Final Outlaw Practice/Race Portland, ME

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Paul Pellerin

Final Outlaw Practice/Race Portland, ME

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:46 am

I'm running cones this Sunday in Portland. If any one is interested please post asap, e-mail or call my cell 207-838-6333.

I just spotted this road a couple of weeks ago. Due to the rain, I have not been able to ride it at all. It appears the crew does not work on weekends. Only bad news is it opens for traffic next week on Nov. 18th.

This location is near perfect. It is a new connector road off of US RT 295 (295 runs off of 95) The road is easy to find and access off of the highway. Appears to be low potential for a bust as the road is currently closed to traffic. The road is 4 plus lanes wide (with low divider in the middle). The road is about 1-1.5 miles long, lined with sidewalks and runs along the Fore River (spouses and kids have a place to play as well). The asphalt is virgin and as of last weekend it didn't appear to require a lot of sweeping. The hill has ample run out room on both sides of the hill. That's Right - both sides!!! One end of the road includes a hill with both sides. Therefore, you could set up 2-3 courses at the same time (TS duel, HS duel and a GS on the backside). Refreshments provided (water, soda, coffee, tea & hot coco/cookies and limited supply of fresh pumpkin bread and pies). Prizes - set (2) of Avalons for top three racers HS course.

Sorry for the short notice. I didn't post last weekend as it took a few days to recover from my near perfect FACEPLANT last weekend.

I'm skating here this weekend with my nephews, regardless. If it turns into a heated practice session or a timed race great.

Later.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:58 pm

Hey Paul

Wish I could go, but in order to race next year, I've got to get some papers written, this weekend.

Good Luck!

I'm sure people would be interested in coming up. With just a little more notice and a warmer day :) .
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW