Park Slalom Race

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Paul Pellerin

Park Slalom Race

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:15 am

Derek,

When are you planning on holding another park race? Let me know if I can be of any assitance.

Did you see the new crete park built by Breaking Ground. It's located in Weathersfield, CT. The pool/bowl has tile and coping. This park looks like race material.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:19 pm

Paul, sorry for the late response, didn't see the post until now. Over a few pints the other night the topic came up with Steve O'Hara of Pioneers. He expressed interest in helping out again, and I'm sure Rye will cooperate. We're really trying to put together a series instead of just one big race. I'll be up there tonight and will try to wrangle the right people to get a cost on a few nights. We probably will not be making the effort to bring people in from all over the place as we'd rather do it once a month or so. Perhaps a finale would be bigger, time will tell. The fast guys who will push the race aren't slalom guys from all over the country anyway, they're local kids on beat up equipment. I'll keep you in the mix.

Paul Pellerin

Park Slalom Race

Post by Paul Pellerin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:40 pm

Derek,

Thanks for posting. I to would rather ride bowls, but none are close enough to ride consistantly. Once a month is not enough. However, I took my two two nine year old nephews to Rye a while back and they loved it. One is dropping in on the middle crete bowl and craving a bit. We plan on going twice a month on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Hope to see you there as I need all the help I can get.

I have never tried park slalom, but it sounds like fun. Once a few more decent crete parks open up in New England it will be possible to have a summer park slalom series as well.

Best Regards