PPR Paul Pellerin Racing!

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

PPR Paul Pellerin Racing!

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 am

I just wanted to send out a big shout out and thanks to Paul Pellerin from Maine. He's super stoked and has been my biggest sponsor as I've struggled from a broken leg to the podium. A lot of people talk about how the young guys are becoming a bigger part of the sport but this guy really helps out a lot of the young guns from the whole New England area. I got my first Pocket Pistol from Paul, he's supplied much of the wheels we ride in the Needham High School Longboard Club. He's also paid entry fees for young skaters who wouldn't have been able to skate otherwise . He's been at every event the NHS team has put on since 2005! He's a Needham Outlaw for sure.

Paul is planning on putting on a race in Portland next summer, says he's got some killer venues (big hills, lots of spectators). I for sure will be up there racing next year. Can't wait to see you out on a board next season. Thanks for helping me get so far.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Paul Pellerin

Your Welcome

Post by Paul Pellerin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey Karl,

Thank you. I'm glad to help you and the other young racers over the past couple of years.
Everyone has been very appreciative and have gotten faster. However, you have really excelled over the last two years. I knew you had the talent, but lacked the funds to purchase the best equipment on the market. I felt if you had the right equipment it would give you the motivation to practice and progress rapidly. You took the bull by the horns and practiced like a man on mission. As a result, you took your racing skills to a new level in 2006 and even higher in 2007. In 2008, I expect nothing less than greatness and perhaps you turning pro. I've been there for you before and I'll be there again in 2008 to help you take it to the next level. Good Luck in 2008.

I've learned from the past not to talk too ealry about a contest. But yes, I'm working on having a race in Maine during 2008. I now have a contact that works with the city to obtain permits etc... This guy also has contacts with the local skate, surf and snowboard shops and more importantly the local brew pubs. More in the furture.

It has been a tough couple of years, for me and my family, but things are improving everyday. I hope to be back on board this year as well. I don't miss the races, but I sure do miss the practices.

Take Care.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Paul,

If you don't show up to a race, early, and ready to ride, this spring....

well, lets just say you are out of the club.

Joe

Paul Pellerin

Club??

Post by Paul Pellerin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Hey Joe,

I see they finally let you back into the country. Nice to hear from you.

You wouldn't throw me out of the club. I have not been to enough events to be part of any club. I'm virtually unknown. Besides we have not gone drinking yet.

I'll see you at the top of the hill this spring, early and ready to race. Just make sure you bring your best dress.

Paul