has a portable DVD player I'll bring the new worlds dvd for a viewing. TK

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri May 14, 2004 11:52 pm

For you carless santana types.....

I might be able to snag teh Mercedes Benz loaner car...so i might be able to attend and give rides to those carless.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun May 16, 2004 3:05 am

Great day today. Fun skating with everyone. I will load up the videos soon.

Henry- that's the last time I am ever waiting in a train station for you.

If anyone needs hosting space for any pictures just email me Karl@slalomspot.com. I have more than enough.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW