The Farm Outlaw Series

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Eric Brammer

Lodging nearby Ball Mt.

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun May 29, 2005 2:19 am

Paul, check your PM mailbox... Later, E.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue May 31, 2005 9:58 pm

Pool? What pool? Where is it? Details please.

Eric Brammer

The Farm, up north...Sort of...

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue May 31, 2005 10:57 pm

Derek, the bowl Paul is talking about is a good 1-1/2 hrs. from where the Race is being held. That bowl, is in Saratoga, N.Y.,in their public skatepark, which is across the street from the High School, about 3 blocks from where I-87 skirts North of town. It's a nifty little park but the bowl is Tight + fast, not for newbies/posers. Well worth the drive imho, and I've rode there a good 8-10 times.
However, I'll be posting a 'quick list' of good 'stash' near The Dam here shortly for those who want to explore on longboards or with luge/buttboards, and I'll do a list of 'descents' too, where Sliders or 'tech carvers' can go play. Nothing will be more than a 1/2 hour drive away from The Dam, with the exception of Weston and over towards Okemo, about an hour away from Ball Mt.
If we had any other Skateparks worth noting, I would've been listing them. However, the HILLS do make up for lack of coping. :-)

Paul Pellerin

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:22 am

Eric,

Thanks again for the info, huge help. My wife checked out a few places and will book a room today. We can bring the child and the dog so its a go. I believe its the inn closest to the race. Yeah!!! I finally get to skate. Now I have to practice a bit before next week.

Derek,

We are heading to Vermont late Sat. morning and I would like to skate that pool. Are you in? We may stay over Sunday night as well.

See you soon.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:26 pm

Paul, I'll probably bow out of that as it's a ways away. I thought it was a backyard actual empty swimming pool. Lots of bowls around here.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:58 pm

It's official, 6/26 is the Gloucester Race!! Sign up soon. Cancel any other plans immediately.

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:14 pm

The fourth race of the farm sereis is up on the NCDSA contest page. If you have never raced on this hill try and make it for this race. The pavement is great, 9 out of 10. The speeds are fast but not crazy. We will try and make it fun for everyone. Plan on a harder TS but an easy GS. Check back often for more updates. http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... 189#signup

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:11 pm

i'll see if i can go to #4.....but right now i am practically peeing my pants for the third to arrive...........only 6 days to go!
No vestido para mi

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Theme Song for Race 4

Super bummed I can't make this race. Sounds like a good one to bring the family to as well. Maybe my family will be singing this theme song June 26th.

...maybe he went to Gloucester to ride his skateboard.....

Who's gonna step up and film and edit this one? (Noah)

I'm rendering all the vids to DVD and will be giving them away at the party at the end of
Race 6.

Vermont=Bring It

A few of us will be camping in VT near the Winhall River just a few miles from the Mt. Ball Dam

Come party with us at site S25

More Info
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commo ... index.html

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:52 am

I won't be able to grace everyone with my presence at Glouchester... my grandparent's 50th is the same day in Concord, so close yet so far.

I will however be hot tubbing it up on Sunday, so be prepared.

henry

Eric Brammer

Backcountry Longboarding

Post by Eric Brammer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:13 pm

O.k., here's a few places I think I can let you folk in on. You'll want to get your paws on a DeLorme Vermont Atlas+Gazetteer or a detail map from Jimapco to readily find these roads in the Stratton/Haystack area.

Off of Rt. 30, near Bondville, Old Town Road (new tar in some spots!) on into Winhall Hollow Road. which can lead you into S. Londonderry.

Stratton Mt. Road, out past the Sunbowl, heading towards W.Wardsboro. Note 'The Gully', which is about a mile from Sunbowl Lot, heading towards W.Wardsboro. Some praking along the shoulder of the road. Many hills to choose from, including Stratton/Arlington Road heading away from W.Wardsboro.There's a pulloff at the top of that hill, and I use the Stratton Town Hall as my stopping point, unless I'm on a Luge, wherein I'll stop down near Rt. 100, 6 miles on.

Andover/Weston Road, take the turn by the Cemetary off of Rt. 100 in Weston, head up the hill. Skate down only if you've got a 'safety car' following, otherwise, buttboard/luge this. It dosen't look steep, but it carries speed.

Off of Route 30, in Newfane, there's a road that heads up to East Dover. Some good rambling cruising up that way, not much by way of pulloffs though, hiking/skogging may be required. While you're up over thata way, look around in Dover itself for Robbins Road, and Higley Hill (this dumps out on Rt.100, so brakes may be required).

Over on the other side of Rt 100, near Mt. Snow/Haystack (look for Condo runs in there,short + sweet!) is Cold Brook Road. The entrance to Haystack is near the bottom, so head towards Mt. Snow. Beware that the Locals are using this road a bit more often than usual to detour around the paving work on Rt 100, so watch for "CAHs".

The best of these for traffic is the Arlington/Stratton Road, but that is a hill that can Hurt you, so use wisdom and speed control. You're a ways from 'civilization', pack a first aid kit for that road rash... ;-)

I wish i could be there folk! Enjoy my backyard, and don't leave any litter while I'm gone. Thanks in advance... :-D

Eric Brammer

online link to Ball Mt. Dam

Post by Eric Brammer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:57 am

Here's (I hope) a cut+paste link to The Dam, courtesy of the Army Corp. of Engineers.

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/bml/bmlhome.htm

On the upper "A" Course, look for the Dark Green paint dots by going across the road from the lower end of (looking downhill) guardrail that's on the right. There's 50 cone marks, and they end along the left side, about 27 ft. from the entrance to the Parking Lot. The entrance to the lot is the braking zone for racers, so keep it clear of cars and such.

With the lower "B" racecourse, look along the (looking downhill) left side guardrail, there's a good dent in it, That's your start. The course is 32 cones, and meanaders along the right side, around the mahole covers, then a few cones later, cuts right, and works along the right before jogging left, and then finishes along the left guardrail, again going around a manhole. It leaves plenty of braking room, and also feeds into the Cul-de-sac to give you room to slow with ease.

Course marking if at all possible should alternate cone colors (example, all right turns would be Red, White left turns) as to limit confusion as to where to go. Adam has been along when I marked the courses in, and be of help in setting up.

As Y'all know, I wish I was There, not here in Maine this weekend, but I do hope you folk enjoy the hills, courses, and Vermont countryside. Take a Fast Lap for me, will ya? :-D

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:15 pm

ok guys i need some help, i can't remember what site i found the mapquest link on to get to the VT race and when i try and punch "Ball mountain dam" into mapquest it comes up with no matches.........i am from east greenbush ny and i need help on the mapquest, i knew i saw a link to it somewhere and i already checked here, silverfish, and ncdsa and i can't find it. please help asap

-Thanks
No vestido para mi

Eric Brammer

From NY

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:21 pm

Adam, head towards Stratton, going past the entrance in Bondville, staying straight on Rt 30 South. Go past the turn onto Rt 100 N in Rawsonville, and about 3-4 miles on, look for the steep grade [8%] sign heading downhill. The Dam road is shortly after that, a Sharp Left. Go on over the hump, until you're in sight of the garage. The cul-de-sac is at the road's bottom.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Spread Sheet Geeks

Post by William Tway » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Spreadsheet from Race 3

Note: TK and Noah each ran a 27.127 (2) = 27.527

The odds of this happening are very slim to say the least.

I threw everyones worst run out and posted the best 4 runs.

Let's see some pics. Leo I know your holding.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, raced, and helped out. It was a killer group effort and we all pulled together to make it happen. Thanks again to PSR for taking time to set a really fun course and Dan from 3DM for the spreadsheet program.

If anyone is even thinking about Gloucester, don't hesitate...sign up today!

Vid from Race 3 coming soon to a PC near you......
Last edited by William Tway on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

pictures!

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:29 pm

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=qgq ... 1&y=-vk1nc
if you want me to send the full size pic to your email, let me know, and if youknow that you are on my videos and want it. paypalme $100 and we talk. hehe. mailme

hope you like them

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Joe Iacovelli

The Dam Race 2?

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:07 pm

This was such a cool spot. Great race, fun camping and water holes.

I say we do it again, but on a Saturday so we can all do the campfire sing along thing Saturday night.

We could fit it in during July (9th, 30th?)

Or after the Vista Farm Race and have it in mid to late August or Early September.

What do you guys think? Want to do it again?

