simsbury ct

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Glenn Garbett

simsbury ct

Post by Glenn Garbett » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:41 pm

whats this race gonna be like and i dunno can some one just explain this whole series thats gonna happen
MAD MADNESS

Eric Brammer

Da Farm Outlaw

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:41 am

Glenn, this is not the high-level-with-many-pros Race that The Farm races have been. It's a grassroots thing, where racers/riders of several different levels (some are 'sponsored', most are weekend warriors) who are 'local' to the New England area are just putting on a 'get-together' event[s].We'll be running several races like this thru the summer to create a local series. The term "Outlaw" is because we usually won't bother with getting any formal permission to run a hill. The video clip Tway posted up is pretty much what you can expect.
You'll notice that Huck didn't place too high; Well, it was his first race, ever (on a skateboard;he races on snowboards,and is pretty good at it). You have then someone at your level, near your age, too. Ben and Adam also race on snowboard, and have a little informal duel going between them, as they're about a match for each other in age, and also when racing, be it on snow or tar. If you show, that'll make at least 5 youngin's, or 2/5ths of the field so far. Elissa and Katie should also show up at least once before they head to England, so with Millie, that'd be 3 young ladies, at least for one race. We need more kids, but I'm happy that we have as many as we do. I hope you show up, and race. If you're not sure about doing the full-on racing, I'll gladly set a training course for you. I coach both Adam and Huck, on snowboards and now slalom skateboards too. However at these events, you'll have plenty of riders willing to help out, and no one will be giving off any bad vibes (unless they're having a bad run; then they'll yell at themselves!). It's a good crowd, and we're all stoked to be skating. I think you'll catch that stoke when you get there! :-)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Glenn Garbett

Post by Glenn Garbett » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:03 am

ok cool thx im gonna try to get there
MAD MADNESS

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 am

Bryan and I are going to try to make it and bring a friend who just started skating. Add 3 more to the list of Juvenile Delinquents
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Eric Brammer

Younger crowd

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue May 10, 2005 9:26 pm

That's very cool! I'll do what I can to have a 'starter course' made up for practice. The main Race Course might be a bit frustrating (interesting,challenging,Fun,a tad difficult,Technical--or use your own adjective!), but I'd still encourage everyone to try it a few laps. Still, I know that what I call a 'fun' course, and what a 'newbie' will consider a 'challenge' are not always the same thing... That's why I'll try to set an decent,fun,not-too-crazy course for anyone who has less than a year's Slalom experience.
BTW, I heard thru the local grapevine that John Friends will be bringing a few of his kids along, so we may end up with a pretty good sized Youth contingent. Bring it on, I say!!
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Need ride

Post by Jim Siener » Thu May 12, 2005 5:05 pm

I am looking for a ride to the race Sunday morning. Anyone coming from the North Shore Boston area who could swing by Melrose MA and give me a lift? We could arrange a pickup just off of 128 at the 93 exit to make things quicker. My house is about 10 minutes from this point.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri May 13, 2005 5:39 am

The weather is looking up for our Sunday Outlaw event. Here's the poop straight from NOAA;

Sunday: Rain likely, mainly before 9am. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

So if you ask me...

IT'S ON

but turn it off before you leave the room or my mom gets mad.