Berlin NH 10/7

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Glenn Chapman

Berlin NH 10/7

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Come on guys, the town of Berlin and GSI are stepping up and putting on a slalom race for us. It would be good to see as many of the New England riders come out. I will be heading out early Sunday morning. If you need a ride from the north of Boston area let me know, I have some seats available in my van. I live a 1/2 mile from the Monserrat commuter rail station. If you can get there saturday night you are welcome to sleep at my house.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:19 pm

If my ankle is OK then, i will definitely be there, a few other Montrealers will come too.
Ride more, post less.

Paul Pellerin

berlin Race

Post by Paul Pellerin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 am

Glenn,

May thoughts exactly. Tim has put a lot of time and effort into putting this race together. His first race attempt was rained out this past May. This is his second attempt and yet only 14 racers have signed up. Last Columbus Day weekend we pulled a race together at the last minute at the Dam. Since there will not be a race held at the Dam this year, this may be the last race of the season held in New England.

I plan on attending so last place is locked up.

Eric Brammer

Berlin/GSI Race

Post by Eric Brammer » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:45 pm

The weather for this weekend looks to be Outstanding! Temps in the upper 70's, with mostly clear skies. It can't get any better than that... :-D
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Tim Cayer

River Fire Slalom Slam Jam October 7, 2007 Results

Post by Tim Cayer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 am

Hybrid Class
Class A
1st Curt Debartolo
2nd Pierre Gravel
3rd Pascal Jean
4th Glenn Chapman
5th Rick Floyd
6th Eric Brammer
7th Raylene Hill
Class B
1st Millie Chapman
2nd Meredyth Klotz
3rd Sophia Klotz
4th Andrew Burke
Tight Slalom
Class A
1st Pierre Gravel
2nd Pascal Jean
3rd Glenn Chapman
4th Curt Debartolo
5th Raylene Hill
6th Eric Brammer
7th Rick Floyd
Class B
1st Andrew Burke
2nd Meredyth Klotz
3rd Sophia Klotz

Eric Brammer

Berlin

Post by Eric Brammer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Tim, I had a great time! Thanks to you, GSI, and the town of Berlin.
Those other hills you showed us at the end of day, those could let you set up a world-class event. Nice to see a community step up like that!
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Tim,

How did the town like it? Do you think we can do it again with a bigger group? We just need to work on scheduling as it is a bit of a drive for us flatlanders.

Joe

Tim Cayer

Berlin NH slalom events

Post by Tim Cayer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 am

Joe,

From all accounts the city loves this. I don’t believe there are any issues there. I will get a more detailed review in the coming days. But just from talking to people who came out they are in full support. I know the city is always looking for new events to attract visitors. And this is something they have now seen and I know are behind me doing more of. I would like to host at least 1 possibly 2 event here next year. I would like to see at least one grow to a 2 day. We might have access to an arena for a pump race if there is any interest in that along with a GS race. I showed a few racers some other hills that will be faster. I am up for hosting races if racers want me too. I am hoping GSI will host a total of 4 slalom races in 08. We’ll see. I just need to hear from the racers what they want. I will work to provide it.

Berlin is 3 hours from Boston. I was told about 4 from Montreal. About 2 hours from Portland.

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Thank you to GSI, Tim Cayer, and the City of Berlin. I had a great time coming up and racing last weekend. The weather was great and the fall foliage was spectacular. The hospitality shown by the city was wonderful. If you put on another race I will do what I can to get there. Thanks to Pierre Gravel for setting the courses, hope to see you all soon.
Regards,
Glenn Chapman

Tim Cayer

Berlin Daily Sun Front Page

Post by Tim Cayer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Glenn,

Millie made the front page of today's Berlin Daily Sun. She is really good! I hope she continues racing. I would love to see how far she goes in this sport.

http://www.gravitysportsinternational.c ... 9fpbds.gif

The Klotz mother daughter duo also have a picture in the paper with their trophies. What fun it was to watch that battle all day.

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Tim,

I'm soo sorry the Fullbag Team and Quebec City Crew couldn't be there last sunday. But you can count on our support for next season. We will be there and gladly give some swag for the prices.

Mig