Joe

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:19 pm

I would make the trip up there again, it is a great spot. thanks to every one who helped this weekend, it was a fantastic event. 14 days untill Farm Oullaw 4 in Gloucester. See you all then.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:58 pm

My wife and kids had a blast in VT this weekend, we'll definitely be back. That spot screams main event to me. Sign up for Gloucester NOW!!!

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Grassroots Spreadsheet...

Post by William Tway » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:23 pm

This is truly a grassroots spreadsheet. A big timesaver....

Mens Points Standings after Race 3

Womens Points Standings after Race 3

As for Race 5, It's looking like it will take place in NJ in hopes the DC crew will come and hang with all the New Englanders. Date and venue will be announced soon.

Karl, Go ahead and plan a race for the 4th in Boston. I'm sure you will attract a good crowd.

I think everyone will agree that Race 6 (El Final) should again take place in VT. I will discuss this with PSR and we'll do our best to keep this train rollin'.

Peace,
Last edited by William Tway on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:27 pm

i would love to have a head to head race on the second part of that hill. or at least running both courses if we do El final in the same place

Eric Brammer

Vermont Farmin'

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:39 am

Hey, I'm STOKED on how well this event seemed to run for everyone! Sorry 'bout the Skeeters, but I did Warn you.. ;-)
My only two kvetches are that I didn't have any choice about being there, and (ahem) the cones were Not set in Alternating colors! (read the directions)
Did you use the "B" course at all? I hope it got some runnin', as it was a good challenging course. That "A" hill, I wanted to run it at a faster clip, but decided on making it something most racers could use without getting worked or needing to footbrake hard. As you all know, I LIKE this hill, and I'm quite happy that it got good reviews, and that it was 'enough' to keep the experienced racers on their collective toes.

My thanks to you all for helping bring a long-standing hope of mine alive, which is to put some of my 'backyard', Vermont Hills, on the Slalom Map!! I'll promptly discuss possible July dates with The Rangers there, and let them know that this thing happened with a Good
Vibe.

CMC!! Damn!! Adam, yeah, right on, you're gonna make Roe PROUD, no doubt! Karl,Leo,Goad, welcome to my world!! :-)
To those how posted up Photos, THANK YOU, very much appreciated here! The Farm Series is getting Better by the week, and I'm stoked on all of you being a part of it!
:-D

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:15 pm

i can't wait until the next time we get to race that hill.

the top course was the #1 used out of the two, the bottom course did get setup with cones but i think the majority used the top. i did like the bottom one.....it also claimed my skin :)

eric, were you referring to me or to the other adam at the race?
No vestido para mi

Eric Brammer

Vermont Farm

Post by Eric Brammer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:21 am

Adam, I was indeed referring to Mr. Schwippert. Roe had agreed to put him on their 'sponsorred' list just the week before this race. With a solid win (3rd is on the Podium, BUT, Adam is NOT in the 'MENS', he's in the Youth, so his racing at Ball Mt. should Rank as a 1st place. That is, unless the first race's results are scrapped, and the age differential originally listed is also tossed aside.), Roe should be pretty happy with his performance.As his Coach, I know I am. :-)

That lower course, that was designed with the idea that it was not to run Too Fast. Chris Nelson lost some hide on that the weekend-before-last by taking it like it had no 'slow' section. I built some 'speed control' into that one so that newer racers wouldn't be freakin' on the speed by the end. The bigger, 50 cone course, that hill can Carry Speed if you set-up looser and follow the direction Gravity wants to tug on you. We've set (CMC, Shaggy,Nelson, myself) some up there that had 70+ cones and you end up whipped by the time you put in 4 runs.

I'm happy with all the positive responses about Ball Mountain! I'm definately game for another full-on Race here, and I'll BE at that one!

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:51 pm

photo by Leo

Video Highlights from Race 3...

Slalom on The Farm Outlaw Race #3

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:51 pm

tway,great vid and music. classic stuff. tk

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 pm

very nice video indeed! i can't wait until the next one i can go to.

i didn't think i would be in it after i saw the minutes winding down but as soon as i saw that victorious shake of the fist in the vid i instantly experienced a giant smile that cracked open from ear to ear! props to the vid
No vestido para mi

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:15 am

Tway, Buen video hermano, Nice musicalization as usual. sorry for not getting the cd on time. If you have it on dvd both races i'll get them.

any flicks of me skating that didnt made it to the final release?

Enjoy the warm weather my friend.

Leo

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:08 am

What a great race. The Dam was a beautiful spot to skate at and the course was a lot of fun.... seemed to challenege just about everyone. I had a good time seeing old friends and sweating my ass off.

Tway, thank you so much for your hard work, for the videos too as they are great.

TK good to see you again, same goes for Noah, Shaggy and wife as well!

After the race I went to Eagle Bay NY for a little nature time with Miss Buffalo 2005. And
tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out... sucks!

Henry J

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:58 pm

Pain meet Henry, Henry Meet Pain

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:47 pm

Coppola? Spielberg? Howard? - HACKS!!!!!!!!!

Tway RULES!!!!!!!!

Nice job, T - makes me feel like I was there!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 pm

I’d like to host the 5th installment of the Farm Outlaw Series on Sunday, July 17th in New Jersey. The race will be held at one of two locations in Middletown, which is central costal NJ. I’m hoping to get the DC crew and the New Englanders together for a rumble.

There’s a great hill at the PNC Bank Arts Center, a concert venue off the GS Parkway at exit 116. The hill is located behind the parking lots and the main grounds of the venue. It’s a dead end road that leads back to some nature trails and a small house where performers hang before the shows. The road is technically not patrolled by the security team that watches the main grounds, but it IS technically the property of and patrolled by the NJ State Troopers. This makes the potential for a bust pretty high. I’ve been riding there for years and can say that it’s a great spot. It doesn’t get a lot of traffic, but people do drive back there, usually to turn around and drive right back out. Occasionally a Trooper will cruise back there and kick me out. Basically, if a cop sees us, it’s over, but this doesn’t happen often.

On the brighter side, this location offers two hills; both have the potential to be fast. One drops steep and fast for about 200 yards, then dog legs left. The other starts steep, but mellows out fast to flat, then also turns to the left, then continues into a mellow slope for another 100+ yards. The beauty of this spot is that there’s something for all skill levels, but be advised that the course(s) will be somewhat fast and challenging.

Back to the bust aspect. If we are ejected, we’ll move an easy 8 minute drive to the Middletown train station which offers a huge lot, moderate slope, and mediocre pavement. The race will be single lane, best of 5 times. If we are each able to get at least 2 runs in at PNC, it’s a race. If we are asked to leave PNC and move to the train station, the format may change depending on time and number of racers. (We can easily run duals at the train station.)

I don’t want to discourage anyone from coming by warning you about the situation at PNC, but it’s only fair to make it clear that like at all outlaw races, we have no rights to the road. Chances are, we’ll have no problems and you’ll love the spot. The backup location is close and we’ll have no problems should we need to move there.

What do you guys think? Sound good? Can you make it on July 17th for a10am start?

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:35 pm

I think I can!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

NJ Farm Series

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:30 am

Noah I'm there.

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:37 pm

Noah, We will try and make it down to your show. We will just be getting back from a trip to CA and OR. Glenn, Ben and Millie

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:53 pm

does anyone have the course measurements that were used on the 3rd race? i liked that course and if i get the measurements i would really like to mark it out near my house

thanks
No vestido para mi

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:53 pm

I really liked the spot in vermont aswell. I'm totally coming to another, but next time can we move the start box up further and have more than one measly push?
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:07 pm

i really want another chance at that course, last time i was scared to go faster because earlier in the day i slipped out at the bottom course, soon i will have packages at my front door so i can get more traction, i must improve from my measly 40 seconds :(
No vestido para mi

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:13 pm

hehe at least you didn't lose your board into a stream.

Moral of the story: When skating in the boonies always ride sealed bearings.:P:)
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:43 pm

o that was you? i remember i guy come into the parking lot saying someone lost there board and then seeing a guy walk into the parking lot with a dripping board.....where you riding gumballs that day at all? and didn't you have a dark blue shirt that said something?
No vestido para mi

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:51 pm

That was me, I was riding grippins. There was no permenate damage and it actually helped me because it made me ride my unlimited with turned out to be a better board for the course. (I was wearing my Needham High School Longboard Club tshirt, hopefully you'll see a couple more guys wearing those tshirts on sunday)
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

TK

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:35 am

TK, check your PM message please.

Hey Karl if you're doint it I'll see if I can go down with a few people.

Were you able to find a ride here?
Many Happy Pumps!

