getting the stoked in westerly rhode island

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Glenn Garbett

getting the stoked in westerly rhode island

Post by Glenn Garbett » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:04 pm

how can i get more people interested in slalom in my town me and this guy are gonna try. we wanna try to get our skateshop to sell even a few slalom stuff like decks wheels and khiro suff. and we are probaly gonna post something there about it but what else can we do
MAD MADNESS

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Call me 781 492 9312 some time this weekend.

When Bryan and I started skating we knew next to nothing about slalom (even with JG living with Bryan) and now 2 years later we have the first High School Racing team in the country. We've worked hard at it and it comes down to working hard for equipment that you have to give out to kids to ride(that never comes back the same) and teaching kids.

Another thing is to be public and look good doing it. Once a year Needham has a town fair where it closes off the streets Downtown and lots of people come out to see the different boothes and such. We set a slalom course on 'main' street. It was flat and the pavement sucked. It was publicity none the less. I found out months later that it was the first time Kam Bumpus saw slalom skateboarding, and well we all saw him kick ass last weekend.

More to come
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW