Fells next week

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Fells next week

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm

I'm going to be back in Boston next week- anyone have any time I really want to go hit up the fells with the NHS longboard club. How does this sunday sound for anyone? Berlin sounded like a lot of fun, sorry I missed it!!!
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:17 pm

I was planing on skating at the Fells on Sunday. Earlier works better for me but let me know what time and I will try and meet you there. I will bring the timer.

Willy Whit

Post by Willy Whit » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 pm

we'll be there
Skaters by their very nature are urban guerrillas

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:23 pm

How's 11 am sound? Maybe get there around 10:30 to set the course?

Directions
From I-93 N, take exit 33 to Fellsway West (Rte 28). Go N 1.8 miles to reservation entrance. Follow the road inside to the parking lot. Pack light, you might have to park on the outside.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:21 pm

I am in, see you there.

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:58 pm

I had a good time racing and skating with the Karl and Needham crew. They are getting better every time I see them. Kevin from NH was running the hybrid clean from the top and getting some 6 footers figured out, not bad for the few times he has been in cones. Frank and Ray, both longboarders showed up, they are considering getting into slalom. If you guys want to skate again or have any question feel free to send me a email.

Willy Whit

Post by Willy Whit » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:37 pm

Couldn't get there until almost 4 and nothing left but chalk dust. Sweet hill for slalom !
Skaters by their very nature are urban guerrillas

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 pm

4/26 I am heading over to the dog park hill to skate for a couple of hours. If anyone is around and wants to meet over there I should be there from 1:30-3:00. Sorry for the short notice.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Glenn - I was up in QC racing an outlaw with Mig and crew...but let me know if you go in the next few weekends and I'll come down there...if gas isn't $6 a gallon, or I can find a person to split the trip with! :-(

Gas in Canada this weekend was about $5 a gallon USD.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Sat May 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Rick, I will try and post here when I plan to ride the problem usually is I don't always know very far in advance when I will have free time. Let me Know the next time you are going up to ride with Mig and the Fullbag crew, I would love to go up there and skate with those guys. Have you found any good spots in Burlington?
See you soon.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah, I understand the last minute thing...and as gas goes up the likelihood I'd drive to Boston just to practice goes down. The QC race was last minute too. I just happened to email Pierre about training and he mentioned the race may go off - it was decided on Wednesday and run on Saturday. They just cleared the snow off the "Fortress" the weekend before! There will likely be an outlaw in Montreal around June 1st, and maybe a bigger race in QC the same day as the Boston Fells race.

I have been using Google Earth to search for slalom spots up here. So far I found a long but mellow GS road in a biz park with about 7.5-8 pavement and flat runout, and a really nice bike path for HY/TS with close to Antrim grade pave and a decent pitch but it requires footbraking...not much traffic either. Still looking for the mother lode though. There are tons of longboard type skaters around here but zero slalomers as far as I can tell.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)