Eric Brammer

mearusments of Ball Mountain

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:16 am

Adam, I have them, but they're unfortunately in my head.... Lost in Space? :-D
Actually, what I used for that is a simple "L" ratio of 6" X 3' to get smooth offsets. An example would be setting up four cones, with the 2nd cone being 1' off to one side(let's say Left), 6' away form the first cone. The next cone(3rd), sets to the Right 2'-4", but it's 8' away from cone #2. The 4th cone, set back to the Left 3', is now 9' downhill of cone #3.
Of course, I mixed up the various distances between cones, and in a few spots just said, 'yup, that line looks good' to provide some differential in overall rythym. Most of the 'big gaps' at Ball Mt.'s course were around 18 ft. downhill, the mid-sized gaps were in the 13 ft.-to-9 ft. range, with the tight slots being no less than 7 ft.
IMHO, Tight Slalom is under an 8 ft. spacing, with offsets of no more than 3-1/2 ft.
G.S. is anywhere from 7 ft. up to 30 ft., but again the offsets have to be 'obtainable', hence the "L" ratio I try to stick to.
Super-G is a huge course, where the spacing downhill is from 12 ft.up to 70 ft. (Morro Bay had two that were around that 70 ft. mark! That course was 3/4 Mile long!!)

You should just get yourself right back up here, and Ride those courses! They're still dabbed with green dots, just bring chalk and cones. Oh, and down by the cul-de-sac is the old CMC/Shaggy Hybrid course, painted in grey dots, right along the guardrail by the lower parking. If you get ahold of me a few days in advance of coming back up to the Dam, I can try to also be there, just gotta switch the workschedule around a bit maybe...

Karl, sorry about the 'water hazard'! At least it didn't go in the Lake! And,no,Cyber-Slalom on the gangway out the the Flood Control Tower is NOT a good idea!! ;-)

ONE Push??!!?? What?? NO!!! That was supposed to be a 2-3 pusher, MO Speed,Dagnabbit!! It's a Hill, you're Supposed to GO FAST!!

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Offsets

Post by Jim Siener » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Eric, That is an interesting way to approach setting up offsets. I was wondering if there are other methods people use. I usually just wing it and walk off distances with my feet but I get lost when I want to space out the gaps. The course at the Dam was nice. Not too hard but it had a few challenging offsets down at the bottom. It could of been harder at higher speeds but I didn't mind it since I hadn't ridden in a long while.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 am

Noah, I'm there for the NJ race.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:44 am

Excellent! Derek, your job is to make sure TK gets here too. I started priming the pump today.

Sorry I gotta miss Gloucester this Sunday, but on top of the other excuses I could throw, that's Christine's birthday. I asked if she wanted to do the bed and breakfast thing in coastal Mass and the first words out of her mouth were "why, is there a race?" Busted.

I hope you guys have a great day.

I'll post up the vague details for July 17, race #5 in the next day or two. There's some good momentum in the northeast right now. I hope to see all of you guys here in a few weeks.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:51 am

I'm going to miss the race this weekend too, though I'll be helping Noah figure out some good course ideas for his race in NJ at our practice spot...

See you all then.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

N.E. slalom racing

Post by Tod Oles » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:11 am

Tway, Noah, and all those involved...

I've been lurkin this forum for some time and I'm a little jealous at the turn out you've been getting....please send some "participation vibes" this way whilst I try to get some of the Fuel
TV victims involved in a new style of skating this summer....

Stay safe, and God bless, T.O.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:59 pm

Noah, TK is coming, no excuses, we talked last night and are looking forward to it. I'll even let Ike ride in the back seat. Tough break on the race, guess that advances me one. No lobster for you. Man, just think of all the points you guys are missing this weekend, ouch. And don't be practicing that damn course down there guys! Tod Oles, hop a flight to Boston or Manchester NH, I'll pick you up.

Paul Pellerin

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:48 am

Derek,

Unless I'm dead, I'll be there Sunday by 10:00 am at the latest. Do you need any extra cones (100 new red)? Let me know if I can be of any assistance with running the race (resetting cones etc...). I have new cambria's and pleasure tool bearings if you need them to set up extra boards for the newbie's.

I hope you will let me try your AXE board. It is ugly, but does it ride/function as well as it appears?

TK or JoeI,

Let me know what you need for a donation for the Farm 5.0. I'd be glad to help out.

See you guys Sunday.